Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant 380ft beacon planned to commemorate

Still Waters

A twisted beacon taller than the Houses of Parliament could be created to remember the sacrifices made during the Battle of Britain.

The 116 metre (380ft) tall landmark building is planned for The Royal Air Force Museum in Hendon, north west London, and would be almost 10 metres (33ft) taller than the famous clock tower at the Palace of Westminster.

The building, provisionally called the Battle of Britain Beacon, would be visible from the centre of London and will house a permanent exhibition about the Battle of Britain if construction goes ahead.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rhomphaia

• BiffSplitkins

• Still Waters

• zebra99

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't a Battle of Brittan memorial already? I am more than a little surprised.

Though important that these things are remembered...

For Gods sake why don't they wait till the recession is over? From the Prime minister to a local councillor on Orkney....they love spending our money don't they?....Even when we have sod all to spare.

If they want to chuck money about ...spend some on giving some poor old sod an easier death.

I had to re-read the headline. I thought it said 380ft BACON... my mouth started watering there for a second. :P

I had to re-read the headline. I thought it said 380ft BACON... my mouth started watering there for a second. :P

Ahaha :lol: