Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Being Human

emberdawn

Has anyone watched the SyFy show being human? I just recently found out It was created by J. Carver. Who has returned to Supernatural to start writing for them again. I enjoyed the first episodes haven't seen the rest of the shows. No time. I enjoyed the interesting room mate twist. If you like supernatural you might like this too.

The UK version is better imo. Both are on Netflix. It's a great show, at least the UK one, I only got through one episode of the US version.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that it's bad. If I hadn't seen the UK version, I'd like it. (I mostly stopped cause I wanted to finish the UK version first so I didn't confused in what was going on, lol. Just haven't gotten back to it yet.) But imo, the UK just has better acting, and writing. They did change a few things up too from what I understand (other than character names). I have a co-worker who watches the US version on Hulu and we discuss it once in a while.

Hhhmmm sounds like we're missing out over here. The only stuff I get is on channel 13. Tho I do get to watch Doctor Who. What other good shows are we missing?

Torchwood is great, though is officially moved to the US, same cast and directors, a rare occurrence. It's actually a spinoff of Dr Who somehow. There's a few others. I usually find them on Netflix by following the "because you watched this, we think you might enjoy this.." links. Later tonight, I'll go through my queue and give ya some titles from UK I find that I've watched. The couple episodes of Sherlock I've seen are really good too, that's actually on PBS, but BBC production.

There's plenty of UK people here on UM too, maybe start a thread asking for great shows to look for from there? Just a thought.

• Like 1

Have been a fan of the UK version since the beginning. Hollywood got it from them,as Hollywood has no original ideas .

I tried watching one American episode,and couldn't get thru it.

Casting is terrible for it,and its just a pale shadow of the original .

Season four of the UK series,is hard to take so far. I've only watched a few episodes ,but its ....not the same.

I have to wait for Netflix to get Season Four. Given how Season Three ended, I can't see how they can keep on and keep it good too.

I promised I'd post some UK shows I've found on Netflix the other day. Sorry I'm late, but here's some...

Sherlock - already mentioned, I know. this is also on PBS. Obviously one of 205742075 takes on Sherlock Holmes, a good one though, from the couple I've seen.

Outcasts - a sci-fi show. Reminds me a lot of Earth 2, but a little better. Humans sent to another world to save the race, but of course there's issues with the planet and politics, etc.

Torchwood - already mentioned this one. It's a spin off of Dr. Who somehow, I think through the main character, Jack Harkness (?).

Ultraviolet - (not the movie, a UK TV series). This was a unique take on the vampire mythos, only 6 episodes. From the late 90s I think.

As with most shows, give a couple episodes before any of these grab ya. Except maybe Torchwood, that one starts out with some crazy if I remember right.

I know there's more, but that's all that's still in my queue since they're still on-going (I just happen to remember Ultraviolet).

Enjoy!

I have to wait for Netflix to get Season Four. Given how Season Three ended, I can't see how they can keep on and keep it good too.

I promised I'd post some UK shows I've found on Netflix the other day. Sorry I'm late, but here's some...

Sherlock - already mentioned, I know. this is also on PBS. Obviously one of 205742075 takes on Sherlock Holmes, a good one though, from the couple I've seen.

Outcasts - a sci-fi show. Reminds me a lot of Earth 2, but a little better. Humans sent to another world to save the race, but of course there's issues with the planet and politics, etc.

Torchwood - already mentioned this one. It's a spin off of Dr. Who somehow, I think through the main character, Jack Harkness (?).

Ultraviolet - (not the movie, a UK TV series). This was a unique take on the vampire mythos, only 6 episodes. From the late 90s I think.

As with most shows, give a couple episodes before any of these grab ya. Except maybe Torchwood, that one starts out with some crazy if I remember right.

I know there's more, but that's all that's still in my queue since they're still on-going (I just happen to remember Ultraviolet).

Enjoy!

Season 4 is all on youtube.

Episodes are in parts,but I had to watch it. Now I need season 10 of Red Dwarf

I'm patient, can wait for Netflix. I'm on 3g as my Hhigh speed" connection. YouTube doesn't work so well most of the time :o(

I couldn't get into Red Dwarf.

Enjoy! Thank you !!!! I enjoy Torchwood when I get chance to see it. And of course Doctor Who love them all. Is the show with Sarah Jane still on? Red Dwarf is funny tho I haven't seen many.