Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Next Batman Movie Villain

jobot37

I feel like this theory is pretty solid, I noticed something when I went to go see The Dark Knight for the second time tonight. Nolan has already told us who the next villain will be, you just have to look for it. In the bank robbery scene in the beginning of the movie, look closely at the name plate on the desk of the bank manager with the shotgun....it says.....

Edward Nigma.

It's the Riddler, b****es.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

I joygasmed when I saw that

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cadetak

• Croc

• Wookietim

• norwood1026

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel like this theory is pretty solid, I noticed something when I went to go see The Dark Knight for the second time tonight. Nolan has already told us who the next villain will be, you just have to look for it. In the bank robbery scene in the beginning of the movie, look closely at the name plate on the desk of the bank manager with the shotgun....it says.....

Edward Nigma.

Well that sucks that means that the next movie is going to be campy... :sleepy:

Hrm i never noticed that, but didnt Nigma work for Wayne? I could be wrong but Mr.Fox said his suit would protect against cats???? possible hint as to the next bad guy/girl?....

I still say Harley Quinn. I believe in the paddy wagon chase scene her costume is visible in a shop window?

I'm probably going to see it today or this weekend again... Where abouts is it on his desk?

Edited quote for space:

Edward Nigma.

It could be that the film makers were paying homage to some of the known characters in the world of Batman.

Plus,you forgot...that bank manager had something shoved into his mouth that exploded.Sure,some may say that he managed to escape the blast somehow...but I seriously doubt it,due to the fact that he was having trouble moving since he had been shot.So,it would have to be a different person to play that character.

I've heard his mum and sister have been offered roles as new super villians.

Riddle me, this riddle me that...lend us £100,000?

Edward Nigma.

Obviously you missed what happened after he tried to stop his bank from being robbed.... Can't be the next villain cause he's dead.

===

The next movie should feature Harley Quinn seeking revenge for the incarceration of the Joker who they should also bring back (Johnny Depp this time).

They could put in a 3rd villain and if they do I nominate Bane. The only villain to destroy Batman psychologically and physically, he could be responsible for breaking the Joker out of jail.

there were several 'characters' that i noticed in this movie, that could be the next villian.

1. Joker isn't dead

2. Harley Quinn

3. That guy who uses the dummy (ventriloquist) I spotted him

4. E. Nigma

5. Poison Ivy

Some of these characters wern't 'named' but I saw the hints towards them.

I'd have to see it again to tell you exactly where I saw each of these, but I remember noticing them during the movie.

Plus,you forgot...that bank manager had something shoved into his mouth that exploded.

It was just a smoke bomb - it didn't explode, it just smoked a lot.

And then he started to choke to death...

And then he started to choke to death...

It looked more like a sigh of relief, not choking.

Edited by __Kratos__

It looked more like a sigh of relief, not choking.

That's what I thought, too, and, given the laughing that came from the audience when it happened, most of the audience thought the same thing.

I do not want the Ridder to be the next villian. He was stupid & no where near as cool or evil as the Joker or Bane.

The two latest Batman movies have been the best unless they can put a twist on the Ridder that makes me as twisted as the Joker the next movie is going to bomb.

It has been said by cast and crew that when asked on if Heath Ledger's death will affect the third Batman movie, they have responded "I'm not sure if we need Joker in the next one because we'll have the Riddler." I think a lot of people missed out on Mister Reese- the character who was going to reveal Batman's secret identity before the Joker put a bounty on his life. Now, say Mister Reese really fast. Mysteries? It's possible that Nolan will just make him the Riddler even though his name isn't Nigma since he is reimagining the series. However, Edward Nigma himself changes his name a lot, and Edward Nigma's name itself is a riddle (E. Nigma = enigma).

I'd be more inclined to believe the bank manager's name is just a homage to the Riddler. It's possible, though, that the bank manager is actually Edward Nigma and will return to play the Riddler. The Riddler himself is actually just a high-time criminal who eludes capture and leaves a calling card of his own, like the Joker, only with riddles. He might not be as dramatic and climactic as a villain as Joker, but that's true for all of Batman's nemeses.

My only regret is that Heath died and therefore cannot make a return role for the Joker. He did such an awesome job, that I'm not sure if any comic-book villain will ever top it. I know that there is some footage of Heath's Joker that was unused in The Dark Knight, so it's possible that footage will be used in the third movie, but more-than-likely, the role will be recast to someone else. I just hope that should the role be recast, the actor doesn't create a new act, since the Joker for this new series of Batman movies is already established.

Anyways, we still have Scarecrow, Joker still has plenty of history left to fill since Batman fights him for the rest of his life, but the Riddler is a very likely villains for the next movie. Nolan has said he doesn't like the Penguin because he's too silly of a character, and I think the "it'll do fine against cats" was just a homage to Catwoman, and not hinting that she'll be the next villain. Two-face is gone (he was only in one issue of the original comics, anyways), and Ra's al Ghul still has a daughter somewhere. There's plenty of other possible villains to choose from, and Batman has a lot of nemeses he fights over his lifetime.

As for Two-face, people seem to believe he's still alive. He didn't last long in the comics, he was just a memorable character. And at the end of The Dark Knight, they had a memorial service for him, suggesting he's dead. I doubt they would do that if he was still alive, since he's still recognisable as Harvey, and the city being as corrupt as it is, you can only keep a secret for so long. If he was still alive, people would know, and then people would know Batman didn't murder those people. So the whole point to Dark Knight's ending would be void- Nolan wouldn't do that. Thus, Two-face is dead.

Edited by Roughneck

Scarecrow ... good call Roughneck :tu:

Scarecrow ... good call Roughneck :tu:

I'm not sure about that, though. I mean, there's only so much more you can do with him before people get bored. His main purpose was already used up in Batman Begins, and what little was left was used up in The Dark Knight. If he were to return, it would probably be part of an ensemble of villains.

I thought it would be the jokers mexican cousin, Yoker

Yoker? That doesn't even sound Mexican...

the next villain should be the tax system

In the bank robbery scene in the beginning of the movie, look closely at the name plate on the desk of the bank manager with the shotgun....it says.....

Edward Nigma.

I just watched the first 6 minutes of the Dark Knight that was included as an extra on the Batman Begins Bluray (which is the entire bank robbery scene), and I can categorically state, after watchinng the scene 5 times, and going frame by frame in every spot where the manager appears , that there is NO nameplate on the bank manager's desk.

The closest I saw to ENIGMA was the fact that the manager's office had a glass wall around it that has GNB - for Gotham National Bank.

Where did you see the nameplate?

Oops.You can blame that mistake of mine on my being sick for 4 days. :(

It happens,I do make mistakes on occassion.

Still,I highly doubt that the manager would become the Riddler.He just wasn't the type.

But,I wonder....did that green gas coming from the grenade end up killing him? We shall see...eventually.

maybe the grenade that smoked was the jokers laughing gas?

still,the bank dude is done with

i say the riddler,or bane.

batman hasn't really been beat up baaaaad yet,and bane would be the one to do it

he's been hurt in the head with scarecrows hallucinigen and had his morals put to the test in the dark knight,i think in the next one they'll make him get beat up real bad by bane and alfred would have to use his skills to patch him up

There are no plans set in motion for a sequel as of yet...the movie just came out, their all on vacation. Nolan himself said that he makes one movie at a time. Any rumours at his point are just that...rumors.

Although The Riddler seems one of the more likely villians to show up in the sequel. The rest of Batman's villians cannot be translated to Nolan's universe(Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface) or Nolan has stated that he didn't like them(Penguin, Catwoman). The only other villian other then Riddler is Bane.

It has been said by cast and crew that when asked on if Heath Ledger's death will affect the third Batman movie, they have responded "I'm not sure if we need Joker in the next one because we'll have the Riddler." I think a lot of people missed out on Mister Reese- the character who was going to reveal Batman's secret identity before the Joker put a bounty on his life. Now, say Mister Reese really fast. Mysteries? It's possible that Nolan will just make him the Riddler even though his name isn't Nigma since he is reimagining the series. However, Edward Nigma himself changes his name a lot, and Edward Nigma's name itself is a riddle (E. Nigma = enigma).

I'd be more inclined to believe the bank manager's name is just a homage to the Riddler. It's possible, though, that the bank manager is actually Edward Nigma and will return to play the Riddler. The Riddler himself is actually just a high-time criminal who eludes capture and leaves a calling card of his own, like the Joker, only with riddles. He might not be as dramatic and climactic as a villain as Joker, but that's true for all of Batman's nemeses.

My only regret is that Heath died and therefore cannot make a return role for the Joker. He did such an awesome job, that I'm not sure if any comic-book villain will ever top it. I know that there is some footage of Heath's Joker that was unused in The Dark Knight, so it's possible that footage will be used in the third movie, but more-than-likely, the role will be recast to someone else. I just hope that should the role be recast, the actor doesn't create a new act, since the Joker for this new series of Batman movies is already established.

Anyways, we still have Scarecrow, Joker still has plenty of history left to fill since Batman fights him for the rest of his life, but the Riddler is a very likely villains for the next movie. Nolan has said he doesn't like the Penguin because he's too silly of a character, and I think the "it'll do fine against cats" was just a homage to Catwoman, and not hinting that she'll be the next villain. Two-face is gone (he was only in one issue of the original comics, anyways), and Ra's al Ghul still has a daughter somewhere. There's plenty of other possible villains to choose from, and Batman has a lot of nemeses he fights over his lifetime.

As for Two-face, people seem to believe he's still alive. He didn't last long in the comics, he was just a memorable character. And at the end of The Dark Knight, they had a memorial service for him, suggesting he's dead. I doubt they would do that if he was still alive, since he's still recognisable as Harvey, and the city being as corrupt as it is, you can only keep a secret for so long. If he was still alive, people would know, and then people would know Batman didn't murder those people. So the whole point to Dark Knight's ending would be void- Nolan wouldn't do that. Thus, Two-face is dead.

My current theory about Harvey Dent is that the funeral was used as a distraction, it was a funeral for the hero of Gotham, not for the physical body of Harvey Dent. I think the funeral was used to try to keep Gotham's spirit from finally ebing completely broken, if they knew their hero had turned against them, there wouldn't be anything left to hope for.

I don't think that Nolan will ever try to replace Heath, if anything from now on the Joker will only be a voice on the other end of a phone.

As far as my evidence of a nameplate, I've been trying to find the site again, I saw a still at a friends house, although there is mention of him in Dark Knight when Lucious mentions bringing a certain Mr. Reese (an alias of the riddler) into the "R&D" department, I don't remember the exact line.

This si still only my current working theory, also I think there was a point at which you saw a Harley Quinn costume hanging up in a shop window, but for now my money is on the Riddler because of the nameplate ( which I'm quite sorry I haven't found again yet, I've been looking, trust me) or the Mr. Reeese name dropping.

Ra's Al Gul could come back as well, because as we all know, if you don't see a body, they aren't necessarily dead.

If some of this seems jumbled, I apologize, I am inebriated.

I don't think that Nolan will ever try to replace Heath, if anything from now on the Joker will only be a voice on the other end of a phone.

No one thought anyone could do it as well as Jack and yet here we are.

There is only IMO one other actor who I would like to see continue the role of the Joker and that is Johnny Depp. I think he could flawlessly pull it off.

Catwoman and Penguin won't be done obviously cause they have been done already and I thought pretty well in Batman Returns.

===

Fans mostly are screaming for one of 2 villains Riddler and Harley Quinn... I'm not sure if Bane would be done in Nolan's universe because he's super powered (juiced on venom), Just from the way the other 2 movies went I can tell already that using a super powered villain would throw off the other 2 movies.

There are no plans set in motion for a sequel as of yet...the movie just came out, their all on vacation. Nolan himself said that he makes one movie at a time. Any rumours at his point are just that...rumors.

And Nolan is finished making this movie...

Quite a bit of the cast and crew have already stated they wanted to do a new Batman movie and there is no doubt with all the loose ends left in the Dark Knight and with all the money it's made that this movie won't be the last.