Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New talking head could replace emoticons

emoticons talking head zoe lister

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,330 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

A Hollyoaks actress has been digitally recreated as part of a groundbreaking virtual head that could replace the text emoticons we use today.

Researchers say the interactive computer face, based on 31-year-old soap actress Zoe Lister, can display six emotions including happiness, anger, and fear.

The lifelike figure, which generates voice and facial expressions from typed text, can combine these basic emotions to create hundreds of others.

http://www.dailymail...NG-actress.html

Posted Image

#2    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,847 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

NO WAY! I have enough of a female face grimacing at me and expecting me to guess what she means, in real life, thank you very much! *Gathers up his precious brood of 'Smileys' and comforts them*

Posted ImagePosted Image

There there...

Edited by ealdwita, 19 March 2013 - 04:08 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#3    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

TV star: Zoe Lister, 31, plays the role of Zoe Carpenter in the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks

Erm... She left Hollyoaks 3 years ago... lol Well done Daily Fail.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users