Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Boy charged for posting fight video


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16    Drayno

Drayno

    Reverend Dudemeister

  • Member
  • 3,675 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 30 December 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Well, kids today are stupid.

Amen.. x2

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#17    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,184 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostJGirl, on 30 December 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

my guess is that they don't know how to be kids. the way things go in this generation it seems they never get a chance to.

Yeah, and so sad.


#18    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,138 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Social media can be used in many ways. One to deffend and one to attack. I think it`s up to the ones that act on such that should be responsible as well as the one if posting in hate or a bully manor.  I think bullies are on the fall as social media and social behaviour adjusts to this.  It is just not going to be glorified anymore. The bully has now becaome the victim of it's own desighn. They either stop or someone will stop them in the near future. Lets stand together against them as we as a sociaty are doing and we can win the fight with out throwing a single punch.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#19    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,138 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

View Postpallidin, on 30 December 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

Yeah, and so sad.

I'm 40 and wow have times changed since I was 14. Kids now are only kids till they get the interwebs. Then the gates are open. Parents of this generation are already behind when it comes to there kids and the crap that goes on in and out of school. Looking up how to care for my hamster is so different now.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#20    Drayno

Drayno

    Reverend Dudemeister

  • Member
  • 3,675 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 30 December 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

I'm 40 and wow have times changed since I was 14. Kids now are only kids till they get the interwebs. Then the gates are open. Parents of this generation are already behind when it comes to there kids and the crap that goes on in and out of school. Looking up how to care for my hamster is so different now.

It's easy to parent a child of this generation if you have a computer.
  • Take child
  • Place in front of computer
  • Computer babysits child


"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#21    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,138 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

View PostEonwe, on 30 December 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

It's easy to parent a child of this generation if you have a computer.
  • Take child
  • Place in front of computer
  • Computer babysits child

It is going to be a learning curve and not a smooth one. I was 22 when I first got the net and wow did it change me. Today I take the net as a loosly based learning tool.  I we or me of this age transfer learning from people to the net we wind up with so many conflictinig crap that there is no longer a right answer but what the net says. Is the net bad, no absalutletly not. What we have to do is and will happen is propper education to the kids on how to use it.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#22    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,138 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

Have to add. If this vid as posted was used to harm an indivilual on purpose yes pres charges.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#23    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,705 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Well, I had my 13 year old daughter read the article.  She said that yes, if the guy didn't have the guts to stop the fight, and filmed it to post it on the web, then yes, he should be charged.  So, from one teenager, that is her opinion.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#24    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • CHAMP20NS

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

There was a craze a few years ago of youths randomly hitting people and videoing it for youtube..happy slapping I think it was called..but .videoing someone getting bullied and then using it to gloat and invite more bullying online, you got to understand thats wrong and so pay the penalty, no sympathy castrate the little bugger (only joking)


#25    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Joined:06 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Coast

  • Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Seriously teach kids how to deal with this crap not go out and arrest everybody who makes people feel bad.  Stopping the fight was more then likely not in option in his mind because most schools have a no tolerance for violence policy(even if off the school property). Meaning people who interfere in the fight themselves also usually get in trouble or the fact that he was guy and they were girls so again another thing that would of made it look bad for him if he interfered. Not to mention the whole stigma of being a rat. Posting it would of made it known with proof instead of just a rumor. Not everybody has the confidence to go against the crowd especially when there is a fight involved.


#26    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,395 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Well, bullying is certainly nothing new, but look at all the new tools they get to use.


#27    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,705 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 30 December 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

Seriously teach kids how to deal with this crap not go out and arrest everybody who makes people feel bad.  Stopping the fight was more then likely not in option in his mind because most schools have a no tolerance for violence policy(even if off the school property). Meaning people who interfere in the fight themselves also usually get in trouble or the fact that he was guy and they were girls so again another thing that would of made it look bad for him if he interfered. Not to mention the whole stigma of being a rat. Posting it would of made it known with proof instead of just a rumor. Not everybody has the confidence to go against the crowd especially when there is a fight involved.
And that is something that needs to be changed.  It is not ratting someone out, but it could be saving someone's life.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#28    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,715 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

"the girls in the video was being cyberbullied." correct me if I'm wrong but should that not be "were being cyberbullied". Sub standard Internet reporting as usual if so.

On the subject I hope he learnt a lesson. Lessons are so hard to teach these days without someone getting sued for something instead of simply taking responsibility.

A lot of the suicides were mainly because the child was simply immature. Not saying that as a negative thing, a child is a child. But these days you have children performing sexual intercourse and exposed to an oversexualised society. We have children performing such acts before the have developed the maturity to make an informed decision.

You let your children get a Facebook and scour the Internet without any restrictions and yes, they will be exposed to these things however with an underdeveloped and immature mind.

You wouldn't let your child into a strip club would you? The Internet in the eyes of parents is a bit more serious than they think. If you're being bullied online, just get off the computer.


#29    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,705 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 31 December 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

"the girls in the video was being cyberbullied." correct me if I'm wrong but should that not be "were being cyberbullied". Sub standard Internet reporting as usual if so.

On the subject I hope he learnt a lesson. Lessons are so hard to teach these days without someone getting sued for something instead of simply taking responsibility.

A lot of the suicides were mainly because the child was simply immature. Not saying that as a negative thing, a child is a child. But these days you have children performing sexual intercourse and exposed to an oversexualised society. We have children performing such acts before the have developed the maturity to make an informed decision.

You let your children get a Facebook and scour the Internet without any restrictions and yes, they will be exposed to these things however with an underdeveloped and immature mind.

You wouldn't let your child into a strip club would you? The Internet in the eyes of parents is a bit more serious than they think. If you're being bullied online, just get off the computer.
It was supposed be one of the girls was being cyberbullied....and, yes, that is why I monitor what my daughter does on the internet.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#30    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Joined:06 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Coast

  • Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 31 December 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

And that is something that needs to be changed.  It is not ratting someone out, but it could be saving someone's life.

It needs to change but that doesn't change the fact the stigma will most likely always be there. There is a reason we have witness protection as adults. Bullying :)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users