Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Naturalists hunt for Tasmanian Tiger evidence

thylacine

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 03 November 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

that is the case.
The case is, also, that the government has a habit of ignoring it - given that they've just allowed some excavation of the GREAT BARRIER REEF so coal ships can move through it, that's all you need to know about the parade of shitwits that are in power ATM.

Worth pointing out that with all our bleating about protecting whales, we still keep Dolphins in captivity, when New Zealand outlawed it.

WSPA’s New Zealand Country Manager, Bridget Vercoe, says this is fantastic news for dolphins both here and overseas. Many countries around the world already have legislation prohibiting the taking, holding, importing and exporting of dolphins. Adding New Zealand’s name to this growing list will help strengthen public and government opposition worldwide to this cruel practice.

LINK

The bloody Kiwis did it first, that's not right.

I reckon you are on the money, we would more likely see a "chase the tiger" reality show or some such rubbish.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#47    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostHarte, on 15 November 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

We should capture and breed them for racing.

It's obvious that one of those things would give a greyhound a run for its money, what with the racing stripes and all.

Harte

And Kangaroo legs.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#48    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

View PostSundew, on 03 November 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

But assuming it did survive in the wild past the 1930s, there is another potential threat that may have finished it off: Tasmanian Devils have been plagued with a contagious cancer that spreads from animal to animal during fights or scavenging on carcasses and it is decimating the population, causing huge facial tumors. If Thylacine also scavenge the same carcasses, then it possible the disease might have spread to them as well, assuming it can infect multiple species.

I am of the belief that it defiantly lived past the extinction date, but for how long would be anyone guess. David Fleay, Wildlife conservations trapped one as late as the mid 50's but it escaped the trap leaving only fur and paw marks, which he could readily identify as Thylacine.

Here are some excellent informative links:

This one very much fact orientated

Link 1

And this one, which also retells myths and legends.

Link 2

View PostDragonwind, on 06 November 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

The super 8 footage on youtube taken in the 70's with an alleged thylacine loping across a road looks pretty good...not sure if thats ever been debunked??

If it is the Queensland footage, then yes, I believe so.

#49    oldrover

oldrover

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

The poop tests are a long shot... Can someone update if the results are released?

Devil scat, it was confirmed.

#50    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

There are also reports of a remnant population in Papua-New Guinea, which seems like a real possibility.

#51    oldrover

oldrover

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

Not to me frankly.

Edited by oldrover, 26 May 2014 - 09:28 PM.

#52    Warrior1256

Warrior1256

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• You may beat me, you may mistreat me, but you will never defeat me.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

View Postbassai26, on 03 November 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

i hope they are not really extinct.

Same here, it would be nice if some were discovered.

Also tagged with thylacine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users