Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sometimes vigilantes are a good thing...

Mad Manfred

I'm sorry I can't find the news article...its breaking news I just saw on the tellie.

A few months ago, after that kitten was beaten at that train station, a teenager set another kitten on fire in a copycat style attack.

The kitten lived and the kid was arrested.

Today he has gotten off with six months community service.

If you live in Australia you know what that means...he walks away scot free angry.gif

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• jack0fhearts

• warden

• Talon

Here in the States a Firemen proposed a law to allow hunting of all cats with out collars or identification.

The man has has death threats at his home and at work.

Says all he wanted was to stop cats from getting in his Garbage.

You don't mess with CAT LOVERS! no.gif

Just give me the word, and I would completely ruin a cat terrorist's life.

We have one cat now. His name is Sniper. We named him Sniper because when he was a kitten he used to hide in the shadows and attack ankles without provocation.

Some people left him in a box as a newly weaned kitten at the grocery store. On the side of the box it said, "Free Kitten".

At the same time that I am p***ed at the people that left him out there to fend for himself, I'm also grateful to them because Snipe is now a member of the family, and a beloved member at that.

He's the coolest cat in the world. My buddy. And when my wife brought him home, I said, "Oh no....seriously...we don't need this." But as soon as I held the little guy, I was hooked. And still am.

Thats so sad..I love cats..I dont see how humans can hurt animals..of any kind..I say the punishment should fit the crime..Im gonna cry..I have alot of cats..and they are like a part of my family..

Give the teenager a break and a bit of redirection, if he/she gets more of this crap then it's definitely not gonna help.

They're coming for Sniper next!

Controlled vigilantism would help as it could do in days more than the courts do in decades.

Give the teenager a break and a bit of redirection, if he/she gets more of this crap then it's definitely not gonna help.

527609[/snapback]

What do you mean by "give him a break"?

He set a KITTEN on FIRE. The little psycho (about 17 by the looks of him) needs to have his balls removed with a rusty butterknife.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

There's a country that cats was almost an endangered specie. Why ?

It's a delicacies. sorry to say this. (pardon cats lovers) sad.gif

The Vietnamese over here have stores with "dried cats legs" hanging in the window...they look like dried apricots...I feel like throwing a trash can through it angry.gif

I'm sorry I can't find the news article...its breaking news I just saw on the tellie.

A few months ago, after that kitten was beaten at that train station, a teenager set another kitten on fire in a copycat style attack.

If you live in Australia you know what that means...he walks away scot free  angry.gif

527449[/snapback]

Same in our country ,but he thats the law

I read an article by a journalist who went to China on some story, and she asked her guide if they could go to a market on her day off. The guy took her to a place were there were lots of caged animals (at which point I saw the end of this story comming a mile off) and she said they took out a cat and began stroking it as they talked to the guide. And as she reached out to stroke it they suddenly pulled out an buters knife and cuts its head off. She then said the seller and the guide started laughing she she began throwing up.

527609[/snapback]

What do you mean by "give him a break"?

He set a KITTEN on FIRE. The little psycho (about 17 by the looks of him) needs to have his balls removed with a rusty butterknife.

527671[/snapback]

First off, he's only flippin 17!

It's not like we all were raised by the most compatible parents, hung out in the most sensible cliques!

A dang cat is a cat, technically we should be grateful that it wasn't a person - the problems in this teenager's life seem to be so suppressed that this was probably his only means of getting attention of an outburst sos!

kerkido, I had three paragraphs of rebuttal...but I decided to remove them for sanity sake and I have a feeling it would be a futile effort.

So, all I'm going to do is give you a no.gif

Not especcially passionate about my 17 year old client here, I hoped a few words here and there would be able to spell self-explanatory

Kerkido, don't make me hit you tongue.gif

First off, he's only flippin 17!

Exactly...he's almost a grown man. If he were 12, maybe 14 at the absolute oldest, I could perhaps accept that this peice of crap didn't fully understand the implications of what he was doing...but as is, I don't.

It's not like we all were raised by the most compatible parents, hung out in the most sensible cliques!

I agree, many of us weren't...but that doesn't give anyone an excuse to do something like this. This cretin consciously, and deliberately, tried to kill a living creature, most likely simply for fun. At the age of 17, he should be well past the stage where he doesn't know what he's doing...people like this are you future armed robbers, burglars, muggers, and rapists.

A dang cat is a cat, technically we should be grateful that it wasn't a person

Your lack of compassion for other living creatures offends me...

the problems in this teenager's life seem to be so suppressed that this was probably his only means of getting attention of an outburst sos!

The problem with this teenager's life is that he's still breathing. Not only was he able to do something like this, but his slap on the wrists sentance has simply sent him and other psychopaths the message that they can get away with it. This human turd gets a kick now out of trying to kill animals...how long do you honestly think it'll be before he takes a step up onto the people you're so concerned about?

I say set him on fire.

I agree with Sera people who lack compassion for other living creatures should be shot (human filth not included)

Edited by Talon S.

Yes, exactly...a cat is a cat....tomorrow it will be your grandmother that he beats to death with a claw hammer. Your inability to grasp the depth of sensitive issues amazes me....I would love to play you in chess. rolleyes.gif

Kerkido, don't make me hit you tongue.gif

529174[/snapback]

I fear thee! I fear thou wrestling pro!

Your lack of compassion for other living creatures offends me...

the problems in this teenager's life seem to be so suppressed that this was probably his only means of getting attention of an outburst sos!

I say set him on fire.

529174[/snapback]

People who lack compassion for other living creatures should be shot (human filth not included)

529185[/snapback]

What on earth is there to be offended about? Is there a rule where we have to evenly distribute our compassion amongst every living organism?

Well, I hope not because at the moment all my compassion eggs are in the human basket.

So even if I did insult you by not having compassion for other living animals, just know for a fact that I would take your side if it were you who did a mistake like that on some cat or dog yourself.

To be honest, I have faith in this 17 yr old who was only sentenced several months of community work because I do believe that special discretion was granted based on the fact that he was genuinely sorry and acknowledged the purpose of why penance was paid. So Mad Manfred - ever hear him back on track with arsony again, let me know - I'll put my head over my heels should that be the case.

Yes, exactly...a cat is a cat....tomorrow it will be your grandmother that he beats to death with a claw hammer.  Your inability to grasp the depth of sensitive issues amazes me....I would love to play you in chess. rolleyes.gif

529187[/snapback]

Yeah, right.

You're the Christian out of you and me, and you should be the one believing in forgiveness - not me.

And it's almost as if you want him to escalate the crime rate he's at now, so you could be right about your stereotyping of him beating up someone's grandmother or any human being out there.

Furthermore, you say I have an 'inability to grasp sensitive issues', well guess what - this situaton is certainly a sensitive one because of the fact some people value animals lives above that of humans lives, is it possible to do anything about this burnt cat's future? No I think not,

is it possible to do something about this 17 yr old boy's future?

YES, AND WITH THE RIGHT TYPE OF SUPPORT HE COULD BE LEADING A LIFE DOING GOOD RATHER THAN TELLING HIM HE'S EVIL AND CORRUPT.

Well, I hope not because at the moment all my compassion eggs are in the human basket.

So even if I did insult you by not having compassion for other living animals, just know for a fact that I would take your side if it were you who did a mistake like that on some cat or dog yourself.

How you can call setting a living creature on fire as "a mistake" I'll never know...we're not talking about a guy who got drunk and stole a bike, or who was down on his luck and tried to shoplift something...we're talking about a person who has demonstrated that they get pleasure out of causing other things pain.

To be honest, I have faith in this 17 yr old who was only sentenced several months of community work because I do believe that special discretion was granted based on the fact that he was genuinely sorry and acknowledged the purpose of why penance was paid.

Mind showing me where it says he was "sorry"? huh.gif

this situaton is certainly a sensitive one because of the fact some people value animals lives above that of humans lives

I believe people who demonstrate cruelty in early life should be treated as harshly as we possibly can. This serves a duel purpose of punnishing the little cretins, and sending a message to others of their twisted ilk that intentional cruelty, to anyone or anything, is something you simply can't get away with.

I suggest drowning tongue.gif

How you can call setting a living creature on fire as "a mistake" I'll never know...

530541[/snapback]

I'm sure we don't all blunder purposely in exams just for the fun of it. The parameters are alike with that situation, and that of this incident. We must make mistakes to learn of them, Seraphina.

To be honest, I have faith in this 17 yr old who was only sentenced several months of community work because I do believe that special discretion was granted based on the fact that he was genuinely sorry and acknowledged the purpose of why penance was paid.

Mind showing me where it says he was "sorry"? huh.gif

530541[/snapback]

Didn't say he was, sorry - I said I believe he is sorry. But if people wanna detest against him, saying he needed to be drowned and of that sort, it then would go against what I kindly predict of him, and you would've been right at the end with your negative commentary, though all along you were influencing the creation of a monster.

this situaton is certainly a sensitive one because of the fact some people value animals lives above that of humans lives

I believe people who demonstrate cruelty in early life should be treated as harshly as we possibly can. This serves a duel purpose of punnishing the little cretins, and sending a message to others of their twisted ilk that intentional cruelty, to anyone or anything, is something you simply can't get away with.

530541[/snapback]

People who demonstrate cruelty earlier in life are likely not to know why they did it for because they're simply following a trend that has been followed before them. The cycle begins from the older generation, ¿why must the younger generation suffer harsh consequence as a means to demonstrate this to the older and more mature generation?

Other than that, younger people are more easier to sculpt - because they have only lived for a short amount of time and thus they aren't as consolodatingly set in their ways as older people in their 20s or older.

I suggest drowning tongue.gif

530541[/snapback]

Now, you're just being ridiculous.

It is clear that your values are as follows:

Indefinite death of Cat > Drowning of 17 year old kid

If you live in Australia you know what that means...he walks away scot free  angry.gif

527449[/snapback]

.... crying.gif omg thats so sad!! the poor kitty!! make that child burn like the kitten! angry.gif

I'm sure we don't all blunder purposely in exams just for the fun of it. The parameters are alike with that situation, and that of this incident. We must make mistakes to learn of them, Seraphina.

The difference being, of course, that blundering in your exams does nothing but screws up your own life. What this idiot did harmed a living creature, with the intention of killing it.

though all along you were influencing the creation of a monster.

I'm actually suggesting controling a monster. I have no need to "create" one...anyone who would even contemplate setting fire to a kitten already IS a monster huh.gif

People who demonstrate cruelty earlier in life are likely not to know why they did it for because they're simply following a trend that has been followed before them.

As I already said, this arguement might hold water if the person in question was 12. At the age of 17, their ability to tell right from wrong should, quite frankly, be at an adult level. A 17 year old cannot possibly pretend not to understand the consequences of setting a living creature on fire.

Now, you're just being ridiculous.

It is clear that your values are as follows:

Indefinite death of Cat > Drowning of 17 year old kid

Sub "kid" for "scum bag", and you're about right.

YES, AND WITH THE RIGHT TYPE OF SUPPORT HE COULD BE LEADING A LIFE DOING GOOD RATHER THAN TELLING HIM HE'S EVIL AND CORRUPT.

I agree on this. I have more compassion to human than animals.

People who demonstrate cruelty earlier in life are likely not to know why they did it for because they're simply following a trend that has been followed before them.

i was under the impression that it is an early signifier of someone having psychopathic tendencies. Especially at 17, the simple inability to demonstrate empathy towards another living creature is alarming. Remember, there was no actually need to harm the kitten, they weren't going to eat it, there was no use for it other than to torture it.

Edited by bathory