Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[New] Formal debates

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    MySummerJob

MySummerJob

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

Lol, I was looking at a topic today... Saw the debate button... and I just said "Wow!"

What made you think of the button Saru? (Tis good, not bad)

Posted Image

#17    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:38 PM

Its an offshoot from our old debates system from a couple of years ago, we've had a few people recently interested in 1 on 1 debates so it came from that really. Having a 'Debate' button was a quick and simple way to give members access to the system without having to have a debate organiser setting up every debate manually.

Oh, and it's your turn to post an introduction. wink2.gif

#18    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

Its an offshoot from our old debates system from a couple of years ago, we've had a few people recently interested in 1 on 1 debates so it came from that really. Having a 'Debate' button was a quick and simple way to give members access to the system without having to have a debate organiser setting up every debate manually.

#19    el midgetron

el midgetron

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

• saturnalian brother

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

I think it would be useful if there was some way to label the posts position in the debate. For instance, the introductions would show up with "(member name) introduction" marking the post. Or the body posts could be noted as "(member name) body post 1 of 4" (maybe repeating the member names is redundent since its already displayed next to their post). However, I think it would be cool to have the posts postion in the debate displayed somewhere like the header along with the date and time of the post. Dunno, just an idea.

Posted Image

"Feels good to be breaking the laws in America again" - Kenny Powers

#20    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:41 AM

Members are encouraged to write 'Introduction' etc. above their responses however there's no facility to do this automatically unfortunately.

Usually as long as the introduction and conclusion are clear then labelling the other posts shouldn't matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users