Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

The Black Dahlia mystery

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#61    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

View PostAntilles, on 19 June 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

I want to know why she died and who killed her.

She may not have had much of a life but she never did anything to warrant such an atrocious death.

Great post jon. :yes:

Thanks Ant. :tu:

This is what it's all about: who and why ??

Elizabeth was a good girl, a lost girl but still a good girl. Nobody deserve to die the way she did, nobody. Yeah, she might have been a tease and might have lied to the people who trusted her, but it's clear to me that she was a good person. And it's very sad that her mother and sisters all died without knowing who did this to her. It's another injustice to the Short family. Not only did they lost a good girl in Elizabeth, but they died without knowing the truth. Horrible.

This case needs to be closed, independant investigators like me and Ant will never give up. We must find the truth. We have to.

#62    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

Good to see you back, jon. :yes:

I know I've said this before, somewhere, but this case is a Raymond Chandler novel in real life. The people whose lives BD flitted through and who in turn touched hers, is just mind boggling. For a girl who was in no way famous until her death, she knew a lot of people and some of them were not really good to know.

And you know I absolutely agree with you that her death is worth discussing - her life had value, certainly to herself and to her family. If that was my sister carved into 2 pieces and left like that on a curb, I'd want to know who killed her. And why. What was it she did or knew that made her life end like that?

I do not and never have believed BD was murdered by a lone psycho. Her body was severed by a skilled surgeon but mutilated by a madman. I believe there had to be at least 2 people involved in her murder.

#63    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,464 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

I think the main thing that makes this such a difficult case is that (in my opinion) Smart was a high risk victim.
I don't have any more to comment on except that I don't know of any evidence which could suggest that there was more than one person involved in her murder.

#64    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

i appologise for re-starting this thread, but ive just read through this and  am really interested....

"Just a few days after the finding, two homicide officers sat in a restaurant, discussing the case. After returning to headquarters, they got a call from a man, stating he just spotted the killers. The gentleman was a waiter in the restaurant, and his named suspects were the two officers."

surely there is nothing more to this than the waiter thought as the officers were discussing the case, they were almost "bragging" about being the murders???? ( obviously they wernt but how would the waiter know that?)

Posted Image

#65    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,216 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 14 April 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

i appologise for re-starting this thread, but ive just read through this and  am really interested....

"Just a few days after the finding, two homicide officers sat in a restaurant, discussing the case. After returning to headquarters, they got a call from a man, stating he just spotted the killers. The gentleman was a waiter in the restaurant, and his named suspects were the two officers."

surely there is nothing more to this than the waiter thought as the officers were discussing the case, they were almost "bragging" about being the murders???? ( obviously they wernt but how would the waiter know that?)

Don't apologise. I'm glad you started the discussion again. :yes:  Can you give me the post number you've quoted?

#66    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

that quote is from the bd website http://www.mulhollan...blackdahlia.htm

Posted Image

#67    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

So both Ann Toth and Norma Lee Myer disappeared shortly after Short's murder?? That is strange. I never heard about this before. I wonder what happened to them?

After the grand jury disbanded at the end of the year, the active investigation of the murder of Elizabeth Short began a descent that led to cold case oblivion.  The last known time that investigators interviewed Anne was in 1950. Anne, like Lynn Martin, disappeared. Trying to follow her story is like chasing clouds on a windy day.
Taken from http://www.theblackd...ywood.com/?p=71

#68    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,216 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 15 April 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

that quote is from the bd website http://www.mulhollan...blackdahlia.htm

OK, I got you. I think maybe everyone was playing find the murderer at that stage. But, plainclothes officers. Waiter didn't know that so he did the right thing.

#69    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,216 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostKowalski, on 15 April 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

So both Ann Toth and Norma Lee Myer disappeared shortly after Short's murder?? That is strange. I never heard about this before. I wonder what happened to them?

They were drifters, on the fringes of LA and in the action for a short while (forgive the pun). :yes:  Their notoriety could have finished finished them. Perhaps, they were both scared about what they'd been mixed up in and split. Maybe, someone suggested to both of them that a permanent vacation from LA would be a good career move. Those are 3 possibles. Any you can add?

#70    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

was it ever decided if she was "cut up" where she was found or if she was moved before????

Posted Image

#71    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,216 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 29 April 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

was it ever decided if she was "cut up" where she was found or if she was moved before????

She was mutilated before she was dumped. Her body had been drained of blood.

#72    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostAntilles, on 16 April 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

They were drifters, on the fringes of LA and in the action for a short while (forgive the pun). :yes:  Their notoriety could have finished finished them. Perhaps, they were both scared about what they'd been mixed up in and split. Maybe, someone suggested to both of them that a permanent vacation from LA would be a good career move. Those are 3 possibles. Any you can add?

Too bad the 1950 Census Data is not available yet! The 1940 Census data just came out last year. I wonder if you could find out what happened to them using Vital and census type records? Has anyone done this before?

#73    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,216 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostKowalski, on 30 April 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Too bad the 1950 Census Data is not available yet! The 1940 Census data just came out last year. I wonder if you could find out what happened to them using Vital and census type records? Has anyone done this before?

Not as far as I know. Doesn't mean it hasn't been attempted.

#74    EmmasMommy

EmmasMommy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• Someone's always watching

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I'm wondering if anyone can fill me in on the reported "genital/reproductive defect" issue. I've looked into this myself, but I keep getting all kinds of different information. It's getting very confusing to me.

#75    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostEmmasMommy, on 10 June 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

I'm wondering if anyone can fill me in on the reported "genital/reproductive defect" issue. I've looked into this myself, but I keep getting all kinds of different information. It's getting very confusing to me.

Different sources say different things but if the source came from John Gilmore I don't believe it can be trusted.This link says the autopsy revealed everything was normal

http://www.crimeandi...ahlia/aftermath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users