Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]China: section of the Yangtze River turns red

Still Waters

A section of the Yangtze River in Chongqing, China, has turned bright red. The cause is still being investigated, but officials say it may have been caused by recent floods stirring up silt upstream. The Environmental Protection Bureau is also looking into potential industrial pollution or sewage breaches.

http://www.telegraph...l?frame=2332151

10 Images

Beautiful City!! It does look alot like mud. Mark it up to another strange occurance for mother earth.

Seems like the past few years there have been a lot of strange occurrences.

omg its happening all over the world now ! its a warning .. something is coming !

My money is on pollutants, I don't think they have anything like an EPA or many laws/regulations regarding waste disposal, though I could be wrong.

Edited by Socio

My money would be on a pollutant. Mud could be the cause but China has a history of dumping pollutants. I will generally go with a historical problem caused by man, especially since it happened near a large industrial district. Strict regulations are needed, perhaps those regulations would force Chinese companies to charge more for their products and bring some jobs back to back to the U.S.

Seas turning red, earthquakes, strange sounds being heard, more ufo sightings, massive storms. SOMETHING is gonna happen soon.

Mmm Red Bull!

• Like 1

Mmm Red Bull!

Lol,

'Its a sign, somthing is going to happen soon'... Sounds more like Red Bull*hit to me. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

I suppose the religious crowd and the 2012 bunch are busy digging their bunkers as we speak.....

Just wait until the water starts turning blue then we will know for sure something is wrong.

The renown river - known as "the golden waterway" - in south-western China suddenly turned blood-red at the weekend.

The polluted water is mostly concentrated around the industrial city of Chongquing, but has been reported in several other locations.

Reports suggest industrial pollution in silt churned up by recent floods is being blamed by Chinese officials for the discolouration.

The Yangtze is regarded as being too fast-flowing and large to generate a "red tide" effect associated with bacteria infestations of low-oxygen ponds.

An industrial dye used in firework wrappers was blamed when another Chinese river, the Jian, turned red last year

LINK

884493-yangtze.jpg

The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. -Revelation 16:4

*Knocks fist on proverbial baked brain of Chinese Govt*.

"Knock, knock hello?, anybody home?" No? Didn't think so, cos if you were you would clean up your back yard and stop allowing douche's to build factories in areas where leakage could threaten your main waterways.

Oh, and yeah "it's the apocolypse" at least for everything living in that river, how sad.

Edited by libstaK

Got to love the sensationalism " River of Blood " ........

How about water has turned red , unless of course the water has turned to blood , then I will take note :P

My guess is gross polution or maybe algae .

TiP.

I hope it's just silt and not a pollutant... It is actualy the exact same color as Campbell's Tomato soup. Add some fishy crackers and it would look delicous! LOL

• 6 months later...

Seas turning red, earthquakes, strange sounds being heard, more ufo sightings, massive storms. SOMETHING is gonna happen soon.

That stuff happens EVERY year. Nothing special ever happens.