Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Roswell guard ordered to 'shoot to kill'

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,061 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

A serviceman tasked with guarding the Roswell debris was ordered to shoot anyone who tried to get near.

The UFO Iconoclast(s) said:

A team of investigators (of which this author is part) has renewed efforts to find and contact the very last living veterans of the Army Air Force who were at Roswell during the time of a UFO crash that occurred in early July of 1947.

Posted Image Read more...

PFC Calvin Cox has come forward to reveal his experiences in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,939 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostSaru, on 19 April 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

A serviceman tasked with guarding the Roswell debris was ordered to shoot anyone who tried to get near.

PFC Calvin Cox has come forward to reveal his experiences in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.

View PostSaru, on 19 April 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

It must have been a really valuable weather balloon :)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,448 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

I'm sure they would of shot someone over a weather balloon.  Evidence they were hiding something more if you ask me.

#4    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

It would be nice, just for once, to get something with a little more substance than someone flapping their lips.

1 crash site, 2, 3, 5,....dead aliens, one live alien, no aliens,... pieces of a craft, a hole craft, big, small,.... at this point the Roswell legend is so polluted. It offers no answers to the UFO enigma.

Roswell is a dead end.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#5    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,726 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm not surprised by the "Shoot to kill" order... Roswell AFB was nearby and it was home to the only nuclear weapons squadron in the world (at that time)... Sort of a "better safe than sorry" attitude, just in case the debris was related to the nuke weapons...

When I was stationed in Germany in the late 70's I was assigned to a Pershing Missile Battalion... I frequently had to pull guard duty on the warhead storage area and we were given "Shoot to Kill" orders as a matter of course... It was always my worry that I would have to shoot someone on my guard post only to find out he was a drunken German national out hunting (a very common sight back then)...

I do not believe that the debris was a 'weather balloon' or even a part of project mogul... Jesse Marcelus (sp) was an intel officer in the Nuke squadron, and he would have instantly recognized any form of balloon - with or with out aluminum foil panels...
I have no idea what it really was, but I am as certain as I can be that it was no balloon...

#6    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostHilander, on 19 April 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

I'm sure they would of shot someone over a weather balloon.  Evidence they were hiding something more if you ask me.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Any serious research into the Roswell event notices a lot of alarming inconsistencies and outright contradictory happenstances in the governments accounts of what actually happened.  First, it was claimed that it was a captured UFO.  That was an official press release by the army and by those who could obviously tell the difference between a downed weather balloon and possible ET craft.  You're telling me that these people trusted with the most cutting edge technology of their modern times could NOT tell the difference between a weather balloon and something from another world?  That has always been a glaringly inconsistent point of the Roswell story that did not make any logical sense.  Ok, then it is retracted and then told to the public that it was a simple weather balloon.  If you assume the above was true, you'd have to ask why the government would cover this up?  It is simple; government has always feared a perceived loss of control and power with these types of revelations.  One need look no further than the War of the Worlds scare back in 1938 to see proof of how widespread panic can cause those in control to worry;

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/welles-scares-nation

The ensuing panic was so great that Welles was brought to court over what was a perceived publicity stunt.  Do you really believe the world to have been a different place a mere 9 years later?  This was a highly controversial topic back then as it still is now.  Then it is dropped and not mentioned again because people didn't question government.  It is not until later when Jesse Marcel Sr. brings it back up that the Roswell issue is a hot topic once again.  His story never waivered in all the years he told it, which again is very telling.  This is a military man who was a part of the same group that controlled the nuclear bomb.  Yet, skeptics will claim he could not tell the difference between a downed weather balloon and a possible ET craft?  Another inconsistency.

Last, but certainly not least is the government returning in 1994 issuing a "case closed" explanation in which an already explained event was changed yet again with another cover story;

http://www.af.mil/information/roswell/

Those who have read this summary to the event will see that the government yet again adds another cover-up story element.  Why would the government have anything to add if not to hush those questioning the official story?  The military NEVER adds anything after giving an official answer to anything.  But they suspiciously changed their story with this follow up to their initial cover story?  

These are just a few examples not even including the numerous eyewitness accounts that all seem to independently verify each other.  It all comes down to one thing; Who has more to gain by lying?  The United States Government?  Or these quality eyewitnesses[not including the few hoaxes]?  Philip Corso takes it one step further in "The Day After Roswell" and explains that indeed a UFO did crash at Roswell in 1947 and that the government covered it up for their own agenda and purposes.  They back engineered the technology and implemented it into our own technology including various fields more notably in our US aircrafts and reconnaissance.  Is this coincidental?  Why would guards be ordered to shoot if there was a simple downed weather balloon?

I'm sure there will be plenty of quotes on this one, which I welcome.  There are a lot of holes in the official explanations and I'd like to see someone attempt to explain all of that away.

Edited by conspiracy buff, 19 April 2013 - 01:22 PM.

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.

#7    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,714 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

I havent been able to make up my mind on aliens yet. :unsure2:

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#8    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

In one of FBIs old memos from that time... There was written that there are unexplained pieces of the balloon scattered all over... Not a ufo or something similar maybe someone missunderstood..

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#9    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

What I do not understand is why did the story die after it made headlines and was not reborn until the 70's in any big way?
Probably because there was no story and someone dug ti up, changed it around and discovered they could make lots of money peddling it. Even the people of the time didn't care apparenttly. Isn't that odd?

Whether a balloon or not it wasn't alienz (JMO of course).

#10    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm still waiting for the soldiers to come forward that actually retrieved the items and gleaned both areas of the debris.  One thing I know for a fact I would've done had I been Marcel, Jr. and saw that one piece that had writing.  I would've definitely copied it down exactly as it looked or taken a polaroid of it.

#11    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostMantis914, on 19 April 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for the soldiers to come forward that actually retrieved the items and gleaned both areas of the debris.  One thing I know for a fact I would've done had I been Marcel, Jr. and saw that one piece that had writing.  I would've definitely copied it down exactly as it looked or taken a polaroid of it.
That is the problem with this story. No evidence what so ever. All hearsay. The number of witness increased dramatically AFTER the rebirth of the story in the 70's. While some look at it as a conspiracy it reeks of jumping on the bandwagon in search of a bit of fame and hopefully some of the proceeds from the books/movies/television....etc.

#12    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,635 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostMantis914, on 19 April 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for the soldiers to come forward that actually retrieved the items and gleaned both areas of the debris.

A friend's dad was there. He's passed, I'd have liked to have talked to him about it. Now all I get is the story from his son.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#13    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,705 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

There is one glaring discrepancy I see in all of this. Having pulled guard duty myself in the Army, they don't tell you what you are guarding if it is top secret. Not at all. And they certainly don't tell anything important to a PFC. I was promoted to PFC by the time I finished basic training and AIT and I was still green as hell.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#14    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,042 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 19 April 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

There is one glaring discrepancy I see in all of this. Having pulled guard duty myself in the Army, they don't tell you what you are guarding if it is top secret. Not at all. And they certainly don't tell anything important to a PFC. I was promoted to PFC by the time I finished basic training and AIT and I was still green as hell.

Hey S2F, I couldnt find anywhere that says he was told what he was guarding?

#15    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,705 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postquillius, on 19 April 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Hey S2F, I couldnt find anywhere that says he was told what he was guarding?

Then that leaves it up to Cox's personal interpretation right? He may not have been guarding anything to do with the Roswell Crash. From the description of what Cox was guarding it doesn't exactly fit any other descriptions we have about the debris recovered from Roswell, unless there is something I'm missing?

Edited by Slave2Fate, 19 April 2013 - 04:05 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users