Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Human race is losing inteligence.

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#46    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

A virus/sickness spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection..
now...............take that up a few levels to conscious reasoning and what you have is a sickness of society that spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection at a sub-conscious level... Sickness as in these moronic thought streams that allow this to happen. This is what I mean by sickness of society at a civilisation level.. These Moron lobbyists working on the funding of big corporations are part of the infectious disease that is robbing us of our awareness. What is good for society is being neglected for what is profitable.. as a result....... we're being dumbed down..

Interesting speculation. But it is a backfire way to control people because there are smart enough people to pick up on this and throw it back at them. Thus it becomes a battle of wills so to speak. Or for the hearts and minds of the poeple. You certainly raise a valid something.

#47    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,707 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 February 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Interesting speculation. But it is a backfire way to control people because there are smart enough people to pick up on this and throw it back at them. Thus it becomes a battle of wills so to speak. Or for the hearts and minds of the poeple. You certainly raise a valid something.

Some of those who actually have a clue are branded as conspiracy theorists. I can think of one in particular who has predicted many a trend which has later come to pass.

Edited by WoIverine, 21 February 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#48    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

The movie Idiocracy is a prophetic comedy.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#49    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

the book 1984 was a prophetic comedy as well

#50    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 February 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

Is your water supply got floride though? Cause I know my area hasn't got floride in it, luckily.

nah. luckily that was banned here in the mid seventies, as far as i know. My doctor once got me started with the fluoride stuff. He said, you need it as a little kid, but for grown ups it is of no use really. It's a way of cheaply getting rid of industrial waste to put in in the toothpaste. Oh, and he said also that fluoride is an ingredient in lots of heavy psychopharmaka....that made me stop using it....

#51    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

My community used to have fluoride in the water I had the benefit of meeting the man that led the crusade to have it removed from pour drinking water in his last year of life.

#52    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,707 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 February 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

the book 1984 was a prophetic comedy as well

And the answer to 1984 - 208 = ?  I've seen t-shirts with that. lol

Edited by WoIverine, 21 February 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#53    Twinkle Arora is back

Twinkle Arora is back

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 202 posts

• Mythical Awareness

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 21 February 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

That is completely relevent imo.. :tu:
A virus/sickness spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection..
now...............take that up a few levels to conscious reasoning and what you have is a sickness of society that spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection at a sub-conscious level... Sickness as in these moronic thought streams that allow this to happen. This is what I mean by sickness of society at a civilisation level.. These Moron lobbyists working on the funding of big corporations are part of the infectious disease that is robbing us of our awareness. What is good for society is being neglected for what is profitable.. as a result....... we're being dumbed down...

Couldn't agree more, I understand what you are saying completely.

#54    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,385 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 February 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Interesting speculation. But it is a backfire way to control people because there are smart enough people to pick up on this and throw it back at them. Thus it becomes a battle of wills so to speak. Or for the hearts and minds of the people. You certainly raise a valid something.
We all have small yet very significant guiding principles that govern who we are and how we react and percieve the world around us. Most of these principles are benign and well balanced guides or laws that govern us. Some of them though, are imo parasitic models of thought and behavior that need to be delt with sternly once they're realised.. Take for instance the latest infection trying it's best to get a foot hold in humanities phyche.. "Corporations are people" Now that I am glad appears to be one of these infections of society that doesn't seem to be taking hold.. :) But there are others, and there have been other much more devistating. and there are plenty of much smaller parasites of this conscious type that have infected all of us.. "Lifes a b**** & then your die" "Life is war" "Life sucks doesn't it" Quite often we find ourselfs knodding to these statements in agreement because we are infected by them.  

View PostTwinkle Arora is back, on 21 February 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Couldn't agree more, I understand what you are saying completely.
Am glad one of us does.. :tu: Because this concept is something that I'm only just starting to make some sense of..

There are probably hundreds, or even thousands of these infectious lines of thought.. Once they have a grip on someone and once they become a part of that persons list of guiding principles then though that infected person the virus of consciousness spreads.. Take for instance this old Gem of an infection which gladly, has just about seen it;'s last days.. "Children should be seen and not heard" Now there is a toxic stream of though that was responcible for the dicken's era of child slavery.. Gladly, though, it's on the demise in most of the world..

Ever heard of Pupetmasters? well imo these are the strings..

Edited by Professor T, 21 February 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#55    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

We all have small yet very significant guiding principles that govern who we are and how we react and percieve the world around us. Most of these principles are benign and well balanced guides or laws that govern us. Some of them though, are imo parasitic models of thought and behavior that need to be delt with sternly once they're realised.. Take for instance the latest infection trying it's best to get a foot hold in humanities phyche.. "Corporations are people" Now that I am glad appears to be one of these infections of society that doesn't seem to be taking hold.. :) But there are others, and there have been other much more devistating. and there are plenty of much smaller parasites of this conscious type that have infected all of us.. "Lifes a b**** & then your die" "Life is war" "Life sucks doesn't it" Quite often we find ourselfs knodding to these statements in agreement because we are infected by them.

When I was growing up we used the term I dont care to protect our minds from absurdity. It certainly if used too much can have an effect on your psyche because I still dont care to this day. IMO.

#56    Twinkle Arora is back

Twinkle Arora is back

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 202 posts

• Mythical Awareness

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 21 February 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Am glad one of us does.. :tu: Because this concept is something that I'm only just starting to make some sense of..

There are probably hundreds, or even thousands of these infectious lines of thought.. Once they have a grip on someone and once they become a part of that persons list of guiding principles then though that infected person the virus of consciousness spreads.. Take for instance this old Gem of an infection which gladly, has just about seen it;'s last days.. "Children should be seen and not heard" Now there is a toxic stream of though that was responcible for the dicken's era of child slavery.. Gladly, though, it's on the demise in most of the world..

Ever heard of Pupetmasters? well imo these are the strings..

Hahaha actually I am one of those guys who is fed up by the consumerism culture the humans have adopted on this planet, it just doesn't make sense.
Ever heard of Peter Joseph? The guy who made the Zeitgeist Documentary Series??
He has made a new series by the name "Culture In Decline" that targets the roots of the problems in the society,
You should check out www.cultureindecline.com and I am sure you will understand what I am saying after watching it's first three episodes. :)

Edited by Twinkle Arora is back, 21 February 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#57    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

No one has mentioned the cause of this decline as pointed out clearly in the article:

"Further, the geneticist explains that people with specific adverse genetic mutations are more likely than ever to survive and live amongst the ‘strong.’ Darwin’s theory of ‘survival of the fittest’ is less applicable in today’s society, therefore those with better genes will not necessarily dominate in society as they would have in the past."

What this geneticist is proposing is eugenics. Nothing to do with poverty or education. It's simply feeble minded people procreating. That's the problem according to Dr. Crabtree.

#58    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 21 February 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

nah. luckily that was banned here in the mid seventies, as far as i know. My doctor once got me started with the fluoride stuff. He said, you need it as a little kid, but for grown ups it is of no use really. It's a way of cheaply getting rid of industrial waste to put in in the toothpaste. Oh, and he said also that fluoride is an ingredient in lots of heavy psychopharmaka....that made me stop using it....

Wow, shocked your doctor actually said that. Must be a good honest doctor.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#59    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 21 February 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

Every time I have to fight some gawmless cross-eye'd subway caterer who has to be told three times what I want to on my foot-long I wonder if humanity is getting dumber..

Turns out we are... :unsure2:

http://naturalsociet.../#ixzz2LOpmcFPF

Edited to add: Personally I think there are many more reasons for this.. Much more than listed in the artical for sure..

While I do agree that people seem to be getting dumber (I'm a teacher....I see their progeny everyday)  I think that this article seems to smell of bias a bit.  Its a "natural" website and the things the article mentions are all common items for the organic crowd to rail against.

I'm not disagreeing with the article, per se.  It just seems a bit slanted.

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#60    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,425 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

... huhh?    :huh:       .

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users