Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lie detector confirms Roswell testimonies

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,594 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#92    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,471 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 18 January 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Oh now, you are  just making me laugh. LOL. Nice going. Thank you for that.

Ok, sure, governments (all over the world) "lie" to the people, but, that is in no way evidence of ET visiting and crashing on Earth.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#93    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,356 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 18 January 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Oh no, it is totally up to you. You can believe mainstream media, and then alter your impressions from the state lies they issue forth once they retract some of their lies. LOL!!

Truth has chime to it, if you are aware enough to listen to it. They say that one in ten people immediately KNOWS a lie the instant that it is told. Are you one of those people? Honey, it requires you do some thinking and assessing on your own, while most of the general population has a life-threatening allergy to thinking on their own. Are you one of these people?
I am letting you all know that i have not figured out Roswell for myself. I sit on the fence on this issue. But there are faulty impressions coming from lie detectors. fMRIs are the way to go if you need to map the truth scientifically.

I do not read nor listen to much mainstream media.  You are just batting zero on your assumptions.  Also, I got the idea that you believe many fringe liars on the net because I have seen you post to them.  It does not take much assessment or thinking to spot their lies and wonder if their reasoning is sound, why do they lie.  Allergies are one of the downsides to having good public health and sanitation.  We know this because people who have any type of life-long combat with infections almost never have allergies.  IgE the antibody involved in most common allergies, including ones that lead to anaphylaxis, are parasite specific antibodies.  People in developed countries will most likely never have a parasitic infection in their lives. Hopefully in the future this is something we can overcome and is studied extensively.  I was just letting you know that it doesn't bode well for your ability to spot liars when you fall for so many internet fringe liars.

Edited by FurthurBB, 18 January 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#94    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,356 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostJGirl, on 18 January 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

lie detectors only tell if you are nervous or being evasive.
if you believe something happened, or if you were able to control your nervousness (and lots of people can beat a lie detector test simply by not feeling remorse or guilt) then it wouldn't come off as a lie, and this is why they are not used in court.

Not to mention certain drugs (both legal and not) can increase your changes of failing and others of passing.  Pregnant women almost always give inconclusive results because their hormone levels are variable at any given time.  Certain diseases can cause tremors or muscle twitching which makes it hard to get a baseline reading.  Not to mention guilt doesn't always equal lying.  Think of all the missing child cases where a parent or grandparent failed their polygraph and it turned out to be someone else.  There is a lot of guilt involved in a missing child case, no matter how it happened.  Sometimes even by remote parties who think, "I should have had that child over for a play date, then it wouldn't have happened." or "why didn't I hear something?" or even "why couldn't I have been driving past that area, maybe I could have stopped it."

#95    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostDBunker, on 18 January 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

Ok, sure, governments (all over the world) "lie" to the people, but, that is in no way evidence of ET visiting and crashing on Earth.

I suppose the entire amateur astronomical contingent on earth has also been bought off, and keep all this traffic a secret :rolleyes:

Good grief, DB, is it not amazing how people know yet they are incapable of making sense? One would think a few tips from an advanced species about common sense might go a long way here.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#96    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 7,435 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 18 January 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Not to mention certain drugs (both legal and not) can increase your changes of failing and others of passing.  Pregnant women almost always give inconclusive results because their hormone levels are variable at any given time.  Certain diseases can cause tremors or muscle twitching which makes it hard to get a baseline reading.  Not to mention guilt doesn't always equal lying.  Think of all the missing child cases where a parent or grandparent failed their polygraph and it turned out to be someone else.  There is a lot of guilt involved in a missing child case, no matter how it happened.  Sometimes even by remote parties who think, "I should have had that child over for a play date, then it wouldn't have happened." or "why didn't I hear something?" or even "why couldn't I have been driving past that area, maybe I could have stopped it."
too true

Posted Image

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Winston Churchill

#97    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 3,476 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostFurthurBB, on 18 January 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Not to mention certain drugs (both legal and not) can increase your changes of failing and others of passing.
The easiest trick is to raise your mental stress level during the baseline test. Think of every lie you've ever told (including the lies you're about to tell). Bite your tongue. Imagine all the consequences of getting caught lying. Get that heart rate up, sweat like a pig, and breathe like you're having a heart attack.

Then when the actual test starts, relax and lie your ass off.

Nowadays they usually mix baseline questions with real questions so be prepared to freak and bite your tongue whenever they ask you an easy question.

#98    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,429 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!
    It is not my intent to make anyone feel bad because of what I am writing.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostLilly, on 18 January 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Just to clear up the issue of lying; both males and females lie with similar frequency. However, the type of lies and the motive behind the lying does appear to differ by gender. see link here

Nice one.

Just learned something like this the other day, added to and assimilated into everything else I have learned about this  issue.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#99    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,429 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!
    It is not my intent to make anyone feel bad because of what I am writing.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

View PostFurthurBB, on 18 January 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

I do not read nor listen to much mainstream media.  You are just batting zero on your assumptions.  Also, I got the idea that you believe many fringe liars on the net because I have seen you post to them.  It does not take much assessment or thinking to spot their lies and wonder if their reasoning is sound, why do they lie.  Allergies are one of the downsides to having good public health and sanitation.  We know this because people who have any type of life-long combat with infections almost never have allergies.  IgE the antibody involved in most common allergies, including ones that lead to anaphylaxis, are parasite specific antibodies.  People in developed countries will most likely never have a parasitic infection in their lives. Hopefully in the future this is something we can overcome and is studied extensively.  I was just letting you know that it doesn't bode well for your ability to spot liars when you fall for so many internet fringe liars.

I am sure my position on truth and lies certainly challenges some of your positions.

I maintain that no fact can be presented on this media. Only reports and opinions can be presented here. Just because one finds a webpage or file on the internet, that does not make it a fact. But it IS indeed a report.

You have three predominant tools:
Facts - things you hold in your hand, papers or items you actually see in their original form,
Reports - places that try and report issues, whether or not they actually see the item in it's original form.
Opinions -and many times, opinions are presented as fact or reports, but really they are merely opinions.

And FurtherBB, I thought I had you on ignore. How did it change?
I don't bat at all, dear. Too old for games.

Edited by regeneratia, 30 January 2012 - 12:39 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#100    Rolci

Rolci

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Listen to what this guy here on at 56:01 says in the next part of the video, in at 1:30:28 about Roswell. Then make up your mind.

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#101    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

I think the Roswell incident has been absolutely flogged to death to be honest,if you truly believe that what you saw was Alien then i think you would pass any lie detector test.Wether it was an Alien craft or not we will never know or be able to prove because there is no new evidence or information to be had from Roswell just the same old stuff over and over again.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#102    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,206 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 16 February 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

I think the Roswell incident has been absolutely flogged to death to be honest,if you truly believe that what you saw was Alien then i think you would pass any lie detector test.Wether it was an Alien craft or not we will never know or be able to prove because there is no new evidence or information to be had from Roswell just the same old stuff over and over again.
I totally agree ! No News is  ? Well No News !
Roswell is a myth,Its all about the Whos on first ,He`s on Second. She`s on third, ANd E.T`s no where to be seen ! :wacko:

This is a Work in Progress!

#103    Occams Razor

Occams Razor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

• Of two or more competing theories the simplest explanation is most likely to be the right one.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostSynergy, on 19 December 2011 - 06:31 AM, said:

The testimony has actually been pretty consistent with only a few exceptions. Individuals like Sheridan Cavitt, Bessie Brazel, Frank Kaufman, Phillip Corso and a couple others are the only ones that really differ. Their testimony is tossed out NOT because they contradict the foundation of reports, but mainly because they conflict with actual documented facts.

Cavitt, for example, the officer that went out to the debris field with Marcel, was once quoted often by debunkers and referenced in the governments Roswell Report: Case Closed. The problem was that Cavitt originally claimed he wasn't even in Roswell at the time. Documents proved otherwise. He then insisted he might have been in Roswell but he didn't go out to the debris field. And then it was that he went out to the debris field, but Marcel wasn't with him, and that he found a couple feet of debris from a weather balloon. The debris, he claimed, would fit comfortably in the trunk of a car. Well, if that was true, Mogul wouldn't fit his description, only the original cover story would (which is all he was aware of at the time of that statement).

Bessie Brazel is another example of invalid testimony. She claimed nobody came out to the field, certainly didn't stay the night, and that her father and her identified it as a balloon right away. It's likely she was confusing a different event for the Roswell incident, as Brazel frequently found and returned downed weather balloons.

According to Carey and Schmitt, there are over 600 witnesses that have come forward now. Most of them, however, are not first hand. Testimony will never prove anything, especially when it's less than first hand, but there is no chance at all that it was Mogul. I covered why in detail a few years back here: http://www.unexplain...1

Don't you think Mac Brazel would have noticed bodies lying around in his field? Just read Mac Brazel's account of him finding the debris, it was so un-spectacular that he didn't examine it closely for three weeks! He described it as "balsa wood sticks, scotch tape, rubber strips, tin foil and a small fin glued to a surface". He picked most of it up and took it to his shack, it weighed about 5 pounds in total. Yep, sounds like a starship to me. I would put a line through any lie detector tests, if the subject is delusional and believe what they're saying, they'll pass. I really wouldn't worry about documents relating to intelligence officers either, no-one really knows what they get up to. Remember lots of people are earning a living out of this codswallop, you can't believe any of them. The simplest answer is ususally the right one, Mogul balloon string. Next caller please.

Edited by Occams Razor, 23 February 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#104    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,717 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Unfortunately, the main problem with lie detectors is they can only pick up on what someone believes is a lie. If a person is convinced that something is "the truth" the test will show them as telling the truth regardless of the reality of the situation. I highly suspect many people are convinced (for a variety of reasons) that an alien space ship crashed in Roswell, such folks would be able to pass the test, but it really means very little.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users