Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst Serial Killer Of All Time

et's daddy

was wondering who you thought was the worst

not including Hitler and them

Bundy ?

that nurse guy ?

should be interesting

Andras Pandy was always one of my favs...

probably not the worst, but still a serial killer...

hence my stage name, Dr. Pandy Massacre :yes:

Jack the Ripper. Although other people have killed a lot more people than him, the mystery that surronds him is so.....creepy. :blink:

Again, not so much quantity as the creepiness of how he did things, but Peter Sutcliffe (The Yorkshire Ripper) I think is one unhealthy individual, yet I find him strangely interesting.

Definately a brutal and vicious individual. *shudders* :unsure:

Jack the Ripper is one of my favorites although he is not the worst of them. In fact Andrei Chikatilo eclipses the Ripper by death count.

Elizabeth Bathory (varying spelling) for worst female serial killer.

what about Albert Fish, he murdered an abused many young girls an when he was caught an put to the electric chair he short circuted it because he had years worth of pins an needles inserted in his testacles wich led them to discover even more horrific details of his own self abuse..

scary monsters.

sleep tight

• Like 1

Sure but the death count wasn't that high imo. He was a Christian pedophile if I'm not mistaken. And a masochist perhaps.

Last Call Killer:

Richard W. Rogers finally convicted of the murder of two of his numerous gay male victims. VMD, vacuum metal deposition, technology which saves fingerprints from plastic bags, was a key factor in his trial. Rogers disposed of his victims in plastic trash bags which he dumped along the roadways in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

Jeremy Bryan Jones:

Glib, good-looking psychopath rapes & kills over a dozen people for fun, bragging he can "talk the panties off a nun." Mistaken FBI fingerprint system allows him to hide under another criminal's identity for years, resulting in the unnecessary death of several women.

Henry Lee Lucas:

Along with psychopath sidekick Ottis Toole, he traveled the U.S. raping, robbing, killing, and mutilating men, women & children. Originally thought to have killed 360 people, some of his confessions are now discredited. Whatever number of murders he & Toole committed, these two serial killers set a new standard in depravity.

Joel Patrick Courtney:

Violent, middle-aged drunk with a long rap sheet faces 19-count indictment for 2004 abduction, rape & murder of beautiful college freshman Brooke Wilberger and the sexual assault & kidnapping of a New Mexico exchange student.

Steven Avery:

DNA evidence exculpates him from one rape/attempted murder, but nails him on the rape and murder of Teresa Halbach, a young photographer who visited him for business reasons.

Serial Killer Culture:

A grim fascination with serial killers has created a robust "murderabilia" market. Many millions are spent each year not on serial killer movies and books, but on everything from paintings and other artwork created by serial killers to tacky souvenirs, coloring books, games and joke gifts. Some women are so attracted that they become serial killer groupies and even wives. A close look at why we are so fascinated by serial murder.

Joseph Edward Duncan III:

The story of how a monstrous convicted serial child molester was released to destroy an Idaho family.

Uday Hussein:

Iraq's mythically malevolent force. The story of his childhood and how he grew up to be the most feared man in his country.

Derrick Todd Lee:

Small-town investigators with sharp instincts identify Baton Rouge serial killer while big agencies are derailed with flawed FBI profile guiding their activities.

Robert Zarinski:

While he's in prison, his sister embezzles money from him. She makes a deal with prosecutors for leniency in exchange for info proving her brother killed a cop and is a sexual predator.

Werewolf Killers:

Traces the long history of the belief that men could become wolves and rip apart their victims. Shocking recent cases are profiled as well as classics like Vacher the Ripper and the Monster of Florence. Psychologists debate the nature of the mental disorder responsible for werewolf killers.

Yoo Young-cheol:

When he got out of a South Korean prison in 2003, his first goal was to capture a lot of stray dogs so that he could beat them to death and perfect his killing technique. That done, he planned to murder 100 wealthy people and steal their money.

The Monster of Florence:

For decades, this bizarre predator stalked men and women in love, murdered them and sexually mutilated the women. A number of men were suspected of being the Monster and there were several trials associated with this unsolved case. The unusual story inspired author Thomas Harris to locate one of his Hannibal Lecter books in Florence.

Capital City Murders:

Abduction and murder of 8 young women associated with the University of Wisconsin in Madison began suddenly in 1968 and ended without a clue in 1984.

Martha Beck & Raymond Fernandez:

The story of a desperately lonely overweight woman who lets herself fall into partnership with a man who murders women for money. The so-called Lonely Hearts Murders, entwined in voodoo magic and kinky sex, becomes one of the most sensational cases of the 1940s.

Charles Ng and Leonard Lake:

Cruel, psychopathic son of wealthy Hong Kong businessman, discharged from the Marines for stealing, and his accomplice kidnapped, raped, tortured and murdered an estimated 25 captives in a fortified bunker in California -- all caught on video. When Lake killed himself with hidden cyanide tablets, Ng fled to Canada, setting the stage for one of the most expensive legal battles in U.S. history, dwarfing the O.J. Simpson trial.

Bible John:

That's what they called the tall, very handsome well-dressed young man, who kept reciting passages from the scriptures. He was the last person seen with a three young murder victims, none of them sexually assaulted, but oddly all three were menstruating at the time of their death. DNA has brought forward new leads in this strange unsolved case.

Carl Panzram:

A remorseless, vicious killer, a child rapist, a man with no soul who was the essence of evil. The shocking two-part story of this monster who hated the human race, one of Americas most ferocious, unrepentant serial killers.

serial killers

• Like 1

The story of Ed Gein was particularly disturbing when I first read it. He was the inspiration for Leatherface (from Texas Chainsaw Massacre), I believe.

• Like 1

I gotta go with Albert Fish

He's done it all and covered all the sick & twisted things you can think of

He always stuck in my mind & creeps me out!

• Like 1

Albert Fish

There are few killers in American history that are remembered today as being as deranged and fiendish as the seemingly kind and harmless, Albert Fish. He looked like every child's favorite grandfather but behind the quiet facade of his silver hair and mustache lurked a hideous monster who preyed on the young and the innocent with his horrific "instruments of hell" -- a meat cleaver, a butcher knife and a saw. He was the self-admitted molester of more than 400 children during a span of 20 years and in the words of one of the shocked psychiatrists who examined him, he lived a life of "unparalleled perversity." Albert Fish remains one of the oldest men ever executed in the electric chair but it was a death that came too late for many of his victims.

Jeffrey Dahmer

Jeffrey Dahmer, was born May 21, 1960, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S. When young, he impaled the heads of animals he killed on stakes in his yard. As an adolescent, he had fantasies of killing and mutilating men. His first murder was in Bath Township, Ohio, in 1978. A second murder followed in 1987. He killed another 15 young men, most of them in Milwaukee, over the next five years. Dahmer's gruesome crimes involved cannibalism and **********. Some claimed Dahmer escaped detection for so long was because police attached a low priority to investigating the disappearance of homosexual or racial minority victims.

All those people are great and all, but I believe that the "worst" serial killer of all time has yet to come.

I have my own way of ranking :P

"My God..."-- James Huberty, shot up a McDonald's.

Best sniper-- Charles Whitman a.k.a. The Sniper in the Tower (you can read some of his story from the book The Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas or here

Best at not getting caught-- the Unabomber

Stupidest motive ever-- Richard Paul White (more info here)

And finally...

"It's still a mystery..."-- Jack the Ripper

Edited by DaKong

My favs are Count Elizabeth Bathory' and Ed Gein. Though I wouldn't call them favs cuz they are after all serial killers <_< . Still they have fascinated me the most. Hey does Freddy Krueger and Michael Myers count. I always have nightmares about them two. :wacko:

Edited by starlitkate

All those people are great and all, but I believe that the "worst" serial killer of all time has yet to come.

What with forensics etc, perhaps not. More and more people are being caught imo.

The individual would have to be pretty clever.

Clifford Olson. The guy has one of the highest ratings ever recorded on the Psychopathy Checklist. He's considered the 'ultimate' psychopath, and a very dangerous person.

What with forensics etc, perhaps not. More and more people are being caught imo.

The individual would have to be pretty clever.

unfortunately im not sure i agree

those beltway snipers just got lazy

i think someone like that could carry on for a long time

probably dahmer was the worst when you got 35 guys in the fridge thats pretty bad. :unsure2: