Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Solved] The Cap on Liking Posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,494 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

During the last 48hrs I've received the following message about half a dozen times.... "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day".

Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong, cos I haven't been going mad clicking on the 'like' button?  Thanks.

#2    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,729 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

Lol

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

I think there is a limit of 100 likes; at least that is what I think is the case.

#4    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,934 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

Eldorado, you are a 'like monster'. but what's up with your avatar and status line (i.e. 'dead').

Silent protest?

Maybe if there was quota for negative votes, you could balance yourself off? :)

Edited by Likely Guy, 18 August 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#5    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,582 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

But... what about us who like everybody?

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#6    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,109 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

I use the "Like" button with discrimination. I don't want to anyone around here the wrong idea. :unsure2:  Plus, the more likes people get, the more they may think they know what they're talking about. Then they may start thinking thay know more than I do, which they probably do, but I don't want to give them that idea. It's hard enough bluffing my way through threads as it is.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#7    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,905 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

Hi El,
I believe the problem may be that the cap of 100 posts is over a 24 hour period.  Therefore:

If you liked 4 posts in the first 1hr and reached 100 in the 24th hour, then in the 25th hour you would have 4 likes available to you again.  

If you liked nothing for the second hour and didn't use your 4 additional posts available to you in the 25th hour - you would have 9 or 10 or (?) available in the 26th hour.

Basically it always adds up the likes of the previous 24 hours continuously.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#8    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

I use the "like" button when something appeals to me,but maybe there should also be a "dislike" button when someone is posting absolute rubbish,but I guess there's always a switch off button.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#9    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,067 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

When I originally set the cap to 100 likes in a 24 hour period I didn't think anyone would reach that limit for it to be a problem, the important point really is for there to be a limit at all, the specific amount isn't as important so long as a restriction exists. ( within reason )

I've gone ahead and upped the cap to 200 likes in a 24 hour period - hopefully that should solve the problem.

#10    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,494 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 18 August 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

Hi El,
I believe the problem may be that the cap of 100 posts is over a 24 hour period.  Therefore:

If you liked 4 posts in the first 1hr and reached 100 in the 24th hour, then in the 25th hour you would have 4 likes available to you again.  

If you liked nothing for the second hour and didn't use your 4 additional posts available to you in the 25th hour - you would have 9 or 10 or (?) available in the 26th hour.

Basically it always adds up the likes of the previous 24 hours continuously.

'I like this'

Thank you, libstaK.  I hope you can understand my frustration at being able to use the function one minute and the next minute not.  I also hope the above posters, bar DecoNoir, can understand that I always try to resist being a miserable git.  Whether it be with money, smiles or 'likes'.  If I like a post, I acknowledge the fact by 'liking' it.  No matter if the poster is my best buddy or a jerk.  (There are some folk on here who don't even acknowledge happy birthday wishes, fgs).

Cheers, pal.  :)

#11    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,494 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostSaru, on 18 August 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

When I originally set the cap to 100 likes in a 24 hour period I didn't think anyone would reach that limit for it to be a problem, the important point really is for there to be a limit at all, the specific amount isn't as important so long as a restriction exists. ( within reason )

I've gone ahead and upped the cap to 200 likes in a 24 hour period - hopefully that should solve the problem.

Problem solved.  If I see the message again, I just don't log-in for a couple of days.  I guess you can mark this as solved and lock the thread.
Thank you for your time and patience, sir.

#12    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,067 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Not a problem, happy to help. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users