Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Preaching the Word

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1    odinsgrl

odinsgrl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

• And you're what? Shocked and disapointed? I'm evil.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:37 PM

Okay. I DO NOT want to start any sort of argument, about this post, this is a ligitamate question, for those who follow the Christian way of life.

I have always wondered, why "the word" needs to be spread so fevorishly?

I cannot say that there is probably anyone in the "civilized" world, that has not heard of Jesus. Do you not think that if they wanted to embrace the ways of a Christian, they would do it on thier own? That they would read the Bible, and come up with thier own interpritaions? Do you not think that by leading by example, (showing the love and care towards others and the Earth) would be more of a incentive for people to follow your faith?

I mean, I would love for others to understand that Pagans, and Wiccans are not "Evil", and to see that we, in fact, embrace the wonders of our planet and love all things that reside here, but you don't see Wiccans knocking on your door, saying, "Hi, have you heard about the Wiccan way of life, today?" I try to lead by example. I volunteer at hospices, and women's battery shelters. I give friends and  strangers an ear when they want to talk about something that is bothering them. I help clean up the roads and parks that are trashed.

Like I said, this post is a legitamate question, and I am in no way "bashing" or coming down on the Christians, (I used to be one), I just really would like to know.

Posted Image

"What are they?"
"Blue demons, eat Christians alive. You're not a Christian are you?!"
Bors-King Arthur

#2    Spirit

Spirit

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

• everything happens for a reason

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:22 PM

I think your absolutly right! I attended a catholic school for 11 years ( against my will) and was effectivly brainwashed by the priests and teachers there. I think leading by example would by a brilliant way to show faith, i mean, how many people actually do practice what they preach?  I know how you feel about people thinking that the wiccan way is evil, its completely ignorant. wicca is all about nature, not the devil!  I am a spiritualist and i have too many people telling me that what i believe is evil, you just gotta remember that until they stop being ignorant they can't comment!

Everything happens for a reason

#3    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:07 PM

I don't think we need this thread . We have plenty of "why" religious based threads allready ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users