Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Psychic Challenge Awaits Brooklyn Girl

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 04 April 2003 - 12:43 AM

It will be the rematch of the year.

In one corner is Natalia Lulova, an 11-year-old Jewish immigrant from St. Petersburg, Russia now living in Brooklyn who says that she can see through blindfolds.

In the other corner is James Randi, a 74-year-old former magician and avowed skeptic known in his magician days as "the Amazing Randi" who offers a $1 million prize to anyone who can offer proof of the paranormal.

These two titans first clashed last year: Lulova challenged Randi for the prize and lost. But after waiting the requisite 12 months, Lulova is back. She will be the first person ever to re-challenge Randi. She says that her extra-sensory abilities are better than ever. This sixth-grader is ready to do battle this summer.

user posted image View: Full Article                                                  

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 08:59 AM

This is very interesting Magik . I wonder if James Randi has one million dollars to spare  . An old school friend and I used to do a mind reading trick based on our tellephone numbers I could teach you if you wanted to go halfs  wink.gif                                                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users