Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Britain's Asians are aborting baby girls

Still Waters

For the hospital sonographer, it's just another routine 20-week ultrasound scan. The baby is developing perfectly and, helpfully, is lying in the right position to make identification of its gender straightforward. 'Would you like to know the sex?' she asks.The anxious-looking Indian woman who has been staring so intently at the monitor, smiles nervously. 'Oh yes, please,' she says, her slight Midlands accent betraying the fact that she was born in Britain.

'Well, you're having a little girl. Isn't that lovely?' If the sonographer had been a little less tired, she might have noticed the slight hesitation before her patient's reply, the fleeting look of desperate disappointment that crossed her face. But both are gone in a split second. 'Oh yes, wonderful news, my husband will be pleased.'

But the woman is lying - just as hundreds of other British women of Indian origin do every year. Their husbands certainly won't be pleased by news of another daughter and nor, more often than not, are they.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gabe

• hetrodoxly

• itsnotoutthere

• Corp

This is so very sad, in this day and age.

We don't know we're well off by comparison to some other cultures and religious beliefs. Women across the world still living in grounded awful ignorance.hmm.gif

turn a blind eye let them get on with it, that's what the political elite do. and if you dare mention this again you are a racist.

turn a blind eye let them get on with it, that's what the political elite do. and if you dare mention this again you are a racist.

will do :tu:

its the womans choice. samething as abortion. the little bundle of joy will be a leach for the next 18+ years.

Yeah, a Daily Mail article about how bad foreign Brits are. Going to need to take this with a big grain of salt...

Yeah, a Daily Mail article about how bad foreign Brits are. Going to need to take this with a big grain of salt...

That's right it's just a big ol' daily mail story so we can ignore it......head in sand.

Some months ago there was a documentary on the (diversity loving) BBC about the number of asian girls (mainly India & pakistani) aged between 11 & 14 that drop off the school register each year. According to the findings in this documentary, approximately 400 female children in the Birmingham area alone failed to return to school after their summer break. And the conclusion of the documentary (also backed up by a couple of asian M.Ps) was that these girls are sent 'back home' for arranged marriages, to return back to the U.K. at some later date accompanied by there new husband & any 'in-laws' who wish to tag along. And the authorities turn a blind eye in the name of 'social cohesion'.

So don't bury your head in the sand & pretend this sort of thing doesn't happen, because it does & asian women generally get a very raw deal.

I wonder how many of those women aborting their unborn girls are doing it because the are forced to?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

The Daily Mail has blown stories out of proportion before and just about every story of theirs posted on these forums is how foreigners are destroying Britain. I've heard several Brits on other forums, right wing forums mind you, that dismiss the paper out of hand as a racist rag. Now I'm not saying that this story doesn't have some truth in it but given that the Daily Mail has show a clear bias against immigration stories like this should not be taken at face value right away. If this stuff is going on then yes it is horrible and more effort should be put to educate new comers. However I wouldn't be surprised at all if things weren't nearly as bad as the article made it out to be.

Edited by Corp

Daily Mail second most popular paper sold in the UK. if the paper shows a clear bias against immigration, then it only balances it out against the liberal left papers who show a clear bias for immigration. :yes:

Omg I can't believe this is happening in the UK in the 21th century, not only is it..oh ...

wait sorry I didn't realise it was ethnic minorities... sorry.....

carry on...

If this stuff is going on then yes it is horrible and more effort should be put to educate new comers.

Educate newcomers? My god what a Nazi RACIST. oh why don't we set up concentration camps too.

Edited by Bill Hill

The Daily Mail has blown stories out of proportion before and just about every story of theirs posted on these forums is how foreigners are destroying Britain. I've heard several Brits on other forums, right wing forums mind you, that dismiss the paper out of hand as a racist rag. Now I'm not saying that this story doesn't have some truth in it but given that the Daily Mail has show a clear bias against immigration stories like this should not be taken at face value right away. If this stuff is going on then yes it is horrible and more effort should be put to educate new comers. However I wouldn't be surprised at all if things weren't nearly as bad as the article made it out to be.

If it wasn't for the Daily Mail we wouldn't know what's going on in the UK, it became popular as a result of a government who never told the truth, hid facts and treated us like idiots.

Read the title, knew it was dailymail.

If it wasn't for the Daily Mail we wouldn't know what's going on in the UK, it became popular as a result of a government who never told the truth, hid facts and treated us like idiots.

It's because you are bloody idiots. You'll trust anyone who confirms your biases without putting any critical though into it, and when someone tries to tell you how thick you are you go "A HURBADURB OH NOES WE CANT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT MSUIMS BLACKS BECAUSE THAT IS RACIIIIIIIISM!". Nobody here is saying that, we're just saying that you shouldn't take the dailymail seriously.

Edited by gabe

It may be happening. But I doubt to the extremities the Daily Mail propose, exageration is their only strong part.

Are you saying it's not true?

Well if a topic about immigration in Britain is posted on these forums 9 times out of 10 it's going to be from the Daily Mail. Seems to be their thing :P

here's a better written article on the subject, by a real news source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7123753.stm

Just to get it out of the way:

OH NO BBC LIBRUL MEDIA

Ahaha

However now that I have more information on this subject I can say without a doubt this is outrageous that they would do this to their own children. :angry2:

Edited by Ryinrea

here's a better written article on the subject, by a real news source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7123753.stm

The news article in your link was Last Updated: Monday, 3 December 2007, 13:15 GMT

It's not exactly up to date news.

The news article in your link was Last Updated: Monday, 3 December 2007, 13:15 GMT

It's not exactly up to date news.

In this, I don't think that matters. It actually enforces the OT, in that this kind of thing is going on 3 years later and nothing is really being done to curb it.

But, I still see the DailyMail exagerating the article.

Edited by GreyWeather

Read the title, knew it was dailymail.

It's because you are bloody idiots. You'll trust anyone who confirms your biases without putting any critical though into it, and when someone tries to tell you how thick you are you go "A HURBADURB OH NOES WE CANT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT MSUIMS BLACKS BECAUSE THAT IS RACIIIIIIIISM!". Nobody here is saying that, we're just saying that you shouldn't take the dailymail seriously.

No mate, it's because we've had a 5h1t load of hand wringing genuflecting i'll bend over while you shaft me blacks or muslims can do no wrong left wing morons, (do you recognise yourself)? running this country with an equally biased media, the mail is very refreshing and all you can come up with is "it's predictable" and a link that's a few years out of date, i've never had the paper but knowing you oppose it is enough recommendation for me to subscribe.

Well if a topic about immigration in Britain is posted on these forums 9 times out of 10 it's going to be from the Daily Mail. Seems to be their thing :P

It is their thing, nevertheless it doesn't make it not true.

Edited by hetrodoxly

Most people here are saying "believing anything the Daily Mail aka the Daily Hate Mail or the Daily Heil is like believing Bob Lazar about aliens or Bush about WMD", it's hard to given their track record.

Should it be happening, and as a result of coercion then it's a crime. Plain and simple.

No mate, it's because we've had a 5h1t load of hand wringing genuflecting i'll bend over while you shaft me blacks or muslims can do no wrong left wing morons, (do you recognise yourself)? running this country with an equally biased media, the mail is very refreshing and all you can come up with is "it's predictable" and a link that's a few years out of date, i've never had the paper but knowing you oppose it is enough recommendation for me to subscribe.

:tu:

(p.s. It was 'GABE' in another thread that stated "i dont think the BBC are left wing")

Edited by itsnotoutthere

:tu:

(p.s. It was 'GABE' in another thread that stated "i dont think the BBC are left wing")

prove me wrong