Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tasmanian tigers brought to life

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    TheFlyingDutchman

TheFlyingDutchman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 170 posts

• When there is no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the earth.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 March 2011 - 03:12 AM, said:

Awwww.... I thought this would be a thread about the thylocenes being cloned and grown into real animals. :-(

I think the title is a little misleading. :-(
Same, I am disapoint.

#17    The Metal

The Metal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

• In the absence of critical thought, Faith will fill the void

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:17 AM

This has to be at least the third time i've seen a title about bringing thylacines back and they never deliver!.

as for the debate over whether we should bring extinct creatures beck to life i say do it!

No creature should be made to exist purely for that purpose. Cloned or not.

you make it sound like they would be kept in poor conditions, anyone with the funding and the means to clone an extinct animal back into existence is not going to go through the effort just to see it rot in a cage.

would you still argue the same point if the animals were kept in a three acre bio dome perfectly simulating their natural habbit, with limited contact to humans and live prey to hunt?

my imaginary friend is better than yours, surrender at once.

#18    BaneSilvermoon

BaneSilvermoon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostThe Metal, on 12 May 2011 - 01:17 AM, said:

This has to be at least the third time i've seen a title about bringing thylacines back and they never deliver!.

as for the debate over whether we should bring extinct creatures beck to life i say do it!

you make it sound like they would be kept in poor conditions, anyone with the funding and the means to clone an extinct animal back into existence is not going to go through the effort just to see it rot in a cage.

would you still argue the same point if the animals were kept in a three acre bio dome perfectly simulating their natural habbit, with limited contact to humans and live prey to hunt?

I was replying to a comment that said if they were brought back they would be living in captivity. My opinion on whether we should attempt to clone the animal is irrelevant to that.

http://www.youtube.c.../BaneSIlvermoon

"Psychic Fayre cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"  ~Thanks Oppono Astos!!

#19    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

View PostKyouka, on 09 March 2011 - 06:27 AM, said:

What does it mean for the planet? Species have come and gone for millennia, and it's usually been that the planet is what screwed them over! When humans take far more than they need, they make corpulent corpses that are best put in the ground so that the planet can reclaim what had been taken. "The planet" wants for nothing.
At a much different rate, from other causes.
Just think about it...
An species fading from existence as a result of natural selection vs. a species being avidly hunted be humans.
Which one will go faster?

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users