Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Silent Hill News and Info Topic

BurnSide

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php...mplate=newsfull

Bloody-Disgusting reports that the film based on the popular and absolutely terrifying videogame franchise 'Silent Hill' directed by Christophe Gans, will be shot in a derelict-looking part of southern Ontario, Canada.

I live in southern Ontario! haha.

The city, Brantford, will be transformed into Silent Hill for the shooting and making of the movie, due it it's derelict-like appearance and quite backstreets.

The movie will be called 'Silent Hill: Centralia' it seems.

Centralia’s storyline is a “hodge podge” of the plots from Silent Hill I and II. It centres on a woman who, desperate to save her dying child, takes the girl to a faith healer in the town of Silent Hill. There, the mother “finds herself trapped in an alternate reality as she searches for her daughter in a dangerous world of demons.”

post-6764-1109364335.jpg

Edited by BurnSide

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• seeking

• Tillghast

• Shakezulah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The city,  Brantford, will be transformed into Silent Hill for the shooting and making of the movie, due it it's derelict-like appearance and quite backstreets.

laugh.gif hahaha! At least they didn't pic my neighbourhood!

Oh man i wish they picked mine! I'd LOVE to see Silent Hill being filmed!!!

Kanomi is directing it!

I think one of the things that makes silent hill great is the isolation though, and it;ll be hard to show that in a movie.

Not South of Ontario? Okay, South-East. original.gif

Edited by BurnSide

I wouldn't. You look outside your window to see a camera cart chaseing a pyramid headed freak, lol.

o thats so friggin awsome. BS, you could drive over there and secretly be in the movie tongue.gif

hahaha. Yeah, because in a movie about a town complete devoid of human life, they wont notice some jackass stepping into the frame and shouting 'hi ma!'

all you have to do is run across the camera naked, from afar laugh.gif and then maybe they will put it in the dvd special features laugh.gif

haha. Turn up dressed like James.

'Mary, could you really be in this town?'

lol. You can imagine walking around the set, picking up random objects and claiming they'll be useful to you later in your quest.

One of the roadies will be tuneing his portable televison, and you'll grab it, point at the static screen and say 'Monsters be near, says I!'

The makers of this movie have a chance to do something quite incredible here. They have a chance to reinvent horror, to create the greatest horror movie ever, to win oscars and change peoples lives, to make millions. Silent hill gives them the line and capacity to do all that. But something tells me they'll finish out like the resident evil movie. Something genius turns to an exaggerated gun-ho horror flick that only just scares 8 year olds.

Dude, It's Silent Hill! Of all Movies, this one was jinxed to begin with! tongue.gif

Exactly, Walken.

I hope to see Silent Hill, not a terrible Hollywood film with action, explosions and sex. I'll be extremely dissapointed.

In Resident Evil 2 was the most dissapointing film so far this mellenium. It is so cliched and absurd. They should've had normal people in abnormal situtations, but instead we get a super heroein who can fly, and is super strong and fast and has psychic powers fighting an invinceible monster on a roof top.

Kanomi better not let hollywood win this one!

man RE: A was an awsome movie. sure it was cheesy but it was pure entertainment. it was a fun movie to watch, and its great to watch when youre in an action-ish type of mood. o yeah, and she couldnt fly in the movie, i dont know why you thought she could.

SH will not be like that. and if it is, then i will hate it. SH and RE have 2 completly different type of atmospheres, so it would be a lot harder to make SH movie like RE and still call it Silent Hill. all i know is that if SH turns out anything like RE, i will be p***ED!

But where in that movie did it come into it that she could use psychic powers? That was just stupid.

That movie was one of my favourites so far this year until the last half an hour, then it was like; 'Well now you've blown it.' The minute she started running down the sides of buildings I was angry.

Walken, it fits with the videogames. In Code: Veronica the virus created is called the T-Veronica Virus, and it enables a woman who infected herself to use her mind to create things out of matter and basically have psychic powers. SO it's not the movies fault, it actually stayed really close to the videogames for that specific reason, as well as her super abilities are exactly like the ones Wesker has, also in Code Veronica. So it's the games you should have beef with, not the movie.

And anyone can run down the side of a building. It's called rappelling. She did have a rope, she didn't just run down.

Well I didn't like it, lol.

I thought that they could just have a normal person in an abnormal situation and that'd make the movie. They didn't have to go other the top with action and sex appeal.

If I made the movie I'd make it more like Dawn of The dead and less like Rambo.

But that's not what Resident Evil is.

Resident Evil IS over the top action, it is about super human powers and it is about asskicking and looking good while doing it. It's about evil corportations and crazy viral weaponry.

The zombies are only a side effect from that.

So if you don't like all that stuff, which is what RE is, why would you watch RE, and expect to like it? tongue.gif