Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ranking Americas Worries

DieChecker

I thought this very interesting. If this proves true of the entire US population, then the Democrats are going to suck in November, because the highest worrys are those the Republicans profess to fight for in their Platform, and those at the bottom are the Democrat Platform.... generally...

djxc9fa960igh03ny5-f_w.png

http://www.gallup.com/poll/167843/climate-change-not-top-worry.aspx

Some people on UM are really upset about racism, climate change and the environment. And while these are important, people apparently care about other issues more, like if someone is going to break into their home to kill them, or if they have a job.

• Like 2

Does concern about the availability and affordability of healthcare mean that that 57% is incandescent with fury about Obamacare, or are they worried about not being able to access or afford healthcare? According to what you might think from what you see here, that would seem to be the number one source of fury, and that everyone loathes Obamacare. Also interesting that, despite what the people in Washington want people to believe, the fear of Terrorism has dropped down to midway down the list.

I know that 'polling' is a 'science' and that the vast majority of people trust and believe the results... but not me, for several reasons...

- the polls are often not given in every portion of the country, and the US (like most countries) has widely differing opinions, based on where you are

- a large number of people in this country (and I'm one of them) refuse to take part in surveys and polls, and when forced to, some of them purposefully give 'wrong' responses...

- Pollsters can sometimes set up the questions in a way to get the results they want... The same can be said for wher they ask the questions... A 'conservative' pollster would most

likely set up the survey in a known "Red' area (like here in Oklahoma), while a conservative would do so in a "Blue" area, like Southern California, New York City, Denver, etc...

I'm not contesting the results of this poll... I'm just stating why I do not trust them...

• Like 2

I know that 'polling' is a 'science' and that the vast majority of people trust and believe the results... but not me, for several reasons...

- the polls are often not given in every portion of the country, and the US (like most countries) has widely differing opinions, based on where you are

- a large number of people in this country (and I'm one of them) refuse to take part in surveys and polls, and when forced to, some of them purposefully give 'wrong' responses...

- Pollsters can sometimes set up the questions in a way to get the results they want... The same can be said for wher they ask the questions... A 'conservative' pollster would most

likely set up the survey in a known "Red' area (like here in Oklahoma), while a conservative would do so in a "Blue" area, like Southern California, New York City, Denver, etc...

I'm not contesting the results of this poll... I'm just stating why I do not trust them...

Agreed. I remember after the first and only tea party event I went to, while it was still grass roots, after I was getting all kinds of conservative GOP crap in the mail. One was a survey where the first question was about military spending. It was asking in a way that would make some feel like they were doing a bad thing by cutting spending. So in big letters I just wrote across the page, I DONT TRUST REPUBLICANS EITHER. STOP SENDING ME YOUR WAR PROPAGANDA. I didnt hear from them again.

• Like 2

I thought this very interesting. If this proves true of the entire US population, then the Democrats are going to suck in November, because the highest worrys are those the Republicans profess to fight for in their Platform, and those at the bottom are the Democrat Platform.... generally...

http://www.gallup.co...-top-worry.aspx

Some people on UM are really upset about racism, climate change and the environment. And while these are important, people apparently care about other issues more, like if someone is going to break into their home to kill them, or if they have a job.

The third point seems funny... and explains why all coming out against Obamacare so far have lost the elections.

http://www.gallup.co...-top-worry.aspx

And social security is a bigger worry according to the list, but no mention of public social services like welfare and disability. If the US government ran out of cash to keep these programs intact, we would have a crisis there.

Sure, we have concerns of high importance threaten our country and way of life. We as a people elected politicians who vowed to solve these problems, but they aren't going away and some might have gotten worse. It's up to us then to develop problem-solving skills to ensure the survival of our country.

The third point seems funny... and explains why all coming out against Obamacare so far have lost the elections.

Uh, did you miss that little special election in Florida this week? You know, the one that both parties agreed was a mandate on Obamacare and was considered a "must win" by many Democrat strategists?

I would rank all those items at probably the same level if I were given the poll. I wouldn't necessarily vote republican though, they have proven themselves to be as equally inept as the democrats at solving those problems.

• Like 4

Same thoughts as your thoughts. When they do these polls like this, I see nothing but all political propaganda to me.

• Like 1

Uh, did you miss that little special election in Florida this week? You know, the one that both parties agreed was a mandate on Obamacare and was considered a "must win" by many Democrat strategists?

Not really the theme there:

(snip)

he narrowly defeated Sink by 3400 votes, 48.4%-46.5%, in a district contained entirely within Pinellas County. While Sink displayed an early advantage with early and mail-in vote tallies, Jolly rebounded with a strong Election Day turnout among GOP voters.

(snip)

Not really the theme there:

Yes it was. See my thread in US Politics with non-FoxNews sources.

I know your guys are trying to spin it differently now that they lost, but the truth is the truth. And then there's the little factoid that the district went for Obama in both 2008 and 2012.

• Like 1

The third point (about health care) could have been written in such a way that an opponent of 'Obamacare" would answer the same way a proponent of it would...

Such as: "Do you feel that the availability and affordabiltiy of health care is an issue?"

thought process of a supporter of 'Obamacare': "Yes, we need to regulate it and spread the cost and 'Obamacare' will do that"

thought process of an opponent: "Yes I am worried that 'Obamacare' will bankrupt the country, and the costs will be passed on to the taxpayer... i.e. me..."

Both sides would then indicate that "health care" is a major worry...

Slanted questions will always invalidate the poll...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

Yes it was. See my thread in US Politics with non-FoxNews sources.

I know your guys are trying to spin it differently now that they lost, but the truth is the truth. And then there's the little factoid that the district went for Obama in both 2008 and 2012.

My guys don't spin it anyway because "my guys" did not run.

The fact is plain, if a representative is only capable of winning by the slightest majority running on a single theme (Obamacare) in a district where most people get Medicare because they are retired it demonstrates exactly what I said: If you are against Obamacare (as a rule) you loose.

Yeah I don't see that as a Republican avalanche win.

It is good to see things about economy and unemployment ranking high...but these are the things the effect every single person...Repub, Dem, unaffiliated...

It is...to the average person like me...irrelevant which party takes control...they are two wings of the same bird of prey and we are the prey.

The Dems seem to focus on social issues and the Repubs focus on economic issues....the Dems focus on "equality" by taking from middle class and redistributing it to the poor...and the Repubs focus on economy by taking from the middle class and giving it to the rich...

Hmm...I see a commonality here...both parties apparently hate the middle class cause they are hell bent on destroying it.

The best answer for you election ballot...regardless of your personal political affiliation is..."No incumbents"...preferably none of the two big parties either but the best hope is to remove all the "career" politicians...and never again allow some schmuck to sit in office till he becomes a piece of furniture. "Term limits" could be implemented by the people if they used their head and stopped voting the same criminals in office election after election.

For me...the biggest concern isn't really on the list...the attack on our Constitution and our rights and liberties...well I guess that could go hand in hand with #4 ...the size and power of the fed GOV...but too vague...

Stop spying on us.

Stop trying to take our guns.

Stop trying to tell me what I can put in or take out of my body.

Stop telling me what I can and cannot say (politically correct needs to die a quick death and go away)

Stop taking my money and giving it to people in foreign lands that hate me and have never met me.

That's a start...

• Like 2

The third point (about health care) could have been written in such a way that an opponent of 'Obamacare" would answer the same way a proponent of it would...

Such as: "Do you feel that the availability and affordabiltiy of health care is an issue?"

thought process of a supporter of 'Obamacare': "Yes, we need to regulate it and spread the cost and 'Obamacare' will do that"

thought process of an opponent: "Yes I am worried that 'Obamacare' will bankrupt the country, and the costs will be passed on to the taxpayer... i.e. me..."

Both sides would then indicate that "health care" is a major worry...

Slanted questions will always invalidate the poll...

Exactly, that question could easily be taken as meaning do you think that Obamacare is a worry, or do you consider healthcare costs a worry and so do you welcome Obamacare?

• Like 1