Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hikers capture footage of mysterious Bigfoot

Still Waters

IT HAS been the stuff of legends for as long as hikers have been traipsing through the wilderness.

But whether you believe this figure caught on camera by hikers in the Canadian wilderness is actually the legendary Bigfoot, or just a man in an ape suit, is all a matter of opinion.

Either way the sighting of the figure, which appears covered in thick black hair and is seen lumbering across the mountain top, has sparked plenty of excitement among Bigfoot fans.

http://www.news.com....c-1226687343311

...it's gotten to the point where I come to these bigfoot threads looking to be entertained by new "footage". Is there any credibility left on the sasquatch front?

• Like 3

It's so far away, I'd like to know how the photographer knew it was a BF.

one of those <wink><nod> things?

• Like 2

Once again bigfoot defies all we know about nature and animal behavior. First, he has the innate ability to be blurry at will. Second, he routinely walks along ridge lines and allows himself to be silhouetted while remaining one of the most elusive, paranoid, and clever creatures in existence.

• Like 4

1. I'm famous for lists.

2. Considering the elusive nature of the Sasquatch, most images will be from unexpected encounters or from a long distance.

3. Not everyone out there who sees a Sasquatch has high quality cameras just lying around beside or near them. So of course we are going to see low quality videos.

4. Yes, we live in a technological age where everyone should have high quality technology, but we don't always do.

5. Finally, those that do rarely ever find Sasquatch in the wild. And even so, there will always be those to question the clearer images. So in this field of cryptozoology, it is more of a quest to find one alive or dead, rather than just video or photographic evidence.

• Like 1

It moves kinda human-like, like it lifts its leg in a steep way to descend to another platform. Nice quality though :)

thumbs up if you say "dude in a suit"! :tu:

• Like 3

People see Bigfoot for centuries. That’s means that the creature must be very old or that there is also a female version of the creature :P. For replicate :P. But people always see one creature, not two or more. And Also a mature version of it. Sorry that I have to say it, but this doesn’t make any sense of course. But that is my opionion.

those that do rarely ever find Sasquatch in the wild.

or never, as the case may be.

in this field of cryptozoology, it is more of a quest to find one alive or dead, rather than just video or photographic evidence.

judging from the last 30,000yrs of human history, i'd say that ain't gonna happen.....

• Like 1

Has anyone seen my mother in law? She went hiking on the weekend end and never came home, she just loves nature.

ps. she has a hair condition

• Like 4

why are videos always so bad in quality and choppy?

Where is the footage before and after?.....

Why is it all ways just a few seconds, even though it is obvious more could have been filmed, and the camera had not even been put down yet.?

Answer : because one has to edit out the parts that make it obvious it is fake....

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Why is this even a dude in a suit? This could easily be a dude in a bulky sweatshirt and jeans...

It's way too far away and blurry to tell anything other than there's something bipedal walking around over there.

• Like 2

Why is it all ways just a few seconds, even though it is obvious more could have been filmed, and the camera had not even been put down yet.?

Answer : because one has to edit out the parts that make it obvious it is fake....

Well, the darn things teleport so fast when their ExtraSensoryCameraPerception alerts them, a few seconds is all anyone can get.

Hard to believe, but it's true. :yes: I've seen it.

Well, almost saw it.

Edited by QuiteContrary

This is actually one of the better "bigfoot" videos I have seen.

My guess is that the people taking the video are friends with the guy in the bigfoot suit.

• Like 3

If I ever ran across a sasquatch, alien, or a (insert your favorite creature here) and had a camera, I would be taking as much film as humanly possible, maybe saving a few minutes or disc space in case I got closer. It may or may not be a fake, I can't say, but it's hard to believe you would run across something so unusual that you would only take a little snippet of film. Yes, it could have moved below the hill, but you can bet I would be looking for a new vantage point to get all the evidence I could.

The legs look too long for a bear, not to mention how it steps. I don't think bear.

Although, I suppose the guy could be wearing a bear suit. Maybe they are cheaper and easier to come by. :P

1. I'm famous for lists.

2. Considering the elusive nature of the Sasquatch, most images will be from unexpected encounters or from a long distance.

3. Not everyone out there who sees a Sasquatch has high quality cameras just lying around beside or near them. So of course we are going to see low quality videos.

4. Yes, we live in a technological age where everyone should have high quality technology, but we don't always do.

5. Finally, those that do rarely ever find Sasquatch in the wild. And even so, there will always be those to question the clearer images. So in this field of cryptozoology, it is more of a quest to find one alive or dead, rather than just video or photographic evidence.

How can you be famous if you only have 3 posts? Are all 3 posts lists? :innocent:

Welcome to UM forums!!

• Like 2

why are videos always so bad in quality and choppy?

I dunno, I think the quality of this video is pretty good. The only problem is the distance. This could actually be authentic, or it could just as easily be faked. We can't really tell for sure either way. I'm going to assume fake for the reason that if it were real there would be more footage. You don't just see bigfoot and stop filming when he walks a little behind a hill. Then again you could have the most authentic, no doubt, up close video and people still would find something wrong with it and claim fraud.

I can't tell anything from the video, I can't believe you guys are seeing what you're claiming to see. Could be a guy in a suit, could be me looking for a place to take a good pooh.

Edited by keninsc

[media=]

[/media]

Source and story here:

http://www.foxnews.c...bigfoot-figure/

When you watch the video on youtube and put it to the middle size, it seems in parts of the video that parts of the chest and back are a lighter color then the arms and head.

Looks a lot like a hiker or fisherman to me. I think we're looking at someone wearing a dark long sleeve shirt and a tan vest.

post-26883-0-52965600-1375221778_thumb.jpost-26883-0-53460400-1375221788_thumb.j

Screen capture cropped pics blown up 400%

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2