Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO's in SF

g00dfella

SAN FRANCISCOicon1.png (CBS 5) – A viewer told CBS 5 about some surprising video captured early Sunday morning in San Francisco’s Mission District.

In the video, a series of lights fly in formation above the city before appearing to take a diamond shape and eventually disappearing.

Several commenters on the Mission Mission blog said that they had also noticed the aircraft.

The video, which shows seven lights in a row, was shot by Enrique Barrios with his cellphone.

“Looked like flame, you know, fireballs in the sky,” Barrios said in an interview with CBS 5.

David Shelley took pictures as the lights hovered over him early Sunday Morning. “Kind of looked like a fiery, floaty thing,” he said.

Witnesses said the lights flickered on and off, then took different shapes.

“So in the beginning they looked like flying candles, and then afterwards they started making formations, triangular formations,” said Barrios.

Bing Quock, assistant director of the Morrison Planetarium at the California Academy of Sciences said, “It’s not a planet, it’s not a constellation, it’s not meteors, it’s not the moon.”

Quock said there is a plausible explanation. “It looks to me like it could have been balloons, carrying lights,” he said.

When asked if it could be some alien starship, Quock said, “That would not be my first guess, no.”

“I am 100 percent sure this was a UFO,” Barrios said. But he admitted having a little Christmas cheer the night he took the video.

“Absolutely, tequila was maybe an influence here,” he said, laughing.

CBS 5 contacted federal aviation officials, and they said they have received no reports of strange lights in the sky, and aren’t sure what the aircraft spotted in the video is. So for now, the flying objects remain unidentified.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/12/10/unexplained-light-formation-spotted-above-sf-mission/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amerix

• g00dfella

• Sweetpumper

• Sakari

to fast to be balloons.......

I know, the video is sped up.

Balloons will coast the same speed as the wind, so you can't say "too fast to be balloons" since balloons can be still, or drift up to 40-50 miles an hour depending on the speed of the wind.

Can't tell what it is, video isn't good enough quality.

Balloons will coast the same speed as the wind, so you can't say "too fast to be balloons" since balloons can be still, or drift up to 40-50 miles an hour depending on the speed of the wind.

Doesn't explain them changing formations, if the wind pushes them one direction then they should all move in that direction...

Doesn't explain them changing formations, if the wind pushes them one direction then they should all move in that direction...

Unless they're caught in a wind box.

Plasma flares.

canadian snowbirds :whistle:

A ship out at sea.

:innocent:

• Like 1

Chinese lanterns; always look for the prosaic explanation first. That's what Jim O taught me.

Chinese lanterns; always look for the prosaic explanation first. That's what Jim O taught me.

That should just be common sense.

I'm guessing these are chinese laterns tied together myself..looks like the lights flicker...I see about 7-8 of them, thinking its Haunakah related...

Have you ever had to work with wind patterns? I have. They are similar to water current. Just because you see it flowing in one direction, doesn't mean there is no under current ready to pull you in a different one.

Have you ever had to work with wind patterns? I have. They are similar to water current. Just because you see it flowing in one direction, doesn't mean there is no under current ready to pull you in a different one.

The obejects seem too close together for that to happen..

I know, the video is sped up.

You do not know me very well :)

I changed the font on my reply ( quoted above ) to red......I was being a smart ass...... :blush:

The obejects seem too close together for that to happen..

How do you know? You can barely even make out the "objects" in the video. Balloons sounds like a much more likely scenario than little green men from mars joy riding all bunched up in the sky.

Observe the following video. Balloons drifting in the sky, some appearing to go faster, and in different direction from the others. Now tell me again it can't happen.

Observe the following video. Balloons drifting in the sky, some appearing to go faster, and in different direction from the others. Now tell me again it can't happen.

[media=]

[/media]

Exactly, those balloons dont act like the ones on the video...who said anything about green men anyway?

You like to make a lot of assumptions..so your best guess is balloons with LED's in them then?