Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what will happen december 24 2012?

godlybeing

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't december 24 2012 according to myth supposed to be the time Camazotz (devil/evil vampire dude) get free from his binding? So if the end of the world does happen wouldn't be a vampire outbreak? Which is kind of wierd since the royal armouries museum bought a box to slaying vampires. so if calander is right, im putting my money on vampires. :tu:

• Like 1

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't december 24 2012 according to myth supposed to be the time Camazotz (devil/evil vampire dude) get free from his binding? So if the end of the world does happen wouldn't be a vampire outbreak? Which is kind of wierd since the royal armouries museum bought a box to slaying vampires. so if calander is right, im putting my money on vampires. :tu:

To borrow James Thurber: Vampires are mythical beasts.

ETA I hope to be watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and sipping hot chocolate with my daughter and my ex wife.

Edited by and then
  • Like 2

Hopefully all of the 'what do you think will happen?' threads will stop. Hopefully.

:P

• Like 8

Twilight Fans Will Be Thrilled .. Who Knows If These Ones Glitter In The Dark ;)

Well, I haven't heard of such a thing before.

But let's say some giant vampire bat does start flying around on Dec 24th. I think for most of the world, there really wouldn't be too much impact. For locals there might be- but then if such a thing were flapping around I'm willing to bet that folks would kill it before it did a ton of harm.

Hopefully all of the 'what do you think will happen?' threads will stop. Hopefully.

:P

Nope... They will just pick another date... Never underestimate the power of human gullibilty coupled with the sense of always being right...

• Like 5

On many countries Santa will come (on 24th evening, not on the 25th in the morning like in the US).

• Like 3

On many countries Santa will come (on 24th evening, not on the 25th in the morning like in the US).

Santa comes on the 24th.. he leaves presents for kids to wake up to on the 25th, but he's long gone by then. NORAD even tracks him :) hehheeh.

But yeah, I think a lot of places will be celebrating the midwinter holidays that don't include godly vampire bats. Our home celebrates on the eve.

But since it is a bat thing, I wonder why December 24 and not Halloween?

• Like 1

Santa comes on the 24th.. he leaves presents for kids to wake up to on the 25th, but he's long gone by then. NORAD even tracks him :) hehheeh.

But yeah, I think a lot of places will be celebrating the midwinter holidays that don't include godly vampire bats. Our home celebrates on the eve.

Because before the Christians took the thing over it was the Ides of Winter (December 21th).

Maybe a confused bat? Or a really, really tardy bat?
  • Like 1

A lot of people will give in to temptation and open their presents early.

• Like 3

Nothing of particular interest will happen.

But those who predicted that interesting or terrible things would happen will still insist they were right. They will either pull a Harold Camping and recalculate the date, saying they were in error, or will point to things that happen all the time (floods, earthquakes, etc.) that happened within days or weeks of Dec 21st/24th/whatever as evidence that they were right.

And life will go on as it always has.

• Like 2

Personally, I don't think that the world will end any time soon, no matter how many predictions there are. I think there might be an end to an era of a certain kind of thought and lifestyle, and we will make a shift to something new. Thought I'd love for there to be a giant bat.

hmm not sure about vampires, my bet is on dolphines creating nuclear weapons and killiing off all land animals, but that won't happen tell 2014.

about then, ill be starting to wrap up xmas prezzies in a completely altered state of consciousness...maybe ill attempt to do it using telekenesis. After opening yet another bottle of red, i might saunter to the lower levels, check in on Santa in the dungeon, make sure he hasnt escaped from my ludicrously over-elaborate death machine; and perhaps have a look at wiki to see which sauce goes best with raindeer.

well,there goes my plans for xmas! :santa::clap::tu:

Camazotz is a bat god in Mayan mythology and is associated with night, death and sacrifice http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camazotz

He is not a devil or vampire and I have found nothing about him being bound and to be freed this year. The date you used is close to the date used by fringe authors (December 21, 2012) which is supposed to be the date the world ends but it is nothing more than hype and nothing out of the ordinary will happen.

Well...my family will gather together. We shall drink, sing, dance and laugh. When the children are in bed we will wrap presents and put them under the tree. Stockings will be filled. More drinking. My husband will give me a hard time because I spent too much (as usual). More merriment.

Yeah, that about covers it.

Morning of the 25th very tired adults will laugh with the children about the magic that happened after they went to bed. Drinking large amounts of coffee being used to swallow aspirin.

Nibs

what will happen december 24 2012?

Christmas Eve. That's traditionally the day when I do my Christmas shopping. The day after that is Christmas Day, which is traditionally the day during which the Queen makes her 3pm televised speech and the Christmas Day special episode of Doctor Who is shown in the evening. The day after that is Boxing Day, when the traditional Boxing Day football matches take place.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Disappointment I'd imagine, no armageddon, no space vampires, and another box of G.D. tube socks under the tree :( My Christmas wishes never come true.