Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can fear be cured?

fear cured

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,173 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

but what if you lived in a high rise for months?  your constant being around the heights would eventually dissapate as you just became used to it.

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#17    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 07 August 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

It also limits us from making huge mistakes

That doesn't answer the question you asked, though. I did.

Again  you're not like everyone else, I guarantee you that if I climbed a mountain I would still be afraid of heights

Um, okay!

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#18    _Only

_Only

• 6,633 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 07 August 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

but what if you lived in a high rise for months?  your constant being around the heights would eventually dissapate as you just became used to it.

That's all it is. I don't think there's any need to defend this idea. It happened to me in the short term for a day after being exposed to and successfully completing this

http://www.lovethese...nding-Hiker.jpg

but then the next day I was fearful again. The more times I did it, or anything similar, the longer and more powerful it would stick. That's all it is; not reallymagic, though it felt like it to me.

He just seems to have a problem with me for some reason, and wants to disagree with anything I say, however irrational it may be.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#19    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

I have to also say I think fear is a choice. Fear is something you have when you can afford it. When you can't afford it, you won't have it. Not to say you still won't be scared to death, but you will be able to do things you were afraid of doing if you absolutely have to. Plus, we all pick different things to be afraid of.

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

Also tagged with fear, cured

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users