Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Piers Morgan debates Ted Nugent on GunControl

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,319 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostBama13, on 07 February 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Thanks for the info.

The M1 Garand is gas operated. So this an "assult weapon"?
The Maxim Machine Gun is recoil operated. So this not an "assult weapon"?
Which would you rather your fellow citizens have?
Seems a recoil operated weapon will shoot about as fast as a gas operated one.

The Garand  falls under the same category as the M14, and the official classification was "battle rifle", despite the ability of the M14 to shoot automatic salvos, normally they should be assault rifles (at least by our modern classification). And no, the Maxim falls under the category machine gun, and it is quite irrelevant if gas or recoil operated, the fire mode is relevant here.

With large caliber ammunition it is better (because less complicated) to use recoil loading, with smaller ammunition gas loading.

And as far as I am concerned they can have all of them if they handle them with the care that should be given to a firearm.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#62    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 07 February 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

It's all good. I figured we spoke enough already that you shouldn't wonder what angle I was coming from but I know it is hard to decipher personalties without faces, voices and body language.

True enough. reading plain text on a screen can make it much harder.. It is a lot different face to face. Anyhoo, glad there are no hard feelings..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#63    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,318 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 February 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

And as far as I am concerned they can have all of themif they handle them with the care that should be given to a firearm.
The problem that has catapulted this issue into the mass media and its marble masters has nothing to do with handling firearms with care.   It's about politicizing inanimate objects because people turn murderous and then prey on helpless victims.   This notion that mass murderers sensationalized by our media aren't being careful is preposterous.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#64    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,923 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#65    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,565 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postacidhead, on 08 February 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

I didn't watch your video but I did read about the store owner being upset about the deception. I'm not saying he's stupid but what did he expect? Journalistic integrity? Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Posted Image

#66    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,493 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Well, whether on not Alex Jones' argument is better or not, I had to give up watching after 10 minutes.

The guy simply just strokes his own ego.   It just makes him look like a arrogant snot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users