Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If God made us in his image, does God sin?

sin evil sin lie revelation

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Silence will fall when the question is asked. On the fields of the Trenzalore with the Fall of the Eleventh.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

The topic title really explains a lot of what I'm asking. If God made us in his image, then does he sin? Now, logically I'm not saying everyone sins. There are good people too, full of joy, love, and gratitude plus happiness. But face it; this is the truth - if you summed up mankind in one word, spanning our ENTIRE history, then what would it be? Personally, I think sick. Not sick as in "that's so cool dude!" but sick as in "that's disturbing, horrible, and mental".

Gaddafi
Hitler
Caligula
The Boston Bombers
Al-Qaeda
Kim Jong Un (he seems likely to pull off a devastating attack in the foreseeable future, making him as bad as Hitler)

There are SO much more names I could put down. This is incredibly sad, because it means and it shows how mentally sick us humans can become.

....but...hang on....didn't...God say he made us...in his image? OK, so then what does that make God? Why do some believe in this entity if they may already know that he made us like him and there are horrible people like the list above? What does that really say?

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,146 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

I always thought being made "in His image" just meant that we were made self aware.  We have the capacity to understand laws and the ability to choose whether to obey them or not.  Sin is simply the transgression of the law.  Since He is the Creator, both of us and the law, He is not bound by that law I assume.  If I am keeping goldfish then I have to provide boundaries and a proper environment for them to exist but that doesn't mean I have to stay submerged and breathe liquid as they do.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,710 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Probably but when you are in charge you get away with it.

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,550 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

As some say God is the standard, then God can do as he pleases and is still holy.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,146 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Depends on what you mean by sin, what is a sin to some, is not to others.
The word sin to me depicts a religious belief which disapproves on ones behaviour because it is against the faith.
Si if someone does not follow that belief, then how can they be a sinner? but again, it depends on what you say they have done wrong.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

From the Biblical perspective: the "being made in God's image" part occurred before mankind sinned.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,146 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostJ. K., on 13 May 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

From the Biblical perspective: the "being made in God's image" part occurred before mankind sinned.
?
If God had made man, then there would have been no man previously to have sinned....buts thats the biblical perspective.
But who says it is a sin, apart from what man has written in a book?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Heres how I understand it god made Adam and Eve and they were perfect, Then satan came down into the garden as a snake and Influenced Eve to eat from the fruit and that it would give her great knowledge, Eve ate from it and convinced Adam to also.  God saw  what they had done and then said your children will fall from perfection and through generations man became less perfect, and started to break the laws that god gave them, such as false worship, and murder, and it keeps going on and on.   Of course this is me summarizing it up quickly

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#9    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postand then, on 13 May 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

I always thought being made "in His image" just meant that we were made self aware.
I thought it meant he's got two arms, legs, eyes, nipples, thumbs, nostrils, averages around 5ft10'' and (in my case) is devillishly handsome....?
;-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#10    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• 1,624 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 13 May 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

?
If God had made man, then there would have been no man previously to have sinned....buts thats the biblical perspective.
But who says it is a sin, apart from what man has written in a book?

What I was attempting to say (poorly) is that man's proclivity to sin came in after he was created in God's image.  This is answer to the OP as the Bible states.  Other sources no doubt have other interpretations.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#11    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• 1,277 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postshrooma, on 13 May 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

I thought it meant he's got two arms, legs, eyes, nipples, thumbs, nostrils, averages around 5ft10'' and (in my case) is devillishly handsome....?
;-)

He also farts and burps and has moles and warts and acne and......

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#12    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Man started to sin after he fell out of perfection

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#13    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• Mercurćn

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).
-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).
-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).
-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead
-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

Now . . . you tell me if this 'god' sins?

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,433 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostEtu Malku, on 13 May 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).
-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).
-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).
-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

How can we be sure the abrahamic his us not a devil?!??

View PostEtu Malku, on 13 May 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

How can we be sure the abrahamic god is not a devil?!??

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#15    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 13 May 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

View PostEuphorbia, on 13 May 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

guess he broke the mould before he made us then huh?
;-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users