Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Women Need AR-15 (Scary Looking Guns)

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#16    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

View Postand then, on 07 February 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

Actually an AR-15 is the ideal gun for a woman against one or more assailants trying to invade her home.  It can be fired accurately from the hip with minimum practice, can put multiple rounds on target with ease and is loud enough that only the most committed of intruders would continue once it is fired in their direction.  Recoil is almost nothing - sweet weapon.

Also very light weight.

#17    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,952 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

idk about assaul rifle, i think it is an overkill, but a small frame .38sp revolver on them (not in their bag) would definatly make them a lot less likely to be raped\assulted.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#18    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,952 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 07 February 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Also very light weight.
and also would go thru their house, and kill someone in the next one. ar\ak\fal\hk\m14...... are horoble choices for defence inside the house

RESIDENT TROLL.

#19    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

I don't need to 'scare' someone with my gun. It's meant for protection, I'll be firing it, that should be scary enough.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#20    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,952 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostHasina, on 07 February 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I'll be firing it, that should be scary enough.
if you do, make sure he dies befre he has a chance to get scared. but as statistics show, in vast majority of cases, presence of the gun alone, stops confrontation.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#21    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postaztek, on 07 February 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

if you do, make sure he dies befre he has a chance to get scared. but as statistics show, in vast majority of cases, presence of the gun alone, stops confrontation.
Break into my house and I'll start firing, I'm not gonna wave it around in the hopes that I can cast Fear with it like a Mage.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#22    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,952 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostHasina, on 07 February 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Break into my house and I'll start firing, I'm not gonna wave it around in the hopes that I can cast Fear with it like a Mage.
no objections there, fire away, however if someone follows you, on the street, they're very likely to turn around and run, if they see a gun in your hands pointed at them. you wont have to shoot. if they keep comming, that let them have it.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#23    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,370 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hearing the pump action on my shotgun is the fear factor of my home defense.   If that doesn't do the trick, the buckshot will.

And it's not just about the fear of the criminal.   Having an AR-15 in my hand in the event of a home invasion would inspire my confidence too.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#24    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,337 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

View Postaztek, on 07 February 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

no objections there, fire away, however if someone follows you, on the street, they're very likely to turn around and run, if they see a gun in your hands pointed at them. you wont have to shoot. if they keep comming, that let them have it.

This is why i like the idea of open carry,crime rates in some areas would drop drastically!Home defense shotgun best there is,anywhere defense 2 kimber 1911 45's with crimson trace laser grips! :)

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#25    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,952 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

i agree, nothing says stop, as strong as sound of shotgun being pumped

RESIDENT TROLL.

#26    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,370 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostHasina, on 07 February 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

I don't need to 'scare' someone with my gun. It's meant for protection, I'll be firing it, that should be scary enough.
You have to identify your target(s) to the extent that you don't just start firing, and wind up shooting someone you know or didn't mean to shoot.   And if they start returning fire with their guns then it'll be scary enough for you and your suddenly woefully inadequate firepower.   The point is, you're not going to be outgunned in a 5-on-1 situation with AR-15.   If you have 30 round magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammo ("What in the world would someone need that for?", the gun-fear liberals ask)  you can protect yourself in any scenario against even PCP or bath-salt goons with suppressing fire alone until the cops arrive.   If that doesn't provide peace of mind for you, then be relieved that Barack Obama and his bureaucrat horde is going to bestow how many bullets thou may safely place in thy magazine.  Because you're a threat to society when it crosses the magic line drawn by the bureau, and it could be a felony that puts you in a cage.   Sorry, but the fear factor is extremely relevant on both ends of the trigger.   A single girl and a pistol?  We've been through worse, some criminals will think.   They can handle you, easier than you think.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#27    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostStellar, on 07 February 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying its easy to aim from the hip... I really think that would be the worst idea, considering the strength of the round and concerns for overpenetration.

Not even the military fires it from the hip, even when doing room clearing.
strength of the round? Have you ever shot one? Just curious not looking to argue i promise. I own an equivalent aryan style rifle and the recoil is almost non existent. Honestly its a glorified .22 round. More powder yes. And a tiny bit more length to the projectile itself but the way they are set up they are very comfortable to shoot whether it be from the hip or shoulder.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#28    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,370 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

If the strength of the round was what mattered, we'd be banning every rifle in sight.    Ignorant gun-fear isn't going to win this legal argument.   Liberals, go rant about your heroes Obama, Biden and Clinton mass murdering "suspects" overseas and sustaining this moral hazard of terrorist attack on our country before daring to blab that law-abiding citizens (who happen to be highly-correlated to disagree with you politically) are somehow the problem.

Posted Image

#29    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,952 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

all it news now  is  receiver painted neon green, and purple glitter splashes.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#30    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,166 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

It doesn't take armed security guards, bullet proof doors and windows, background checks, or hundreds of gun laws to make a schools or work areas safe. All that is required is proper education and safety training that will make the household or schools much safer environment that they crave. They will understand that the firearms isn't something to be handling, they will not be toys in the eyes of children all ages but items that can cause serious injuries or even death, which will help reduce accidental deaths that are reported every year in households. As they get older, they will come to respect the firearms and know they are not something to be playing with.

Mainly it is up to the parents to see the overall gun safety training of their children if they are brought up in a environment that has multiple types of firearms. Parents should introduce their children to firearms as soon as they reach a certain age, properly around 5 to 10 years old, so they get a firm understand what a firearm is and what they are used for. When first introduce children to firearm, get them a BB gun which can be used to teach them the fundamentals to gun safety. Never should they let their children use a BB gun unless they are under supervision of one of the parents, thus firmly embedding the ideals of gun safety and understanding at a very early age. As they get older, introduce them to a wide variety of fire arms, thus giving them a much broader understand of firearms.

Instead of shielding children from firearms, they must introduce them at a early age and teach them what is appropriate when it comes to firearms. You could take a child who been around firearms all their life and set a firearm in front of them, they will never touch the gun without a parent permission. Now you take a child who never been around a firearms and set a firearm in front of them, they will automatically pick it up and start playing with it because they don't understand what it is. Until parents and politicians understand this, there will be many sandy hook situations because the children just don't understand.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 08 February 2013 - 02:13 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users