Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sandy Hook Chorus

Drayno

http://www.nbcconnec...9116711.html?dr

The chorus from Sandy Hook Elementary School will sing "America the Beautiful" before Sunday's Super Bowl between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens.

The chorus features 26 children from Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., where 20 first-graders and six adults were killed in a Dec. 14 shooting rampage.

The performance will be part of CBS's pre-game show, and will be broadcast live. Alicia Keys will sing the national anthem.

'There was no choir.' -Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theorist

Joking of course, to add a little humor to a still tragic story.

Seems like a weird way to get publicity off of the shooting (looking at CBS).

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 4

Why?

To keep this disaster fresh in peoples minds? Surely people don't want to be reminded about some sicko killing children before a superbowl game?

• Like 6

Why?

To keep this disaster fresh in peoples minds? Surely people don't want to be reminded about some sicko killing children before a superbowl game?

to keep peoples attention on guns, of course.

what is better way to brainwash ppl to support his gun control crap.

• Like 6

I can understand wanting to console children after such a horrific and terrible tragedy..

I just don't know how propelling the children in front of the entire nation - after they've been at the front of the entire nation, will help.

I'm sure these kids have lovely voices, and their courage is definitely beyond what mine was as a child..

But, to me personally, I'm not sure if this is an opportunity for the children, or a propaganda tool.

• Like 6

I thought they didnt want the publicity. Oh well guess its hard for them to avoid.

Now it stinks of a Propaganda push by the Government for there Gun Ban agenda. Poor Kids.

But I do hope they rock the house !!

• Like 5

One side blames the gun and the other blame violent video games when it lack of mental health care and ignoring a person with problems hoping it will go away or they won't do the worst.

I do get the feeling these children are being used but I wish them the best and I'm sure they will do a great job.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 5

One side blames the gun and the other blame violent video games when it lack of mental health care and ignoring a person with problems hoping it will go away or they won't do the worst.

I do get the feeling these children are being used but I wish them the best and I'm sure they will do a great job.

I couldn't agree with this any more.

• Like 1

Using thess children I have a huge problem with. I do assume money is changing hands as well and during a super bowl event that number is usually significant. Can we elevate this to profiting off these childrens tragedy ? whos profiting ?

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 2

This GOV is going to milk it for everything they can. And the Super Bowl sponsors are just as willing to give it to them the best they can deliver.

• Like 3

Using thess children I have a huge problem with. I do assume money is changing hands as well and during a super bowl event that number is usually significant. Can we elevate this to profiting off these childrens tragedy ? whos profiting ?

I wouldn't be surprised if Vegas has a number of odds playing on the choir.

It's a sick world. And it keeps getting sicker the more the GOV interferes.

• Like 2

Nobody seems to remenber the 9/11 Never Forget BS that justified two violent and pointless wars and numerous violations of the peoples rights. But nooo Obama is on the other side so anything he does is setting the stage for a dictatorship.

• Like 1

This GOV is going to milk it for everything they can. And the Super Bowl sponsors are just as willing to give it to them the best they can deliver.

Exactly right. This is part of the process of burning into the public perception the myth of Sandy Hook School.

Rather like making the movie Let's Roll reinforced the myth of Flight 93, and Zero Dark Thirty reinforces the myth of killing bin Laden. Repeat a lie frequently enough, make a movie about it, and the gullible have it reinforced in their minds.

Now it appears that in March of 2011, Bing Earth pictures show that Sandy Hook Elementary was not even open. :cry:

• Like 1

Regardless of where one stands on the gun control issue, this is so incredibly...

...tacky.

We tune in to Football to spend a few hours away from politics.

I've already sent a message to the NFL expressing my opinion of this. You can do the same:

NFL Fax - 212 - 681 - 7599

NFL Phone - 212 - 450 - 2000

• Like 3

I don't get involved in conversations about this tragedy much anymore.

I don't know if this is a Government propaganda tool to keep the gun control conversation going or if it is just big media and business using it to get attention and thus viewers...either way, it smacks of exploitation to me.

I think the children and the families need to have the opportunity to go through the various stages of grief before they are paraded in front of the nation like a side show display...

just my opinion though...

• Like 3

If you call that number it isnt even answered by an American. Outsourced. What a joke weve become.

• Like 3

Grammy award-winning recording artist Jennifer Hudson will join the 26 students from Sandy Hook Elementary School in singing America the Beautiful during the Super Bowl XLVII pregame show on Sunday, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Thursday.

It will be the second poignant Super Bowl pregame performance from Hudson, who performed the National Anthem before Super Bowl XLIII in what was her first public appearance after her estranged brother-in-law murdered her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew.

The NFL invited the students to sing a little more than a month after 26 children and faculty members were killed in the tragic mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

The league is flying the students and their families to New Orleans later this week in advance of the performance, which will be broadcast live on CBS shortly before Alicia Keys performs the National Anthem.

The gesture will cap a season in which the league lent its support to the Newtown community via "S.H.E.S." stickers on helmets, personal messages on cleats and gloves, moments of silence before games and charitable donations for relief causes, as well other means of emotional support.

The New York Giants welcomed students and families onto the field during their pre game introductions before their Week 17 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. http://www.freep.com...Entertainment|p

This is awful.. I can't believe the NFL would want to organise something like this in memory of those children who were blown away a month after it happened??.. AND WORSE the NFL are flying the children in to sing with Jennifer Hudson.. Sigh It's a terrible thing.. and WORSE again, the New York Giants welcomed these children with their families.. Has everyone gone bonkers? The NFL are lefties.. To make people show some support out of respect is plain low.. Lefies the lot of them ...Its a conspiracy.. to make you show support and remember those kids, the NFL are realy part of the anti gun club...Everyone should run out at half time to protest.. It's enough to put you off your hot dog.... *Shudders*

No one has ever shown any support or out of respect of any tragedy before in any sports stadium ...ever ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Mom

That's how tacky american society is--we like to gawk and commiserate in public.

Once we are told a story, we like to repeat it ad nauseam, and wallow in it like hogs, NFL and all. But at least the story, true or not, will be seared into the american psyche and the quaint history books. Someday they will make a movie of it, probably with Bigelow in charge. She laps up the propaganda quite well. :innocent:

This is awful.. I can't believe the NFL would want to organise something like this in memory of those children who were blown away a month after it happened??.. AND WORSE the NFL are flying the children in to sing with Jennifer Hudson.. Sigh It's a terrible thing.. and WORSE again, the New York Giants welcomed these children with their families.. Has everyone gone bonkers? The NFL are lefties.. To make people show some support out of respect is plain low.. Lefies the lot of them ...Its a conspiracy.. to make you show support and remember those kids, the NFL are realy part of the anti gun club...Everyone should run out at half time to protest.. It's enough to put you off your hot dog.... *Shudders*

No one has ever shown any support or out of respect of any tragedy before in any sports stadium ...ever ...

The level of money changing hands is more then all of the people on this board will make this year Becky. Thats the disgusting part. The families are now in profit mode off there tragedy. All my sense of care over the event is gone because of things like this. My sympathy is only with those that lost there lives not the living.

• Like 1

Nice post Becky's Mom...

lo50bd599c.jpg

vf503d1e89.gif

I think it's exploitation... but you, obviously from behind your sarcasm...think it's a great idea to turn them into sideshow freaks...whatever...I disagree. Has nothing to do with whether I think it was a Gov conspiracy or just big business using them. My post above explains it...they need to be left alone to grieve...and even they might not realize that...but ask any psychologist.

• Like 1

It is possible that no children died Asteroid, so maybe you could take solace in that possibility? I'm still undecided, but the longer it goes the thinner the ice gets.

Mom

That's how tacky american society is--we like to gawk and commiserate in public.

Once we are told a story, we like to repeat it ad nauseam, and wallow in it like hogs, NFL and all. But at least the story, true or not, will be seared into the american psyche and the quaint history books. Someday they will make a movie of it, probably with Bigelow in charge. She laps up the propaganda quite well. :innocent:

Its shocking, the NFL doing this, organising such a thing with those kids from that school and their families a few weeks after it all happened.. They have to be lefties.. NFL = National Federation Lefies .. Anyone that goes to watch the superbowl is supporting the lefties ... Once that Superbowl takes place, that's it, y'all might loose your rights to own guns.. In the words of Rev Lovejoys wife from the Simpsons - "Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children" ... ..Wait that is what they are doing... never mind.. It's all too crazy..

...think it's a great idea to turn them into sideshow freaks..

That's exactly what it does... Those children singing a song in memory of their fellow students, would be one great big freak show.. I swear, people should protest it and leave after half time OR not show up at all, that will show those NFL lefties what for.... This sort of thing has never went on in any football / sports stadium in history.. It will be another tragedy... In fact it will be so awful, that you all might need another service in memory of the Super bowl freak show..Perhaps gather a fund raiser - Money donated for the poor football fans that had to suffer watching a freak show of kids singing to remember their fellow school students ...All too terrible...

That's exactly what it does... Those children singing a song in memory of their fellow students, would be one great big freak show.. I swear, people should protest it and leave after half time OR not show up at all, that will show those NFL lefties what for.... This sort of thing has never went on in any football / sports stadium in history.. It will be another tragedy... In fact it will be so awful, that you all might need another service in memory of the Super bowl freak show..Perhaps gather a fund raiser - Money donated for the poor football fans that had to suffer watching a freak show of kids singing to remember their fellow school students ...All too terrible...

Heck, why not get them to perform at every NFL game. If I were a child that had seen 20 of my friends killed in cold blood i would want to be reminded of it every week, not just once on national tv & in front of 100,000 fans. Maybe if i get enough money in appearance fees i could be a career victim.

• Like 1