Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What about this, Nazca line like no other?

Four Winds

nazca_man1.jpg

While the Nazca Lines are interesting, I never got a sense of real curiosity until I saw this image. Sure, the pictographs of animals can be explained away, but this one is not like the others. It is not some people scrapping the ground away to make an image of a familiar animal, this is precision work and unlike what I have seen from photos of other Nazca Lines. Does anyone have an opinion or information about this image? Is it hoax?

• Like 4

I have seen numerous compliations/series of pictures of the Nazca Lines... this image is one that i have NEVER seen. You would think that with its more geometric centered theme that this one above all the animal pictographs would grab the most attention. My inclination is to say that seeing how this is the first time hearing/seeing this glyph that i call it out as not being one of the nazca lines.... it might not necessarly be a hoax though as it could very well be real.. just not a Nazca Line

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala

Maṇḍala (मण्डल) is a Sanskrit word meaning "circle." Mandalas have spiritual and ritual significance in Hinduism and Buddhism.[1][2]

The term is of Hindu origin. It appears in the Rig Veda as the name of the sections of the work, but is also used in other Indian religions, particularly Buddhism.

The basic form of most Hindu and Buddhist mandalas is a square with four gates containing a circle with a center point. Each gate is in the shape of a T

300px-Mandala_of_Vajradhatu.JPG

clearly a representation of the universe

Edited by granpa

I have seen numerous compliations/series of pictures of the Nazca Lines... this image is one that i have NEVER seen. You would think that with its more geometric centered theme that this one above all the animal pictographs would grab the most attention. My inclination is to say that seeing how this is the first time hearing/seeing this glyph that i call it out as not being one of the nazca lines.... it might not necessarly be a hoax though as it could very well be real.. just not a Nazca Line

I'm like you, I have seen many pictures of the Nazca Lines and when I came accross this one, it is like, Hello? what is going on here. If it is not a hoax, I just can't fit it in with the other Nazca Lines.

GE_nazca_cross1.jpg

Edited by Razer

Not quite sure what a Hindu Mandala would have to do with the nazca lines. Could be a hoax, could be some weird sort of irrigation channel system. Could just be some interpretation of their beliefs. One thing it is not though, is runways for aliens.

There are so many hoaxs, but as the ancient child drew lines in the stars representing figures of myths, so they also drew lines and figures on the lands. :) migration symbols

Edited by docyabut2

Not quite sure what a Hindu Mandala would have to do with the nazca lines. Could be a hoax, could be some weird sort of irrigation channel system. Could just be some interpretation of their beliefs. One thing it is not though, is runways for aliens.

you are assuming the alliens don't have a need for circular runways!

• Like 2

The image looks like a rough outline ,of a mandala ,or yantra .

It's so rough,hard to say for sure ,but I see what they mean

• Like 1

It almost looks like some of the crop circles designs to me. Do you have links for the source of this picture?

• Like 1

It almost looks like some of the crop circles designs to me. Do you have links for the source of this picture?

I found it using google earth at the coordinates shown in one of the posted pics.

It's the "Calendario Nazca." Nazca calendar.

Of course, nobody knows if it's really a calendar.

It's a bit north of the usual Nazca suspects.

Harte

Hey all, I used tineye, and had 5 links with the picture.

The picture is from Google earth..( all of them ).....Someone with more time ( and interest ) can research this more.....

http://www.tineye.com/search/7133f5cb33130839ca11d8cca294efdcaf23f64e/

Edited by Sakari

It's the Chakana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakana

Chakana at Pisac

215-Chakana-at-Pisac-300x225.jpg

The Andean Cross

by Dr. Cynthia Bellacero

Today I was contemplating the Andean Cross. In the Quechua language this cross is called Chakana. It’s name comes from the Quechua word “Chakay” meaning to cross or bridge.

Incan life and society was based upon prinicples of belief and behavior that is symbolized by the Chakana. The chakana still holds meaning to modern day Andean culture. Art and jewlery made by Incan descendants often depict the Chakana. In fact, I purchased a lovely silver Chakana pendant while I was in Cusco.

The Chakana is a 3-stepped cross symbolizing the 3 tiers of Inca life:

* Hanan Pacha: the upper world of the stars, celestial beings and gods (It’s animal totem is the condor)

* Kay Pacha: the middle world of Mother Earth and human life (represented by the puma)

* Uqhu Pacha: the lower world of the underworld and death ( represented by the serpent)

The circle in the center denotes Cusco, the navel of the Inca Empire. Cusco, from the Quechua word “Qosqo” means origin, navel, belly button. The entire Incan universe is thought to have radiated out from this central point of the Inca kingdom. This is where the “Sapa Inca” or ruler resided with his court.

The 4 cross arms depict the 4 cardinal directions (north, south, east, & west) and the 4 classical elements (earth, air, water, & fire). They also represent the 4 rules Andean people live by: work, love, knowledge, and sharing.

Some depictions of the Chakana have a triangle around the hole in its center. The 2 bottom points at the base of the triangle represent duality, such as man:woman, good:evil, and dark:light. The peak of the triangle represents balance.

The whole symbol also represents the 12 months of the celestial year. Many buildings, temples, and religious sanctuaries have chakana iconography.

http://cynthiabellacero.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/the-andean-cross/

Here is a better/closer photo if anyone is interested

021-Palpa-mandala.jpg

This photo comes from this page

http://www.geschicht...rkierungen.html

Here is another from the same page. It looks like there are at least three geomtric glyphs, one to the left of the main one and one down and to the right.

023-Palpa-mandala-m-2-zusatzkreisen.jpg

Edited by Razer

Of all the possible explanations presented, I've gotta go with the similarity to crop circles, although I haven't got a clue where to even start trying to explain any connection.

Of all the possible explanations presented, I've gotta go with the similarity to crop circles, although I haven't got a clue where to even start trying to explain any connection.

No, it's a Chakana:

ChakanaQhapaq_Nan_masonesnewyork.png

Abe,

Unless it's some variation on the theme you presented (Chakan,) I'm not seeing in the pic what your drawing shows.

Are you? (LOL! :w00t: )

Harte

Abe,

Unless it's some variation on the theme you presented (Chakan,) I'm not seeing in the pic what your drawing shows.

Are you? (LOL! :w00t: )

Harte

I'm 'seeing' lots of things now, lol.

Ah, I get it: you must leave out the words and numbers and help lines.

Chakanas vary in design, like I quoted in a former post.

690px-Chakana_inca_detalle_textil_uncu_001.JPG

Detalle de un "uncu", una pieza textil inca, donde puede verse representada una chakana o cruz andina. El objeto pertenece a la colección de objetos arqueológicos peruanos del Museo de América, Madrid, España. Se cree que el uncu data de principios de la época colonial peruana.

Detail of a "uncu", a piece of Incan textile representing a chakana or Andean cross. The object belongs to the collection of archeological objects from Peru in the Museum of America in Madrid, Spain. It is believed that the uncu dates from early colonial Peru.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Chakana_inca_detalle_textil_uncu_001.JPG

Some pretty interesting geometric shapes..Razer's first photo is best..you can see Abe's Chakana as the larger shape, two concentric circles and then there's the square in the center with four 'panels' flipped out from it which is where the mandela idea came from (my guess). Note that the corners of the square and panels then allow you to draw twelve radii from the center. Plus there are additional geometrics at the edges and further out!! Far out!

Abe, its interesting that the Chakana you pictured has a spiral shape in it.. I refer you to the Sun Dagger at Chaco Canyon which is also a spiral. I think that some investigators were able to tie it to solar (solstice events ) and lunar events as well. So I would assume this also has some of that same significance, particularly if you make the jump to the twelve radial lines as being some sort of clock or sundial. very interesting stuff.

• Thanks 1

Abe, its interesting that the Chakana you pictured has a spiral shape in it.. I refer you to the Sun Dagger at Chaco Canyon which is also a spiral. I think that some investigators were able to tie it to solar (solstice events ) and lunar events as well. So I would assume this also has some of that same significance, particularly if you make the jump to the twelve radial lines as being some sort of clock or sundial. very interesting stuff.

Yes, this one:

Chakana at Pisac

215-Chakana-at-Pisac-300x225.jpg

The Inca spiral symbolized Earth.

Check these 2 posts of mine in another thread in another UM forum:

http://www.unexplain...45#entry4598655

http://www.unexplain...75#entry4599094

The next photo I took near Sillustani, Peru. It was said it depicted a comet flying past or impacting on earth (the spiral) :

Sillustani1.jpg

Edited by Abramelin