Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why do people conform to societal norms?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#76    Three

Three

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

(I am unashamedly following you around the forum now because you are so funny!)
The only thing I scoff at life about is my not have the same capacity for love of my fellow man when I've been drinking as I do in my everyday life. Pretty ******* selfish, huh?

#77    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostThree, on 02 December 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

The only thing I scoff at life about is my not have the same capacity for love of my fellow man when I've been drinking as I do in my everyday life. Pretty ******* selfish, huh?
Not selfish so much as maybe needing a break once in a while from the strain of 'loving your fellow man' ...... who often isn't very lovable.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#78    Three

Three

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 03 December 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

Not selfish so much as maybe needing a break once in a while from the strain of 'loving your fellow man' ...... who often isn't very lovable.

Ouija² , I love you despite your dirty hippie, liberal bleeding-heart repugnance towards us conservatives; you know, real Americans, regardless of what anyone says behind your back. Lol, still with me here, or do I own you an apology?

#79    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostThree, on 03 December 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Ouija² , I love you despite your dirty hippie, liberal bleeding-heart repugnance towards us conservatives; you know, real Americans, regardless of what anyone says behind your back. Lol, still with me here, or do I own you an apology?

Hmm, I might have to hit the gin in a minute to make some sense of this ...... but no apology needed(as far as I can make out!).
Where did the 'dirty hippie, liberal bleeding-heart repugnance' bit come from?

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#80    Three

Three

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Well, maybe I'm wrong but I think I remember reading your posts concerning PETA. Sorry bout that, lately I can't seem to remember who or what the heck I've been reading about.

Right then, tell me a secret about yourself and I'll tell you one about me. Pfft..forum etiquette, right?

#81    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostThree, on 03 December 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

Well, maybe I'm wrong but I think I remember reading your posts concerning PETA. Sorry bout that, lately I can't seem to remember who or what the heck I've been reading about.

Right then, tell me a secret about yourself and I'll tell you one about me. Pfft..forum etiquette, right?

You're right, I have supported PETA here.

A secret about myself? Let's see now ...... the whole point about real secrets is you don't tell them to anybody! How about you go first because you're obviously feeling less inhibited than me at the moment :) ?

#82    Three

Three

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

:hmm:  That's okay, I understand.

edit: Oops, I didn't think you were going to post.
A secret about me, eh? Okay:

• In Texas we have these giant grasshoppers with tiny little spikes on their legs that will kick you if you pick em up. Also, they spit this tobacco like substance out all over your hands, and it smells kinda funny; they creep me out, is what I'm going for here.
* Bonus:
  • When I'm out and about in the fieldd picking mushrooms, I don't like the way the cows look at me while doing it. It's like they know, right?
That's 2 secrets about me friend, you can atleast give me one.

Edited by Three, 03 December 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#83    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostThree, on 03 December 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Also, I don't understand this:'regardless of what anyone says behind your back'.

#84    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Ouija you have more tolerance than me! ;)

#85    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostBling, on 03 December 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

Ouija you have more tolerance than me! ;)

No tolerance required ...... I bet he's a real sweetie when he hasn't been drinking!

#86    Three

Three

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Didn't realize I was being offencive. Okay then, later gang.

#87    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostThree, on 03 December 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Didn't realize I was being offencive. Okay then, later gang.
you weren't being offensive, but you were derailing the thread (is that an example of nonconfromist behavior?? lol)

#88    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Im kind of in the same boat as you, I think people usually follow the crowd to fit in and somethings arent worth fitting in with, In my opinion a persons uniqeness shows what kind of person you are.  For instance I dont have a facebook account like everyone else seems to, For instance my brother is really into sports and so are my parents and I couldnt care less about sports. Stay you AB :tu:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#89    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Kind of ironic that you're pretending to dislike conformity, but at the same time are preaching for the world to conform to your ways.

Lets see the differences of the world where ppl don't have solidarity with each other (which you obviously mistake for conformity half of your lil debate), or don't conform or completely lack empathy because they are so consumed by their own petty ways:
Your world: Nobody talks to each others, everyone is passively agressive but pretends to have no emotions. If you have children you are not allowed to express your love for them because that would be conformity. Don't except any respect either from them, that's classified as conformity. College and school in general is non-existent because learning the same things is conformity. If you're wearing the same shoes as somebody else or dress in a location or event appropriate way you better buy some hoochy pimp clothes because you are being submitted to conformity. Got a job? Better resign right away otherwhise you're conforming to social standards of having a job and creating a life of your own. Etc...

The more reasonable and logical world: Having emotions is not disgraceful, and learning how to deal with them is an admirable asset.
Something the OP obviously lacks...you're a vessel of frustration and small mindedness. Only your way is the correct way in your mind, and you'll do everything to be special to hide your passive agressive nature to the world.

Edited by Render, 03 December 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#90    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,396 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 03 December 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Im kind of in the same boat as you, I think people usually follow the crowd to fit in and somethings arent worth fitting in with, In my opinion a persons uniqeness shows what kind of person you are.  For instance I dont have a facebook account like everyone else seems to, For instance my brother is really into sports and so are my parents and I couldnt care less about sports. Stay you AB :tu:
You can have a different perspective of life, but it becomes wrong when you ignore other people's feeling and act like "I do what I want", "I eat my meal first, it's pointless to wait dad"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users