Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Edgar Mitchell says a lot.......


  • Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#121    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,719 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostHazzard, on 26 March 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

This is one of those not so flattering personality traits topsecretresearch share with many of the ET on Earth believers.

Sad really.

TSR is soooo old school it is amusing. It's like he is stuck in the 70's.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#122    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 4,983 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Just reading this interview with Edgar.

It seems that both the 'car story' and the 'being alone in a lab' are both incorrect.

http://www.uri-geller.com/mitch.htm


#123    JimOberg

JimOberg

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2007

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Just reading this interview with Edgar.

It seems that both the 'car story' and the 'being alone in a lab' are both incorrect.

http://www.uri-geller.com/mitch.htm

Thanks for the link!

We can still presume Mitchell drove his own car to SRI. So an opportunistic search of it remains a plausible suggestion. A problem is that he recalls losing the tie clasps in Houston, which we might assume he did not drive to. But did he lose them there, or only notice they were missing, there?

Other interesting comment from forty years ago:

You think progress is being made?
I think we'll probably make a breakthrough soon. We will probably perfect the mechanisms to detect these energy fields. We'll probably come up with a better theory as to how all of this works, how it relates to body mechanics and relativity. When that happens it will be a whole new wonderland to look at.


#124    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,307 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well, at least we can take solace in the fact that the government always presents the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! :tsu:


#125    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 4,983 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 March 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Thanks for the link!

We can still presume Mitchell drove his own car to SRI. So an opportunistic search of it remains a plausible suggestion. A problem is that he recalls losing the tie clasps in Houston, which we might assume he did not drive to. But did he lose them there, or only notice they were missing, there?

Other interesting comment from forty years ago:

You think progress is being made?
I think we'll probably make a breakthrough soon. We will probably perfect the mechanisms to detect these energy fields. We'll probably come up with a better theory as to how all of this works, how it relates to body mechanics and relativity. When that happens it will be a whole new wonderland to look at.

Yes he may well have driven there, and yes good points about 'where did it actually vanish/get lost', but I thought according to the interview it was not found in the car at all?!? also I wonder where the 'alone in the lab' phrase originated? He clearly states that he was not alone in the interview. Such exaggerations/misleading wording though should not be blamed on Edgar himself though IMO.

not too sure where you are going on the 40 year old comment?


#126    JimOberg

JimOberg

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2007

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

not too sure where you are going on the 40 year old comment?

Just that he expected -- and said this elsewhere as well in the 1970s --
that he would solve the ESP puzzle quickly.


#127    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 4,983 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 March 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Just that he expected -- and said this elsewhere as well in the 1970s --
that he would solve the ESP puzzle quickly.

ahh ok, although I think he doesnt quite say that ' he' will solve the ESP puzzle but humnas in general (assuming that is what he meant by 'we'.....

You think progress is being made?
I think we'll probably make a breakthrough soon. We will probably perfect the mechanisms to detect these energy fields. We'll probably come up with a better theory as to how all of this works, how it relates to body mechanics and relativity. When that happens it will be a whole new wonderland to look at

plus he said breakthrough rather than 'solve'....

amazing how a word here and there puts a brand new spin of a sentence :w00t:


#128    JimOberg

JimOberg

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2007

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

View Postquillius, on 26 March 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

ahh ok, although I think he doesnt quite say that ' he' will solve the ESP puzzle but humnas in general (assuming that is what he meant by 'we'.....

You think progress is being made?
I think we'll probably make a breakthrough soon. We will probably perfect the mechanisms to detect these energy fields. We'll probably come up with a better theory as to how all of this works, how it relates to body mechanics and relativity. When that happens it will be a whole new wonderland to look at

plus he said breakthrough rather than 'solve'....

amazing how a word here and there puts a brand new spin of a sentence :w00t:

Point taken. Sometimes but not always he uses the royal 'we', but without really watching him say it, we can't tell.

Either way, his expectations were wildly optimistic. But what's really wrong with that?

Ditto with UFO proof, tgoo, I guess.

Edited by JimOberg, 26 March 2013 - 07:43 PM.


#129    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,719 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 26 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Well, at least we can take solace in the fact that the government always presents the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! :tsu:

We do not need them. Many new ideas come from NASA, which is becoming, if not already, largely privatised. It's in the hands of the people now. Lets see how we go. Well I suspect, Private Enterprise tends to be a bit more vigilant and budget conscious than Government departments I have dealt with. They have to perform for the next payment.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#130    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

    Astral Projection

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined:14 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 26 March 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

TSR is soooo old school it is amusing. It's like he is stuck in the 70's.


Disc sightings or landing cases are nothing old. Disc type craft are still reported. Go to NUFORC and search by category.

People like Jim/ James Oberg use spin doctor fallacy. In some cases he's right in debunking space junk for example. But notice Jim/ James Oberg had to be corrected by a Ufologist on the UFO UpDates list. An example of spin doctor fallacy would be the Birthers during the last Presidential election. The claim is Obama wasn't born in the US. The motivation was of course prejudice or right wing extremism. Or take the super fund politcal campaign commercials. You were presented bias info to smear or discredit the other candidate. It's really a reflection of the corrupt system we live in. A system that embraces the on going-cover up. Now imagine if someone monitored your every statement, private life, or even internet activity. They may snoop around your house and dig through your garbage. Someone could really do a number on you, attacking your character and discrediting everything you say.

Astronauts of course pose a threat because they are viewed as credible people. The gist of what astronauts like Gordon Cooper and Ed Mitchell are saying pertaining to Government secrecy and UFOs is 100% true. No amount of spin doctoring will change that.


#131    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

    Astral Projection

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined:14 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Here's a scarry thought. We all know about Abu Ghraib under former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld. We know that some UFO witnesses are harassed during UFO flaps also some UFO people come down with mysterious cancers.

Consider there is a secret space program.

The real worry is not about ET's but what may be occurirng in the confines of outer space.
You could have a secret base or space station where torture, evil experiments, and crimes against humanity are being conducted by the US and some of its allies.

Here's an example of tragic accidents that occured in space:

USSR's Soyuz 11 while returning from Salyut 1 on June 30, 1971, developed a leak. Three cosmonauts on board died from depressurization.

What does depressurization do to a person? It's a horrific way to die.

Depressurization, exposure to solar radiation, reduction in bone mass in microgravity, the effects of experimental drugs in space, and other cruel experiments could be tested on live subjects. Genetic experiments described in alien abductions as way to mimic what the aliens are doing. The evidence could be disposed in space without anyone knowing.

Of course, we all know NASA roots come from NAZI Germany. In some ways America's military-industrial complex does resembles the NAZI's.


#132    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,719 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 27 March 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Disc sightings or landing cases are nothing old. Disc type craft are still reported. Go to NUFORC and search by category.

And to this day, nobody can still prove these claims are actual physical craft. Nothing like 60+ years of hearsay to get the imagination going. All your cases are old school TSR. So is your method. You would have to be one of the last people on earth clinging to MIB.

I always imagine you dressed, and speaking like Disco Stu.

Posted Image

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 27 March 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

People like Jim/ James Oberg use spin doctor fallacy. In some cases he's right in debunking space junk for example. But notice Jim/ James Oberg had to be corrected by a Ufologist on the UFO UpDates list. An example of spin doctor fallacy would be the Birthers during the last Presidential election. The claim is Obama wasn't born in the US. The motivation was of course prejudice or right wing extremism. Or take the super fund politcal campaign commercials. You were presented bias info to smear or discredit the other candidate. It's really a reflection of the corrupt system we live in. A system that embraces the on going-cover up. Now imagine if someone monitored your every statement, private life, or even internet activity. They may snoop around your house and dig through your garbage. Someone could really do a number on you, attacking your character and discrediting everything you say.

Like I said, Quillius calls that a positive trait, and he is better at this than you are, so it's not a bad thing to "spin" the story, it is just that people like Jim tend to spin it back straight is all.


Would you mind posting this correction? I have seen a few people say the corrected him, like Leslie Kean, but when I read the article, I could see that she personally disagreed with Jim, she did not refute him at all. Politics is corrupt, there is something to gain, UFOlogy is just an assault on logic and commons sense. Very different motives.

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 27 March 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Astronauts of course pose a threat because they are viewed as credible people. The gist of what astronauts like Gordon Cooper and Ed Mitchell are saying pertaining to Government secrecy and UFOs is 100% true. No amount of spin doctoring will change that.

Threat? Yeah right. To common sense perhaps. Yes they are viewed by credible people, that is why the papers keep harassing them for stories. Everyone knows the best way to confuse facts is to tell them to a reporter. Would you buy a headline that Says "Old Man Insists ET is here" Or "Astronaut speaks out against ET Cover Up Says Government is hiding Aliens"? The reporter will go with the one that sells the most.

That is the problem the "Gist", and how people determine that. You are putting personal preference into interpretation  Ed Mitchell has been directly quoted several times in this thread, but the FTB's do not give his words the time of day, they only see how they can "read between the lines" to see what they want to see. Do you deny that Cooper had a negative bust up with NASA over Shepherd getting the command he wanted? Or that Edgar Mitchell explicitly states that he has no personal knowledge, and that nothing happened on the moon trips? His information comes from people on earth, and that he does not go so far as to tell people his information comes from not only cattle ranching people he grew up with, but Bob Lazar and Stephen Greer? Making up imaginary oaths is the best FTB's can do from what I see, and frankly, that is simply not good enough. Anyone can see it's just personal malarky.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#133    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,719 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 27 March 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

Here's a scarry thought. We all know about Abu Ghraib under former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld. We know that some UFO witnesses are harassed during UFO flaps also some UFO people come down with mysterious cancers.

Consider there is a secret space program.

The real worry is not about ET's but what may be occurirng in the confines of outer space.
You could have a secret base or space station where torture, evil experiments, and crimes against humanity are being conducted by the US and some of its allies.

Here's an example of tragic accidents that occured in space:

USSR's Soyuz 11 while returning from Salyut 1 on June 30, 1971, developed a leak. Three cosmonauts on board died from depressurization.

What does depressurization do to a person? It's a horrific way to die.

Depressurization, exposure to solar radiation, reduction in bone mass in microgravity, the effects of experimental drugs in space, and other cruel experiments could be tested on live subjects. Genetic experiments described in alien abductions as way to mimic what the aliens are doing. The evidence could be disposed in space without anyone knowing.

Of course, we all know NASA roots come from NAZI Germany. In some ways America's military-industrial complex does resembles the NAZI's.



LOL, here have you read this one yet? One of my favs, the most amusing CT and imaginative CT I have seen in a while.


Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#134    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 4,983 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostJimOberg, on 26 March 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Point taken. Sometimes but not always he uses the royal 'we', but without really watching him say it, we can't tell.

Either way, his expectations were wildly optimistic. But what's really wrong with that?

Ditto with UFO proof, tgoo, I guess.

never go down without a fight ay Jim :)


#135    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 12,997 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

We find that amusing.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users