Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Urban legends

Dark Bloody Wind Goddess Haruka

Have you ever made up a story just to freak your friend out? im wondering just... how many people have really created myths just to get back at someone >.>;

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sofia

• a_blue_fish

• punkmonkey123

• Master Sage

just go onto snopes if your looking for urban legends

Snopes

All the time. ****ing with people's heads is fun.

lmao what did you tell them

Oh god, where to begin.

I once managed to convince an entire group of people that the field we were drinking in had been the scene of a brutal double-homicide years earlier. The only survivor had told police that the culprit was a man who appeared to live in the forest that began at the end of the grass. He was believed to still live within the trees somewhere (it's a fairly large area that spills over a good portion of my city, so it was viable).

Best part was when, moments after I completed my tale, a cop pulled into the parking lot (noise complaint against us) and did that loud "whoop" sound with the siren, leading to everyone screaming.

I also once managed to convince a cop to let me off on an underage drinking charge. ;)

I told a friend that the C-train station we were waiting in was haunted by the ghost of a girl who'd been killed by an on-coming train. She was pretty shaken up by this, though, so I ended up admitting that it was false.

My boyfriend still thinks that the highway we travelled on late last year was plagued by a series of strange encounters with a black Mercedes whose driver couldn't be seen. There was more to it, but I'm exhausted and typing isn't really something I'm enjoying right now.

I'm not a compulsive liar or anything, I just like scaring people. It's fun, what can I say? I'll always come clean if they seem overly freaked out or confront me about it.

So, now that everyone thinks I'm an ******* who lies to her friends, I'll go hang my head in shame...

Edit: Typos ahoy.

Edited by sofia

I made up a dude called The Tree Wraper. He skins you and wraps your skin around the tree in your front yard. Yeah, I'm weird.

^Uh...yeah, that’s pretty disturbing

~ADHD~

Oh god, where to begin.

I once managed to convince an entire group of people that the field we were drinking in had been the scene of a brutal double-homicide years earlier. The only survivor had told police that the culprit was a man who appeared to live in the forest that began at the end of the grass. He was believed to still live within the trees somewhere (it's a fairly large area that spills over a good portion of my city, so it was viable).

Best part was when, moments after I completed my tale, a cop pulled into the parking lot (noise complaint against us) and did that loud "whoop" sound with the siren, leading to everyone screaming.

I also once managed to convince a cop to let me off on an underage drinking charge. ;)

I told a friend that the C-train station we were waiting in was haunted by the ghost of a girl who'd been killed by an on-coming train. She was pretty shaken up by this, though, so I ended up admitting that it was false.

My boyfriend still thinks that the highway we travelled on late last year was plagued by a series of strange encounters with a black Mercedes whose driver couldn't be seen. There was more to it, but I'm exhausted and typing isn't really something I'm enjoying right now.

I'm not a compulsive liar or anything, I just like scaring people. It's fun, what can I say? I'll always come clean if they seem overly freaked out or confront me about it.

So, now that everyone thinks I'm an ******* who lies to her friends, I'll go hang my head in shame...

Lmao, I do that waaaay too much too. My favorite was done when I was in third grade. There was a sleepover and I kept saying things like "There's a ghost in here". In the end, nearly everyone left because I was TEH SCARY. :P

Lmao, I do that waaaay too much too. My favorite was done when I was in third grade. There was a sleepover and I kept saying things like "There's a ghost in here". In the end, nearly everyone left because I was TEH SCARY. :P

Oh god, that's awesome.

I think you and I need to team up and drive the world mad.

Oh god, where to begin.

see, I don't have a creative imagination for story telling. I say what I need to when I need to lol but you are very creative & imaginative. lol

I once had a girl from school convinced that My whole family was part of a cult and i was going to be a sacrifice on the next full moon(wich happened to be that saturday) wich was why i wasnt going to be at school anymore

Oh god, that's awesome.

I think you and I need to team up and drive the world mad.

Oh, the possibilities...

i told my friend a ghost in his house poseesed me and started acting like a little girl, scared the **** outta him! lol

Thats funny. Lets see what did I do... Ah yes, I convinced my cousins that a killer lived next door and that he had an axe, and that he killed everyone in my town 30 years ago. They couldn't sleep all night.

Edited by Taylor

I made up one about this, dude, only he wasn't a Human dude! He was a ghost dude! He was a cannibal who lived on the train tracks and leapt out at people walking by the tracks at night!

Also,I added a little authenticy to spice it up! So,here's the sad tale of:

James the Evil

There was a man in Middletown(my town), His name was James Nicholas... He struck many as a normal man...but, he actually froze people up and roasted them in a vat of melted iron, and then he dumped the vat out (he lived in a basement,as a room-renter) He then scrambled for the meat of human flesh! But, His rentee... he heard the snorting and scuffling (James also played Warrant really loud) so he booted James out. Twelve days later... James's renntee was killed and all his skin scraped off... But, then, as the police were investigating the man's death, James got hit by Mercedes Bendz (imagine!)

Let's just put it this way, James is killing again... And Again! then he'll...Come for YOU! (then I jumped at my friend)

Me and my sister once convinced her friend that our car used to belong to mick jagger and the windows were bulletproof...not exactly an urban legend, i know, just thought it was funny. although we forgot to tell her it wasn't true so half our school thought it was...fun times...

Edited by alfster

Me and one of my buddies once were driving out on a long country road and we saw a hitchhiker. We drove past this hitchhiker and a few miles down the road was what seemed to be the same man. We took this incident and stretched it out to him showing up 3 more times and eventually being there at the truck stop we were heading too, and being picked up by a trucker before we could get to him to see what was going on.

You all get those "This is a true story and it happened..." type of email, right? Has anyone ever made up a story and sent it to lots of people just to see if it will go around the world few times and come back but changed, like places where the story happened and stuff????

I always wanted to but never could come up with a really good original and little bit believable story. :no:

My fried tried to convice me there were fidh in the one creek that grew when they saw humans and atacked them. Didn't buy it.

Anyone familiar with the Pitcairn Family of Bryn Athyn, PA (suburb of Phila)?

Allegedly, generations of inbreeding, worship of the Dark World, cannibalism, et cetera...

Wow I devoted a large portion of my childhood to this... :D

Just behind my old primary school (in a rural town of perhaps 80 people...) there was an old church on a hill surrounded by large pine tree's, creepy enough...

I convinced my friends that the chuch was haunted as none of us had ever seen it opened.

I let their imaginations flurish, and admitably mine too, as I for a while began beleiving that something was going on and that I had seen phenomena occur inside the church via the low visibility led light windows...

I convinced my friends that if you looked in the windows you could see bloody footprints all over the walls and that a rope hanging from the ceeling was a noose from which a preist was found hanging... There was also a rocking chair of some sort in view from the window (everything was distorted due to the windows being led light so it gave the illusion that the chair was moving and made proper investigation impossible) and I convinced them that that is where the spirit of the "fallen" preist resides and that if you found him sitting there and he looked into your eyes something horrible would happen...

The romour blossomed and soon there was a key on top of the bell tower that would grant entry to the ghostly church... it soon became a hangout for kids looking for a place to prove their bravery to their peers by looking through the windows or trying to climb the bell tower in search for the key...

To this day the tales still continue and it makes me feel kind of warm inside... :)

Also we convinced my cousin that we had cameras around my house and that a guy in a secret basment watched our every move and if he see's something that he dosent like he will come up and take you away... B)

-Sorry for the length...

Also we convinced my cousin that we had cameras around my house and that a guy in a secret basment watched our every move and if he see's something that he dosent like he will come up and take you away...

:D I like this one.

Me and my uncle convinced my 3 sisters and brother that he owned a gorilla. My sisters are like 13!!!! anyway, they told me they were going to find it so i bought a gorilla suit and scared the hell outta them