Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hallucinations from Lack of Sleep

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

Whenever I lack sleep for a week or so, like 2-4 hours a night...I get pretty vivid and eerie hallucinations. Here's some.

When camping, me and my friend were sitting in my truck, in a field, waiting on my other friend to arrive. I looked out toward the field, near the tree line, and saw a giant white figure. When I say giant...I mean...like humanoid Godzilla size. It was pure silvery white, no facial expression, and had long, lengthy arms. I saw it sway back and forth for like 5 seconds, then vanish.

-These are common: black scurrying things going across the floor, out the corner of my eye.

-One foggy night, I pressed my face against the window, and some type of goetic demon face formed right outside, glaring at me.

-Auditory stuff. Hearing my name, "voices in the walls", etc.

Now...prepare yourself...ambien hallucinations.

-My living room turned into an abyss. I was laying on the couch, and everything around me started going black. There was a large, vast shape of blackness in the corner of the room, with long black hands and tentacles reaching out, trying to touch me. I kept saying "Yog Sogoth." Look up the reference if needed.

-Stiff-jointed, 4 legged creatures were crawling around my computer desk. They were human in size. Long slender heads, with sort of...snout/trunk mouths. If I stared at them for long periods of time, they would turn and glare at me. Sort of looked like the creatures from the video for "Comfortably Numb"...

-Giant bulbous creatures swaying back and forth, leaning over me.

-Vision turned into nothing but dark, purple crystals. Could move crystals out of my vision with my hands.

-Weird creatures would crawl up to me on the couch. Also hallucinated people on the couch. Tried to touch them.

Have you tried meditation, soothing music and a dark room? No caffeine, no chocolate, no celery, do you have food allergies? Good grief!!!! You need some quality sleep!!!

If I did not need my sleep so much, I would stay awake just to have those....

I have heard many of them, my Dad has told me a lot from when he was in the service..

Our minds are wonderful things !

Sleep is a drug that makes us believe the life we live. Stop taking that drug...and you see what happens.

Sleep is a drug that makes us believe the life we live. Stop taking that drug...and you see what happens.

Sorry, I need my job, health, and family time :)

Sometimes just staying up late can create minor hallucinations. Sometimes I can clearly hear someone snoring when there's no one else there.

ambien is notorious for causing hallucinations when you fight going to sleep. i have had a hallucination from staying up for 3 consecutive days.(it wasnt from ambien) i saw the General Lee sink into a river in my bathroom wall paper. its amazing what things your mind can come up with when exhausted.

Edited by a vampire wears my boxers

Native Americans have used sleep deprivation as a means of vision questing. When in a contemplative. Calm relaxed meditative, and psychologically sound state. Deprivation can lead to increadible insights and revelations. But it's mildly dangerouse and should never be attempted without supervision. ( for the mods ;)) your doctor would say it should never be attempted.

My altered state practice and meditation tightens up my lucidity during vision questing ( sleep deprivation plus fasting while alone in the wilderness) ( about once a year or if needed) has lead to some increadible experiences and revelations.

I am so incredibly thankful for my ancestors for discovering these processes to pass them down.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how long one has to be sleep deprived to experience hallucinations?

When I was sleep deprived, I tried to lay down, but on the Ceiling were these Big Spiders, like a foot, and they had silk comming down to me, and they would slide down the silk and I would freak out, this happened untill I was like yeah I am not going to sleep right now, I think I slept finally that night..... damn all nighter's!

Edited by kitco

Native Americans have used sleep deprivation as a means of vision questing. When in a contemplative. Calm relaxed meditative, and psychologically sound state. Deprivation can lead to increadible insights and revelations. But it's mildly dangerouse and should never be attempted without supervision. ( for the mods ;)) your doctor would say it should never be attempted.

My altered state practice and meditation tightens up my lucidity during vision questing ( sleep deprivation plus fasting while alone in the wilderness) ( about once a year or if needed) has lead to some increadible experiences and revelations.

I am so incredibly thankful for my ancestors for discovering these processes to pass them down.

I Enjoy the same, I am Metis, Cree and I Enjoy Spiritual Journey's, I think I need to go on one, my Spirit Creature is the Black Bear! and Ravens always like checking on me too!

Does anyone know how long one has to be sleep deprived to experience hallucinations?

I can do it after a single sleepness nite and plenty of coffee.

I tend to get the spiders first which I can see out the corner of my eyes crawling around. The longer I go without sleep the more obvious the hallucinations come until I am seeing characters and visual effects with stuff. Never gone more than 2 sleepness nights so I dont know what happens after that.

I have episodes of lack of sleep all the time. I might sleep well for a month or so and then go into a period of no sleep for several days or a week or more. After a few days of poor sleep or no sleep I begin seeing things particularly out of the corners of my eyes to start. I begin to hear people talking and have also heard people calling my name. As time without quality sleep continues I begin seeing shadows passing by doors. I have a small dog and I can swear I see her walk around the couch and she is in the other room sleeping in her bed. Lack of sleep can cause all kinds of mental and visual hallucinations. I should mention that I have suffered from Sleep Paralysis for most of my adult life. This is completely different from the lack of sleep episodes and usually occur when I am in a good sleep pattern. The experiences in Sleep Paralysis seem much more realistic. YOu would swear that someone is in the room and that you are in imminent danger. I also have strange creatures acost me during these episodes of SP but it is all a trick of the mind. I have also had out of body experiences with the Sleep Paralysis which is just a total trip. Sleep is a very important part of my life and would give anything to get my sleep patterns on a consistant schedule. Sleep is imperative to your mental and physical help.

For several weeks I wasn't sleeping more than 3 or 4 hours a night but I never had any hallucinations. The only time I've had hallucinations was when I consumed a little too much of the spirits and saw a giant alligator cross the road in front of me. :innocent:

• 2 years later...

It's nice to know I'm not alone, i have to take adderalI to stay focused in school, but ive been on it for the last 3 years so naturally i have so much trouble falling asleep and staying. Asleep so I end up going 3-4 days without sleeping. It is NOT fun! The hallucinations alone drive me literally crazy. The first time I hallucinated there were bugs jumping out of my bed on me and I could feel them biting me, I started screaming and my boyfriend thought I was crazy. The next night I sat on my porch, again with my boyfriend, we were both staring in the direction my car was parked, I saw 5 people breaking into my car, because of his lack of reaction I knew I was hallucinating. I saw leaves hopping like frogs. I always feel bugs crawling on me, Crawling in my food, don't know if it's because I hate bugs. I watched two giant centipedes crawl toward me from the edge of my bed. I was in the bathroom on the toilet and watched the handle knob turn and the door open, I was the only one home. again all hallucinations and I will see random shapes and objects appear in the air floating. I realized early on if I ignore the hallucinations as much as possible they are not as bad. I'm in law school so I need the adderall to help me focus but the lack of sleep is killing me.

It's nice to know I'm not alone, i have to take adderalI to stay focused in school, but ive been on it for the last 3 years so naturally i have so much trouble falling asleep and staying. Asleep so I end up going 3-4 days without sleeping. It is NOT fun! The hallucinations alone drive me literally crazy. The first time I hallucinated there were bugs jumping out of my bed on me and I could feel them biting me, I started screaming and my boyfriend thought I was crazy. The next night I sat on my porch, again with my boyfriend, we were both staring in the direction my car was parked, I saw 5 people breaking into my car, because of his lack of reaction I knew I was hallucinating. I saw leaves hopping like frogs. I always feel bugs crawling on me, Crawling in my food, don't know if it's because I hate bugs. I watched two giant centipedes crawl toward me from the edge of my bed. I was in the bathroom on the toilet and watched the handle knob turn and the door open, I was the only one home. again all hallucinations and I will see random shapes and objects appear in the air floating. I realized early on if I ignore the hallucinations as much as possible they are not as bad. I'm in law school so I need the adderall to help me focus but the lack of sleep is killing me.

This is not healthy. You should check with your doctor.

Hahahaha...funny to read this..not because I riducule but because I have Absolute experience with this.

Shrine Buiilder -->Sleep is a drug that makes us believe the life we live. Stop taking that drug...and you see what happens.

TRUE Absolutely TRUE!!!! Why do you think, when They started to educate the humans, very strongly as of the 20century, that they started to insist, that humans Must sleep, Need sleep, that especially children must go to bed Early. Insisting that you Need Sleep otherwise you get sick, that you Need sleep to be well rested, this is Absolute bull**** and a HUGE LIE!!

Kitco--> Native Americans have used sleep deprivation as a means of vision questing. When in a contemplative. Calm relaxed meditative, and psychologically sound state. Deprivation can lead to increadible insights and revelations.

True, and not only Native Americans, but Bhudist, Popes/Vatican know this practice very well. Headfamily members, Magicians, Sourceres, the Celts, the Scytians, the old Egyptian Priests and Pharaos, to name but a few who knew and practiced in order to be able to see the other Dimensions, the paralel worlds. This was practiced by the Mayans, the Priest of Old Mesopotamia, the Old Hebrew priests the anchients..all the way back to Ninhustag days.

However ...There be one HUGE RULE.. Your Behaviour and actions in daily live towards others and especialy Innnocence, the way you treat Vegetation and Animals will define what you may see and what not. If you hold fears, no matter for what, no matter how little ..you better sleep at night, if not this fear will become your reality.

Many have tried to do this, with no effect, or just little effect, many get horror moments bcause they will see exactly that what they fear.

Those who do wrong to other, will only open to wrongness.

Now what exactly happens when you dont sleep , officially, depending who you are , your Karma, you are VISITED--most people will see dark moving spots, mostly from the side of their eys, these trols who come from the other side will not show themselves to your eyes in front of you..they come in checking you out. Others can see lights flying around in their house..which is a nice visitation from the otherside proving that yes your behave well towards others ..however this will be only because your not ready to see the real worlds..

Officially staying awake is our state, we do not need to sleep every night, nor do we need to sleep to be well rested. A walk at the beach or in nature..sitting taking in the calmth of everything around you, doozing of a bit, creates a rested state. Go into a relaxed mediative mode is more restfull to your body than a forced You must sleep because its nght.

There be are reason why the system at one point, thanks to the rsearches of the CHURCH insisted that children must go to be early..What you see when not sleeping a few nights, is ALWAYS PRESENT AROUND YOU AND IN YOUR HOUSE, ALWAYS 24/7 only You dont know because you can not see nor hear them. Little children can see them, children who are forced to go to bed early..crying being afraid in the rooms, screaming for their parents, who come in, children telling tehm that they see monster, yet the adult does not see. Lord knows how many children are harrassened at nights by the trols form the oter side, as well as certain beings who come in at night to take energy and BREATH away from the little ones, especially baby..cribdeath the result, unexplained deaths of babies and little toddlers..THe Wrong headfamilies, and certain religious heads know this..is why they force adults to listen and to send the chldren early to bed, is why they tell mothers Not to have their babies in the bedrooms, but in a separate room, is why so many babies cry at night, is why the system educated the adults that babies who cry seeks attention, that you shouldnot spoil them and take them in your own room..because we have a few paralel worlds which are you much believed and talked about HELL __ Rooms of baby's become GATES---so they can enter--

I can tell you guys a Lot about this.. the beginning which was just a continuation of the way I was as a child. I could not sleep 'normal' anylonger since the day after the Eclipse of 11th of August 1999. The moment we entered 2000, the 3th day into that year, I decided lets see what happens when I ignore sleep compleetly , did not sleep 3 nights in arow, dozed of the 4yh day, making me feel as if I had the best sleep ever in my life. This went on until the month July..which was the month where I did not sleep anylonger, was busy 24/7, until the last day of September.

What was shown to me is nothing like you peoples describe, the other paralel worlds opened Fully to me, I dived into the future dimension, went back all the way to Ancient Egypt. to Khem. Saw everything, everything that happened when they came in , when they entered earth to hunt the humans down...from that year on I heard people talking in the USA and in Canada..and espcially Canada I heard the Orcas all the way in my house on the other side of Cananda was called by the Old Native American Tribes..especially the Iroquai..the USA the calling came in from the Askenazi Mountains..the world to the REAL Native Idians history opened up to me..Degenawea and his tribe were sending messages. Was present in a Huge studio where they were filming a movie which came out in 2003..[ very interesting as this movie caused so much **** for especially many youngsters around the world, cause it caused them to Wake Up which was the intention of the heads who ordered the making of this movie, knowing that it would force many to wake up, which was needed so they could start arresting especially the younger ones ] .saw way more which I will not reveal here on this board..2001 Huge visitation from the other realsms again showing me things..2002 went up in awareness in a big way..again 2 months in a row not sleeping..Leaving my body at will whenever I wanted visiting many countries..especiall Afganistan..playing games there ..2003 2 months no sleep the Spirit world came in big time showing me everything, then again 3 months no sleep They [ those who really control the humans on this planet ]..your Devil leading few Headfamilies of which the masses do not know they exist. Military heads at my door Inland secirity at my door warning me that they knew what I was doing and that If would continue doing what I was doing that they would make my live impossible I laughed at them told them to bite me..Told them that I knew why they where warning me because these families stated to fear my abilities. 1 year I stayed low profile, 2005 London [ what I did there wil not be revealed ] ..2006 comes in due to them trailing me I decided ***** them..a aunt of a good friend died that year in May.she came to me one week before she was killed, She looked at me and told me " you know things, you see things, what do you see for me? I looked in her eyes and I saw death and I told her, get you things in order, they are going to kill you, you will be killed within these comming 2 weeks. 8 days later she was killed. Her spirit stayed around because she did not die of a natural cause, nor due to it being her time, when you are killed or you commit suicide, including euthanasia, your soul can not migrate, nor can there be any transmigration for the soul, its doomed to stay in this realm. I helped her niece to take care of things and her 2 sons. From the day of her death I stayed awake. In came her cremation , the moment the oven went on she dived into my body, wanting to get her killers, which took me exactly 3 weeks. She was killed due to a huge insurance she took for 1 millions euro. I blocked her killers from getting that money..her killers where taking ' care' of. Because of one urgency I needed to check something some where in another dimension, came back went to bed to rest my body, all of a sudden the doorbell went, early in the morging around 7 oclock. the millitary, warning me, telling me they saw me on their computers, Told them that they were imagening things, then one man said " oh really and what is this?" pointing at the floor in front of my house and my own feet..I had the dust from the other side on my feet and legs and well my foot prints were very clear to see.. I stayed awake from that day on until 1st of Oktober, may-june-july-september.

Went to the USA Illionois, St Louis, Cincinati, Philadelphia, from there on I went to Canada Ontario/Toronto..for the children who where massively and are still massively raped abused, killed and the chidren who disapear without anybody being able to find them.. For 4 whole months I walked with others day and night..pointing the locations,the houses, the cities, the companies and locations where paedophiles and satanist use children..showed the locations where they found the bodies of many children ..FBI came in .yet all they did was greeting me with absolute respect and warning me that there are organisations in the USA and Ontario who wanted me death as well as those in my own country, especially warning me for Nevada/Salt Lake city area..Special forces came for me at the airports yet could not do anything..traveling form one city to another by plane, I send my body/astral out firstlty, while sitting in the plane, mostly one 30 minutes to 1 hour before I would land, confusing these imbeciles..Back in my country, which was the end of September 1 hour at home and the inland security and millitary dogs came in to arrest me..and yes they tried to kill me, interogations, injections, torture ..but well " God' has different plans when it comes to me..so here I am still alive and working well.. Ontarion one sestpool of absolute childabuse satanic rituals killing of children, espcially imported black children, the same goes for Illinois St. Louis Philadelpia and Cincinati..Ontario holds the seat which controls one huge part of the USA--In Ontario/Toronto..there fear became huge The *****s started to warn eachother. started to post in their forums..to watch out fearing that I would take to their clubs..reason..staying awake turns me into a Vampire..meaning I do not eat anything no foods no fibers no proteins nada but water and pure glucose..and if I want to go very deep..like into their undergrounds..no water nothing...but blood. which is the most pure nutrient a human can take..needed only once every 2 weeks.

To state..normal commoners should not even try to do things like this..You NEED to be absolutly without Fear you NEED to be Extreemly STRONG MENTALY..You must be able to Will others and control the elements if not stay at home go nice to bed and stay in the 2/3D reality..those who where not build genetically for this Level will go nuts will do drugs will freak and see only demons and trols , dark shadows, or dark spot flying around them, will maybe see vage images of body's or faces, and if you hold fears they will manifestate in front of your eyes

Stating the above..This be only a ability for those who carry the Oldest genes and DNA on earth.. there be with a few millions..no system can do anything..Reason They would have to tell the comoners the truth about our real reality--a thing they fear..and this ability of a certain gene..is the reason why they started with the witchhuntings.. I come from a very old line..so again normal humans are children..DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING TO STAY AWAKE longer then a few days, 3 is the max for a commoner , this is the level you can take as a normal human..go over these few days and you will go nust and will become psychotic and sick.

Just in case there be some HOPI Indians around Thanks for 2003.

Edited by Khishur