Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

• Please log in to reply
5470 replies to this topic

#3751    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 24 April 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Ald-land - Old Land, yes, but not the Old Land of the Fryans; it was the former homeland of the Finda. You say the homeland of the Finda was somewhere in the province of Groningen??

-

I know how the sailors pronounced 'oud' ; that is the way how I (born in The Hague) pronounced it for a long time, lol: 'aht'.

No, I did not say that. I have once said, that the Gertmann were from Frisian origine and that it was a misinterpretation of Ottema to rank them as Germans. By the way it was the original idea of Ottema to rank the Gertmanna as Frisians, but he changed his view.  OLB states that the Gertmanna kept their Frisian customs.

#3752    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

View PostKnul, on 25 April 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

My condoleances. Even on this age you would certainly prefer a more human end.

She died like the flame of a candle. She got regular injections of morphine (once every 4 hours). She died peacefully.

Thanks Knul.

#3753    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostKnul, on 25 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

No, I did not say that. I have once said, that the Gertmann were from Frisian origine and that it was a misinterpretation of Ottema to rank them as Germans. By the way it was the original idea of Ottema to rank the Gertmanna as Frisians, but he changed his view.  OLB states that the Gertmanna kept their Frisian customs.

It's because you mentioned the Zuidwesthoek, which is in the province of Groningen.

#3754    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostKnul, on 25 April 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

I am very sorry to read what happened to your brother and in fact to all of you. It must be difficult for you to understand why this happened. I can only wish you strength !
Very kind of you Knul, thank you.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#3755    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

The information on the Pamir Plateau is good. The amount of ice, snow and glaciers there would produce alot of water if they did melt. This was happening so it does seem logical that an area like that might be flooded, in valleys easy enough.
The Yellow River flood at 2200BC might also have been part of the flooding in the area.

The high mountains would have seemed like the touched God and I believe the same thoughts of this idea are everywhere. Gods on the mountains, you have Kailash and other sacred mountains all through the Himalaya, so it does seem this is where the Flood was and where these Magyar came from. Also, in China, Wu, is a form of Magy and I think the word is connected somehow, and it also shows signs of Christianity with a cross emblem.

All this ice melt might not have been quite so long ago imo. If drought was rampant c. 2200BC it would be hot, ice would melt, creating flooding in those areas, not as noticeable in dryer areas where drought and dryness dominated at the same time.

#3756    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Also, these people, once they left, I think, became tower builders, in their religion. Maybe that's what the Pyramid is, built by these priests who spread themselves everywhere, into everyone, in my own opinion. The tower of Babel, built by men who came to Shinar from the East, building it to reach God. The mountain can't get much higher, like Olympus, it's where the Gods live. The mountain falls, chaos, the sky meets the Earth and they unite, Atlas, to bear the weight of the Heavens so the couple don't repeat their primordial embrace.

An old map I saw, had Tuschenland on the other side of the Zuider Zee and beyond that is Groningen, maybe that's how Knul is seeing it.

If Tuschenland is Twiskland and you are keeping it local.

Edited by The Puzzler, 26 April 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#3757    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 26 April 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

It's because you mentioned the Zuidwesthoek, which is in the province of Groningen.

Zuidwesthoek s. http://nl.wikipedia....ki/Zuidwesthoek. in Friesland.

#3758    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 26 April 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

Also, these people, once they left, I think, became tower builders, in their religion. Maybe that's what the Pyramid is, built by these priests who spread themselves everywhere, into everyone, in my own opinion. The tower of Babel, built by men who came to Shinar from the East, building it to reach God. The mountain can't get much higher, like Olympus, it's where the Gods live. The mountain falls, chaos, the sky meets the Earth and they unite, Atlas, to bear the weight of the Heavens so the couple don't repeat their primordial embrace.

An old map I saw, had Tuschenland on the other side of the Zuider Zee and beyond that is Groningen, maybe that's how Knul is seeing it.

If Tuschenland is Twiskland and you are keeping it local.

I would be interested to see that map. Can you copy it to this thread ? Let me explain further± The Frisians and the Geertmanna lived side/a/side in the Punjab, their fleets fought side/a/side under Demetrius, they returned side/a/side to the Aldland and settled side/a/side in the present territory.If I remember well the Geertmanna went to school on Texel.

Edited by Knul, 26 April 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#3759    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostKnul, on 26 April 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I would be interested to see that map. Can you copy it to this thread ? Let me explain further± The Frisians and the Geertmanna lived side/a/side in the Punjab, their fleets fought side/a/side under Demetrius, they returned side/a/side to the Aldland and settled side/a/side in the present territory.If I remember well the Geertmanna went to school on Texel.
I'm not sure where I saw it but I actually thought it was your own website on one of those old maps you have on there. My computer crashed yesterday and I just got a new hard drive today, I have lost all my info and saved links or I'd probably have it on hand. Tussenland, or Tuschenland it was.

#3760    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

So far we haven´t bothered much about the writers of the OLB. I found that the writers Frethorik (Friedrich), Konrad (Konrad) and Liudger (Lotharius) took their names from the last three German emperors before 1256 (Hidde). By accident ?

Oldfrisian: Ende aldus soo ist riocht baeden toe habbane ende toe haldane alla cristena fulke toe holpe ende toe nedum. [2.] Dit was di aersta konyngh efter Cristus berte: Octauianus, Augustus, Julius, Titus, Vespasianus, Tiberius, Gaius, Claudius, Nero, Domitianus, Alexander, Decius, Germanus, Traianus, Antonius, Aurelius, Constantinus, Constantius, Constans, Pilatus, Iulianus, Valens, Theodosius, Archadius, Honorius, Gallianus, Valerianus, Seuerus, Lucinus, Datianus, Commodus, Valentinianus, Martianus, Theodoricus, Numerianus, Maximianus , Liudgerus, Conradus, Fredericus, Hinricus, Philippus, Otto, Fredericus. Disse koninghe n ieuwen alla lioeden kesta ende landtriocht ende aller landekum zijn riocht. Dy aersta koning was Puppin ende zijn soene di minra Kaerle. Hi was minra ende was dech bettra, hwant hi leet scriuwa trouwa ende wirde, dat sint kesta ende landriocht. Di Puppin het scryuwa der koningha iewa ende aller lioeda kesta ende aller lioeda sonderge landriocht.

Posted Image

Edited by Knul, 26 April 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#3761    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 26 April 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

I'm not sure where I saw it but I actually thought it was your own website on one of those old maps you have on there. My computer crashed yesterday and I just got a new hard drive today, I have lost all my info and saved links or I'd probably have it on hand. Tussenland, or Tuschenland it was.

Too bad !

#3762    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostKnul, on 26 April 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

Too bad !
Look on your website at some of the maps you have on there.

#3763    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostKnul, on 26 April 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

So far we haven´t bothered much about the writers of the OLB. I found that the writers Frethorik (Friedrich), Konrad (Konrad) and Liudger (Lotharius) took their names from the last three German emperors before 1256 (Hidde). By accident ?

Oldfrisian: Ende aldus soo ist riocht baeden toe habbane ende toe haldane alla cristena fulke toe holpe ende toe nedum. [2.] Dit was di aersta konyngh efter Cristus berte: Octauianus, Augustus, Julius, Titus, Vespasianus, Tiberius, Gaius, Claudius, Nero, Domitianus, Alexander, Decius, Germanus, Traianus, Antonius, Aurelius, Constantinus, Constantius, Constans, Pilatus, Iulianus, Valens, Theodosius, Archadius, Honorius, Gallianus, Valerianus, Seuerus, Lucinus, Datianus, Commodus, Valentinianus, Martianus, Theodoricus, Numerianus, Maximianus , Liudgerus, Conradus, Fredericus, Hinricus, Philippus, Otto, Fredericus. Disse koninghe n ieuwen alla lioeden kesta ende landtriocht ende aller landekum zijn riocht. Dy aersta koning was Puppin ende zijn soene di minra Kaerle. Hi was minra ende was dech bettra, hwant hi leet scriuwa trouwa ende wirde, dat sint kesta ende landriocht. Di Puppin het scryuwa der koningha iewa ende aller lioeda kesta ende aller lioeda sonderge landriocht.

Posted Image

Lothar III (III on Wiki, I note IV on your list above)
Conrad III
Henry Berengar
Frederick I

I see. Kinda unusual I agree.

However they are common names and repetitive as Dutch names are also, as were probably most names of Northern Europe inc Germany and Frisia. So that we have another Conrad and Frederick is not that odd imo, Lothar I guess could be Luidger, again, what seems a very common name.
Therefore I think it is unusual, but maybe not unexpected.
http://en.wikipedia....German_monarchs

Edited by The Puzzler, 26 April 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#3764    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 26 April 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Lothar III (III on Wiki, I note IV on your list above)
Conrad III
Henry Berengar
Frederick I

I see. Kinda unusual I agree.

However they are common names and repetitive as Dutch names are also, as were probably most names of Northern Europe inc Germany and Frisia. So that we have another Conrad and Frederick is not that odd imo, Lothar I guess could be Luidger, again, what seems a very common name.
Therefore I think it is unusual, but maybe not unexpected.
http://en.wikipedia....German_monarchs

A general problem with names in the OLB that they don't look much Frisian like the ones of Hidde and Liko. That's something we should worry about.

#3765    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostKnul, on 26 April 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

A general problem with names in the OLB that they don't look much Frisian like the ones of Hidde and Liko. That's something we should worry about.

Dutch
Etymology

Proto-Germanic *kōniz (“bold, brave”) + Proto-Germanic *rēda- (“counsel”).
Proper noun

Koenraad ? http://en.wiktionary.../Koenraad#Dutch

konered in the OLB

It does say this: My name is Konerêd (Koenraad). My father’s name was Frethorik, my mother’s name was Wiljow. After my father’s death I was chosen as his successor. When I was fifty years old I was chosen for chief Grevetman.
Chief Grevetman. Could be a Frisian name for a monarch.?

Conrad III's father was Frederick. His mothers name is not Wiljow though.
In 1089, Frederick married Agnes of Germany, daughter of Henry IV, Holy Roman Emperor. They had several sons and daughters, amongst whom were: http://en.wikipedia...._Duke_of_Swabia

There is many Konrads:

Conrad I (died August 20, 997) was Duke of Swabia from 983 until 997. His appointment as duke marked the return of Conradine rule over Swabia for the first time since 948.
When Duke Otto I unexpectedly died during the Imperial campaign in Italy of 981-982, he left no heirs. To fill the vacancy, Emperor Otto II appointed Conrad as Duke of Swabia. Conrad is notable for being the first Swabian duke to keep the title in the family; after his death in 997 he was succeeded by his son Hermann II.
There is considerable confusion about Conrad's family. The identities of his parents are not known for sure. This same situation exists for his wife, who is unlikely to have been a daughter of Liudolf, Duke of Swabia, the son of Emperor Otto I. He had at least six children, including his successor, Hermann II.
http://en.wikipedia...._Duke_of_Swabia

Edited by The Puzzler, 26 April 2013 - 01:20 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users