Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The real cause of current planetary changes?

Gabriel Traveler

Massive bombardments of energy hitting our solar system may be the real cause for erratic sun behavior, increased solar flares, increase in earthquakes & volcanic activity, increase in intensity of the aurora borealis, birds dying and getting off course, satellites falling out of the sky, increase in comets and asteroids, the north pole moving rapidly into Siberia, strange sounds, and other weird **** going on around the world...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gabriel Traveler

• Englishgent

• lightly

• ChrLzs

Massive bombardments of energy hitting our solar system may be the real cause for erratic sun behavior, increased solar flares, increase in earthquakes & volcanic activity, increase in intensity of the aurora borealis, birds dying and getting off course, satellites falling out of the sky, increase in comets and asteroids, the north pole moving rapidly into Siberia, strange sounds, and other weird **** going on around the world...

{link redacted}

Despite that extremely profeshunal-looking-video's first frame, I've decided to pass on looking at it.

Why? Because the text introducing it is incorrect and entirely UNsupported.

We do not have 'erratic' sun behavior or increased solar flares - we simply do not fully understand the Sun's behavior and cycles, and of course can now watch and measure the activity far better than ever before, so more people become aware of it. OP, tell us, when were the BIGGEST ever flares experienced by Earth? Lately? (Hint - NO.)

We also do not have any increase in earthquakes & volcanic activity - indeed, OP, please CITE your evidence for this, from a proper source.

We do not have any increase in intensity of the aurora borealis.

There are numerous citations of birds 'dying and getting off course' in history.

NO satellites have fallen out of the sky for any unexplained reason.

There is no increase in comets and asteroids.

The North Pole has always been wandering and will continue to do so.

If you claim otherwise to any of those - WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

All we have here is the sadly common mistake where people believe that 'stuff' is happening more often simply because the media covers everything in such excruciating detail and it is constantly in our faces (even more constantly if you hang around doomsday and crackpot websites). The sad part is that rather than properly INVESTIGATE and RESEARCH and then if a genuine effect is there cite exactly what is happening and the evidence (eg numbers, CHECKABLE statistics) for that, people would much rather just post these wild "The Sky Is Falling" claims.

Sorry, Henny Penny. Try again. Next time with evidence in your introduction instead of the handwaving, and you might get a few more hits on your video..

Edited by Chrlzs

No, it is not "entirely unsupported". Links are below the video, including to the lecture that I was summarizing, which provides much more evidence in 3 hours than what I present in a few minutes. I'm not claiming to be a scientist or astronomer, but bringing attention to someone else's lecture that I found fascinating, and information-packed.

First, the sun rises two days early in Greenland. The official explanation is that this was caused by the melting of polar ice caps. Huh?! Okay, let's give that to them and say it's true. Something very strange is indeed going on then, when the sun rises earlier because of that much ice melting. That is incredibly alarming even if you buy the official explanation. But the explanation seems pretty fishy to me. Either way, I would call that evidence of something strange afoot.

Snowy owls migrating south from Canada. Again, link below the video.

"Bird enthusiasts are reporting rising numbers of snowy owls from the Arctic winging into the lower 48 states this winter in a mass southern migration that a leading owl researcher called "unbelievable.""

So, when a leading owl researcher says that this case of migrating owls is "unbelievable", that isn't evidence of something strange going on?

I didn't say that the sun was having its strongest solar flares, so that's a straw man argument. I said that it was behaving erratically. Funny, someone from NASA said the same thing:

"“Lately, the Sun has been behaving a bit strangely,” declare Lika Guhathakurtha (NASA) and Dan Baker (U. Colorado) on the opinions page of yesterday’s New York Times."

Again, look for the link below the video.

No strange satellite behavior? Galaxy 15 may not have fallen out of the sky, however, according to Wikipedia:

"In April 2010, Intelsat lost control of the satellite, and it began to drift away from its orbital slot, with the potential to cause disruption to other satellites in its path.

On 27 December 2010, Intelsat reported that the satellite had rebooted as per design and the command unit was responding to commands again."

They lost control of it for 8 months. I think that's what you call "going rogue".

The UARS satellite fell out of the sky in September. Link below the video.

"Defying predictions one last time, NASA's doomed UARS satellite dove through Earth's atmosphere late last night over the North Pacific Ocean, off the U.S. West Coast, the space agency says."

I'm pretty sure there were others, will continue looking around and post any links below the video.

Earthquakes. Link is below the video to the USGS website.

Number of 6.0-6.9...

2009: 144

2010: 149

2011: 185

Number of 5.0-5.9...

2009: 1896

2010: 2025

2011: 2279

Number of 4.0-4.9...

2009: 6805

2010: 10345

2011: 13270

Proof that the world is ending? No. A steady trend of increasing earthquake activity over the past three years? Not sure what else you would call it.

Professional-looking video? No, you got me there. Evidence citing strange things going on around the planet? I'll stand by that until you debunk things a little better.

Edited by Gabriel Traveler

"“SUNDIVING COMET STORM: 2010 ended with an unprecedented flurry of small comets diving into the Sun. Researchers say this could herald a much larger comet still to come.” -Space Weather. More than 7 comets collided with the Sun in 2010 and the number will see a notable increase in 2011. The Solar System is moving into a denser region of space especially as our star system eclipses the galactic plane. Dark comets, interplanetary comets and large unknown asteriods could strike Earth with little or almost no warning. UK scientisists Professor Bill Napier, from the University of Cardiff, and fellow astronomer Dr David Asher, from Armagh Observatory in Northern Ireland told New Scientist magazine: Thousands of invisible “dark” comets may be posing an unseen threat to Earth and that that many “periodic” comets which take less than 200 years to complete an orbit of the Sun may be “dark“."

Notice the line "more than 7 comets collided with the sun in 2010". And yet, according to Susan Rennison, *25* comets collided with the sun in one 10-day period in 2011! I haven't found confirmation of that yet but will look around and if I find it, post below the video. I'll also post a link below the video to the above quote.

Actually it was December, 2010:

http://www.space.com/10642-sundiving-comet-storm.html

""The storm began on Dec. 13th and ended on the 22nd," Karl Battams of the Naval Research Lab in Washington, D.C., said in a statement. "During that time, the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) detected 25 comets diving into the sun. It was crazy!""

Presentation concluding that there has been a steady increase in solar storms over the past 139 years:

http://www.nas.org.au/pdf/Are%20Magnetic%20Storms%20Getting%20Stronger.pdf

• Aa (aa) has increased linearly over past 139

years.

• There is a strong correlation between aa and

sunspot count as aa closely follows the 11 year

solar cycle. There is also a 100 year sunspot

cycle.

• There appears to be an increase in the

intensity of magnetic storms based on the

increasing trend in Aa data. Individual storms,

however, can occur at any time and are not

getting larger.

http://www.cdapress.com/columns/cliff_harris/article_15bbf109-652a-5d87-8623-819c25b0a766.html

"the magnetic north pole is shifting towards Russia at the rather alarming rate of 40 miles a year, a whopping increase of 800 percent from the normal of just 5 miles annually."

Hmmmm, that almost sounds, well, out of the ordinary!

No, it is not "entirely unsupported".

And yet your very first point IS UNSUPPORTED.

Links are below the video, including to the lecture that I was summarizing, which provides much more evidence in 3 hours than what I present in a few minutes.

Perhaps you should re-read your first post. There are NO links below the video in your first post. If you are making claims HERE, support them HERE.

I'm not claiming to be a scientist or astronomer

That much is eminently clear. I'm no neurosurgery expert either - in fact I am exceptionally ignorant on that topic - which is why I don't post ill-researched rubbish on neurosurgery forums.

.. but bringing attention to someone else's lecture that I found fascinating, and information-packed.

Someone else's?? If you are not 'Gabriel', why did you use that name? It seems extremely misleading at best...

First, the sun rises two days early in Greenland.

Absolute DRIVEL. If the sun was out of place in Greenland, umm, don't you think that it might be out of place... elsewhere on our planet? Or are you in an alternative universe? Do you realise how many independent ways there are to measure where the Sun is, and how many people and systems rely absolutely on its position? Ya don't think millions of people around the world might just notice that sunrise/set times are out, for a start? Seriously, if you don't get this, I think you are at the wrong place.

And that is the first point you raise, without any citation whatsoever?

Thanks for proving my point, and I will read no further. You are wasting this forum's time, and it looks an awful lot like spam.

BTW, as the old 'earthquakes-are-increasing' myth has been dragged out AGAIN, I should point out a couple of USGS pages. USGS are of course the people who PROVIDE the data being flogged by the doomsdayers.

From USGS earthquake statistics summary

As more and more seismographs are installed in the world, more earthquakes can be and have been located. However, the number of large earthquakes (magnitude 6.0 and greater) has stayed relatively constant.

and from USGS - Are earthquakes really on the increase?

Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant. A partial explanation may lie in the fact that in the last twenty years, we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. In 1931, there were about 350 stations operating in the world; today, there are more than 8,000 stations and the data now comes in rapidly from these stations by electronic mail, internet and satellite. This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years.

Could it be any more clear? Isn't it strange how our intrepid poster didn't quote ANY of THAT stuff - I think it's pretty obvious why. Yes, it's all part of a 'coverup', except the coverup and the deliberate falsification is on the part of the doomsday pushers.

Was the omission of the above information laziness, ignorance or deliberate misinformation? It certainly wasn't research.

{Not-}Gabriel, why didn't you mention any of that?

I've wasted enough time on this - if anyone else finds any of the information being pushed here in any way scary or convincing, do let me know and I'll show you in full detail what else is being misrepresented.

Edited by Chrlzs

BTW, as the old 'earthquakes-are-increasing' myth has been dragged out AGAIN, I should point out a couple of USGS pages. USGS are of course the people who PROVIDE the data being flogged by the doomsdayers.

From USGS earthquake statistics summary

and from USGS - Are earthquakes really on the increase?

Could it be any more clear? Isn't it strange how our intrepid poster didn't quote ANY of THAT stuff - I think it's pretty obvious why. Yes, it's all part of a 'coverup', except the coverup and the deliberate falsification is on the part of the doomsday pushers.

Was the omission of the above information laziness, ignorance or deliberate misinformation? It certainly wasn't research.

{Not-}Gabriel, why didn't you mention any of that?

I've wasted enough time on this - if anyone else finds any of the information being pushed here in any way scary or convincing, do let me know and I'll show you in full detail what else is being misrepresented.

I dont find anything scary. Just another post trying in vain to make us believe something is about to happen. Ok, I lie, I do find something scary. I find it scary that there are people out there who actually believe this :)

And yet your very first point IS UNSUPPORTED.

Perhaps you should re-read your first post. There are NO links below the video in your first post. If you are making claims HERE, support them HERE.

-->I attempted to post all of the links that are below the video into a separate reply, but was told "too much media", or something along those lines. In other words, there were too many links. Anyone who is genuinely curious can look under the video on You Tube. It won't kill you to make that effort. Lots of interesting stuff at the very least. And besides, I did provide a whole friggin' boat load of links in my various replies.

That much is eminently clear. I'm no neurosurgery expert either - in fact I am exceptionally ignorant on that topic - which is why I don't post ill-researched rubbish on neurosurgery forums.

-->That doesn't mean I don't have the right to read the news, peruse the internet, and connect some dots when time and again you start to see legitimate news stories that are describing bizarre stuff taking place.

Someone else's?? If you are not 'Gabriel', why did you use that name? It seems extremely misleading at best...

-->I understand that you're loathe to give me one more click and watch the video. Yes, I am Gabriel. The video is in part summarizing a 3-hour lecture given by Susan Rennison, that people can watch as a You Tube video. But, most people don't have 3 hours to watch a video. So I read some direct quotes of hers, provide her name, website and a link to the original video, as well as give some of my own commentary. Her lecture hypothesizes that our solar system is currently entering a new region of space that is highly charged and having major effects on our plane, to the sun and throughout the solar system. It's pretty fascinating, and yes, plenty of evidence cited.

Absolute DRIVEL. If the sun was out of place in Greenland, umm, don't you think that it might be out of place... elsewhere on our planet? Or are you in an alternative universe? Do you realise how many independent ways there are to measure where the Sun is, and how many people and systems rely absolutely on its position? Ya don't think millions of people around the world might just notice that sunrise/set times are out, for a start? Seriously, if you don't get this, I think you are at the wrong place.

-->So why, then, did the U.K. Independent run the story? And if the official story is true, that it's a result of polar ice caps melting, is that not a massive problem that we need to be very concerned about? Precisely the point of my video, there are big changes afoot that people should be aware of, one of which is global warming and the polar ice caps melting. So honestly, that story supports what I'm saying either way.

And that is the first point you raise, without any citation whatsoever?

-->Here you go: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1346936/The-sun-rises-days-early-Greenland-sparking-fears-climate-change-accelerating.html

Thanks for proving my point, and I will read no further. You are wasting this forum's time, and it looks an awful lot like spam.

"Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant."

So why exactly do they only say that earthquakes of magnitude of 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant? If they really want to clear things up, why don't the say "earthquake activity overall has remained fairly constant".

I'm perfectly willing to accept that there is no overall rise in earthquakes. Even leaving this out, there is more than enough evidence showing that something strange is in fact going on. How about the 800% increase in the movement of magnetic north? That isn't worth noting to you? But back to the earthquakes, there is in fact evidence that there is a notable rise in activity, factoring in the increased numbers of seismographs. I realize you will probably doubt their findings because it isn't the USGS, but feel free to point out where specifically they got their numbers wrong.:

http://www.earth.webecs.co.uk/

"Trends since 1986

For example, between 1986 and 1996 (incl), a period of 11 years, there were "just" 15 earthquakes listed by USGS of magnitude 7.0 or greater. This is not markedly different (albeit a slight decrease) from previous (similar periods) of 20th century, where an average of about 18 might be expected.

But between 1997 and 2007 (incl), a period of only 11 years, there were 99 earthquakes with magnitude 7.0 or greater : This is more than a six-fold increase on the previous similar period - and is a stark increase on any earlier decades in 20th century too."

Speaking of cherry picking, you don't seem too interested in even touching on any of the other evidence I cited, while simultaneously asserting that I'm not citing any evidence. Interesting!

I dont find anything scary. Just another post trying in vain to make us believe something is about to happen. Ok, I lie, I do find something scary. I find it scary that there are people out there who actually believe this :)

Feel free to actually further the discussion by addressing the evidence cited, rather than simply making smart-ass comments! :)

Since the system won't allow me to provide all of the links because it says it's "too much media", here is the list of strange things occurring around the world that is posted below the You Tube video itself, minus the links...So if this isn't "cited evidence", what else would do it for you?

Change in magnetic north pole has airport scrambling:

Magnetic north moving at alarming rate:

Magnetic north moving into Siberia at the rate of 40 miles yer year:

Erratic sun behavior:

Presentation concluding that there has been a steady increase in solar storms over the past 139 years:

The sun rises two days early in Greenland:

Solar system approaching a denser region of space:

25 comets hit the sun in 10 days in December, 2010:

Weird clouds, some amazing images:

USDA outlines new growing regions/North pole moving (more evidence of global warming, whether or not it's caused by humans):

Excellent article discussing the problems with current global warming conclusions:

NASA satellite falls to Earth:

Galaxy 15 satellite, which went rogue for 8 months in 2011:

Earthquakes chart for 2000-2012 (notice an increase over the past several years):

600% rise in large earthquakes since 1997:

Snowy owls migrating southwards:

Strange sounds. I didn't include this as one of the bizarre things taking place, because it's a fairly recent phenomenon and not clear if the videos out there are even real. Despite the skepticism that they may be hoaxes (and some of the videos no doubt are) several accounts sound pretty authentic, including the recent event in Saskatoon in which the mayor's office was apparently flooded with calls from residents who heard the sound. Here's one girl's video recording of it:

Feel free to actually further the discussion by addressing the evidence cited, rather than simply making smart-ass comments! :)

I would if there was anything rational to comment on. :)

I think Chrizs has covered everything perfectly :)

If they really want to clear things up, why don't the say "earthquake activity overall has remained fairly constant".

Because they, like me, figure that the reader might have near average reading comprehension and would have easily understood the bit that said:

This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. In 1931, there were about 350 stations operating in the world; today, there are more than 8,000 stations

..so, you still don't get it? Just read the words v e r y s l o w l y perhaps?

As for cherry picking, ask yourself why your end-of-times website, the one reporting the 6-fold increase, picked the 11-year period, and the specific date ranges it used, to get those numbers. Here's twenty seconds of think music..

But I'm afraid it is even WORSE than that. That website, and YOU for quoting it, are COMPLETELY BUSTED. Read on..

Because that website you quoted is LYING. Those numbers looked odd, so I CHECKED them - yes, the one thing that doomsday believers don't ever want you to do. If you simply follow the links back to where he sourced the data, you will IMMEDIATELY see why the figures are wrong.

The source for the numbers, and his alleged six-fold increase, is this page:

USGS - List of earthquakes of HISTORICAL INTEREST

Now READ the very top line. I quote:

Selected earthquakes of general historic interest.

Yes, Gabriel, this isn't a list of all earthquakes >=7.0 - those are SELECTED earthquakes, picked out largely on the basis of their effect on humanity. It is NOT, I repeat NOT a full list of earthquakes as that website, and you, would have us believe.

For comparison, here is (part of) the data that SHOULD have been used - note that the actual number of +7 earthquakes for 1997 to 2007 is actually 161, not 99 as that ludicrous website claims. I'll leave it to the reader to go back and check the actual figures for 1986 to 1996, but I'll guarantee you won't be seeing that 6-fold increase.

Gabriel, that is a very clear case of misleading the forum. Maybe it wasn't deliberate on your part, but it demonstrates EXACTLY what I was saying about how this sort of stuff is falsely presented - so 'thanks' for the perfect example of how easy it is for garbage websites like that to deceive the gullible and ill-informed.

But frankly, I'm not impressed by wasting my time uncovering that website's deceit (or complete incompetence). I expect a full explanation from you, and perhaps you might like to apologise..

As for you moving on to a myriad of other topics.. folks here are VERY familiar with that tinfoilhat tactic, and it won't wash. You haven't even gone back to the Greenland rubbish, and you expect to be allowed to move onto lots of other topics? You don't think we KNOW why you wish to move on quickly? If you move fast, sometimes facts like the earthquake DECEPTION you tried to pull off above won't be noticed, and another deceit will slip through..

Nice try, but ... FAIL

Thanks, EnglishGent - it may not have been perfect before, but after the above it's getting close.

Gabriel's got sum 'splainin' to do.

Edited by Chrlzs

I would if there was anything rational to comment on. :)

Suit yourself. My point here isn't "the world is going to end on December 21st, 2012." My point is that there are strange things going on around the world, outside the norm, and as presented in the lecture that I repeatedly cite, this may be a result of our solar system currently entering a new region of space. I've given a crap load of evidence from a huge variety of sources to support that claim, or that at least deserve some serious consideration, imo. So the magnetic pole has increased its movement by 800%, and that isn't rational evidence? Wildlife experts are saying that snowy owl migrations are "unbelievable" and that isn't rational evidence? Astronomers are saying the sun is acting "a bit strange" and that isn't rational evidence? As far as I'm concerned, you guys are flat-earthers, unwilling to even consider a scenario that challenges your currently held beliefs about the universe. Too bad, could have been an interesting discussion!

I am more than willing to concede that that that earthquake site may be rubbish. There was no "deception" or "misleading the forum". If you did more follow-up on that than I did then good for you. I spent enough time as it was with all of the OTHER EVIDENCE that everyone is ignoring, and don't want to spend all day online. Yes, I just did a quick search on that. So touche.

Yet why is no one willing to address any of the other SEVERAL DOZEN issues mentioned above?

And no, I did not "move on quickly" from the Greenland issue, I posted the direct link above. Here it is AGAIN from The Daily Mail in the UK:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1346936/The-sun-rises-days-early-Greenland-sparking-fears-climate-change-accelerating.html

Let's say for the sake of argument that earthquakes have been absolutely consistent and there is no evidence of a rise in either earthquake or volcanic activity. If you want to call that "moving on quickly" go ahead. I'll call it reasonably conceding a point, in particular because that's all anyone is commenting on here, as if that is my one piece of evidence. So how about taking a glance at all of the other stuff cited above? And what's your take on the Greenland article, now that (hopefully) you've seen the link and can read it for yourself? Is it a result of global warming as stated? If so, isn't the melting of the ice caps that rapidly an incredibly alarming development that threatens the future of the planet? In other words....things aren't perfectly normal around here? (Which is my point.)

And for those who are averse to clicking links:

The sun rises two days early in Greenland, sparking fears that climate change is accelerating

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 4:29 PM on 14th January 2011

Comments (259)

The sun over Greenland has risen two days early, baffling scientists and sparking fears that Arctic icecaps are melting faster than previously thought.

Experts say the sun should have risen over the Arctic nation's most westerly town, Ilulissat, yesterday, ending a month-and-a-half of winter darkness.

But for the first time in history light began creeping over the horizon at around 1pm on Tuesday - 48 hours ahead of the usual date of 13 January.

The mysterious sunrise has confused scientists, although it is believed the most likely explanation is that it is down to the lower height of melting icecaps allowing the sun's light to penetrate through earlier.

Climate change? The sun rose in Ilulissat, Greenland, two days early on Tuesday, ending a month-and-a-half of winter darkness. One theory is that melting ice caps have lowered the horizon allowing the sun to shine through earlier

Thomas Posch, of the Institute for Astronomy of the University of Vienna, said that a local change of the horizon was 'by far the most obvious explanation'.

He said as the ice sinks, so to does the horizon, creating the illusion that the sun has risen early.

Earth is ‘twice as dusty’ now as it was 100 years ago

MICHAEL HANLON: So did 2010 break the global warming record?

This theory, based on the gradual decline of Greenland's ice sheet, is backed by recent climate studies.

A report by the World Meteorology Organisation shows that temperatures in Greenland have risen around 3C above average over the last year.

It also reported that December was much warmer than usual with rainfall instead of snow recorded for the first time in Kuujjuaq since records began.

Low horizon: The fishing town of Ilulissat is Greenland's most westerly habitation. Temperatures in Greenland have risen 3C above average over the last year

It has even been suggested that the sun's early appearance could have an astronomical explanation.

But Wolfgang Lenhardt, director of the department of geophysics at the Central Institute for Meteorology in Vienna, scotched this theory.

He said: 'The constellation of the stars has not changed. If that had happened, there would have been an outcry around the world.

'The data of the Earth's axis and Earth's rotation are monitored continuously and meticulously and we would know if that had happened.'

Suit yourself. My point here isn't "the world is going to end on December 21st, 2012." My point is that there are strange things going on around the world, outside the norm, and as presented in the lecture that I repeatedly cite, this may be a result of our solar system currently entering a new region of space. I've given a crap load of evidence from a huge variety of sources to support that claim, or that at least deserve some serious consideration, imo. So the magnetic pole has increased its movement by 800%, and that isn't rational evidence? Wildlife experts are saying that snowy owl migrations are "unbelievable" and that isn't rational evidence? Astronomers are saying the sun is acting "a bit strange" and that isn't rational evidence? As far as I'm concerned, you guys are flat-earthers, unwilling to even consider a scenario that challenges your currently held beliefs about the universe. Too bad, could have been an interesting discussion!

Nothing you have quoted causes me any concern. I dont consider myself to be a flat-earther as I really do believe that the earth is round....honestly.:)

What you have quoted is all natural. Snowy owls migrating in large numbers?. Yes, birds tend to do this and they do it for a reason. The times of migrations have changed throughout history. Nothing unsual about it.

Astronomers are still learning about the sun and whenever they find something new or unsual it doesnt mean it is something new. They just have not noticed it before and are doing so now probably due to new instrumentation becoming available.

The magnetic pole has shifted many times during the earth's history and it is no surprise that there is a slight shift now. it is about 10,000 years overdue anyway.

As for the sun rising two days early in Greenland, as soon as you quoted the Daily Mail it sent alarm bells ringing. There is not a lot that that paper gets right. They scaremonger in order to sell papers.

You say I am unwilling to consider anything that challenges my current beliefs? Show me proper evidence from a respected source and I will reconsider my opinions.

Show me rubbish and that is what I will continue to call it.

Yes, things are changing on this planet (which is round still) but nothing that I can see that is not in the normal life cycle of this planet. I little more research on your part and you might discover this yourself.

edit, typo :)

Edited by Englishgent

The North Pole has always been wandering and will continue to do so.

True but the acceleration level havee increased dramatically in recent years.

Also the magnetic field intensity has decreased.

Something is going on with out magnetic field.

But something to worry about? No, not at all.

The magnetic pole has shifted many times during the earth's history and it is no surprise that there is a slight shift now. it is about 10,000 years overdue anyway.

If you want to use interval based predictions its more like 500.000 years.

But no one can safely say if we are overdue, given interval predeictions are not reliable.

If you want to use interval based predictions its more like 500.000 years.

But no one can safely say if we are overdue, given interval predeictions are not reliable.

Thank you BFB for that info, I was going from distant memory. It is overdue anyway. and got it a few years out.

By the way,,,,,Tomorrow's the day. I have already turned my compass round in readiness :)