Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rand Paul loses the plot

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,608 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

Rand Paul on Saturday accused President Obama of working with "anti-American globalists" to "plot against our Constitution."

The email blast was sent on behalf of the National Association on Gun Rights and heavily criticized the president's gun control efforts. Here's a snippet of the email, courtesy of the Washington Post's Ezra Klein.

"On November 7th, his administration gleefully voted at the UN for a renewed effort to pass the “Small Arms Treaty.”

But after the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut — and anti-gun hysteria in the national media reaching a fever pitch — there’s no doubt President Obama and his anti-gun pals believe the timing has never been better to ram through the U.N.’s global gun control crown jewel.

I don’t know about you, but watching anti-American globalists plot against our Constitution makes me sick."

Rand Paul: Obama Helping 'Anti-American Globalists Plot Against Our Constitution'

Yes, some of us are internationalists, some of us are also for sensible gun reform, but that does not mean there is a shadowy plot to destroy America from within.

The dialogue of joining a North American Union or even a global government eventually will happen and when it does we will discuss it as a nation in the same way European countries discussed joining the EU and adopting the the Euro.

Rand Paul loses points for being an alarmist, believing in conspiracy theories, and for spreading them.

My analysis: in the end he cannot stop progress but might have even enhanced it. This could only do one thing, divide an already divided conservative house (inlcuding libertatians in that house), and splitting the vote between the Republican candidate and whichever candidate Rand Paul supports if he does not run himself. Democrats will be for sure to win.

If I believed in conspiracy theories it would almost seem as if the Democrats are paying Rand Paul.

I would never want anyone to believe in conspiracy theories, so hope people begin paying attention, not being so mistrustful of the world, and decide to join us.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 12 May 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,296 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

I thought you didn't discuss people, but rather ideas.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

Rand Paul is a public figure and subject to criticism.

He is not someone in a discussion with us.

Any comments on the topic?

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 12 May 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,296 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

he's speaking to the NRA. of course he's going to say the sort of things they want to hear. it's like me not saying that the new Star Trek is crap to my girlfriend, both Rand and I don't like the idea of beng soht and dumped in a river somewhere :D

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
Only I will remain.

#5    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Good point. He would say that to the NRA.

Does he actually believe it?

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,296 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

probably not. he is, after all, a politician, from a family of politicians.

Only I will remain.

#7    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,463 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

This whole notion that Taking Away America's Guns is all a dark plot by the UN to destroy America™ has the same flaws as the idea that the U.S Govt. itself has been responsible for organising and covering up outrages like 9.11 - they rather credit the organisation in question with rather more efficiency and single-minded ruthlesness than it's ever hitherto displayed. If the UN couldn't even prevent a former Republican administration from going to War with whoever it liked, why are these same Republicans always so paranoid about the UN wanting to Destroy America? If they treated the UN with such disdain for not wholeheartedly endorsing G.W. Bush's military adventures, why are they now so worried that it wants to take away America's Guns™ and impose Martial Law? Why do they suddenly think it'll suddenly become so ruthlessly efficient it'll be able to do that?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#8    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I would never want anyone to believe in conspiracy theories, so hope people begin paying attention, not being so mistrustful of the world, and decide to join us.

Yes, some of us are internationalists

...a shadowy plot to destroy America from within...
..is there something you want to tell us?

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#9    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

I love the fact that there are already anti-Rand Paul postst in this forum.
It proves that the progressives are already scared of this guy.

#10    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,620 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

View Posttapirmusic, on 12 May 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

I love the fact that there are already anti-Rand Paul postst in this forum.
It proves that the progressives are already scared of this guy.
Is that what it means?  So you are absolutely terrified of Obama then? :P

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 12 May 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Rand Paul: Obama Helping 'Anti-American Globalists Plot Against Our Constitution'

Yes, some of us are internationalists, some of us are also for sensible gun reform, but that does not mean there is a shadowy plot to destroy America from within.

The dialogue of joining a North American Union or even a global government eventually will happen and when it does we will discuss it as a nation in the same way European countries discussed joining the EU and adopting the the Euro.

To folks like 0bama you are whats called a usefull idiot. The fact that you refuse to see how these globalists are clearly destroying this country from within, intentionaly, means that term is correct.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#12    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 12 May 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Rand Paul loses points for being an alarmist, believing in conspiracy theories, and for spreading them.

My analysis: in the end he cannot stop progress but might have even enhanced it. This could only do one thing, divide an already divided conservative house (inlcuding libertatians in that house), and splitting the vote between the Republican candidate and whichever candidate Rand Paul supports if he does not run himself. Democrats will be for sure to win.

If I believed in conspiracy theories it would almost seem as if the Democrats are paying Rand Paul.

This obviously a lame attempt, to start a thread war between members.

And then of course you hide behind comments like this one:

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 12 May 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Rand Paul is a public figure and subject to criticism.

He is not someone in a discussion with us.

Any comments on the topic?

Which is typical of you.

I hope the mods keep a close eye on this thread, cuz I can see it escalating very quickly....

#13    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,394 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

If you believed in conspiracy theories you would also believe that the gun industry is paying Obama.
Is this thread about a future fantasy election? For someone who is all about unity and globalism you sure are partisan and rabid against ideas you don't follow. Who in the hell would want one world government anyways?

Posted Image

#14    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

And how do we know that Rand isn't telling the truth?

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#15    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,394 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostKafkaesque, on 12 May 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

And how do we know that Rand isn't telling the truth?
Because there are negative connotations against the Great One. Therefore, it's a conspiracy theory.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users