Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO filmed hovering over New York

UM-Bot

Footage has emerged of a strange object which allegedly hovered in the sky for around three minutes.

The controversial clip, which was uploaded on to YouTube by user Von Edgar-Land, was recorded last Wednesday over New York and shows a peculiar metallic object with jagged edges that doesn\'t seem to resemble any known aircraft.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/277139/ufo-filmed-hovering-over-new-york

Looks like a man made object to me, and what did the object do after several minutes of hovering, more info required please.

• Like 1

there's UFOs over New York, and I ain't too surprised.

• Like 1

Looks like a man made object to me, and what did the object do after several minutes of hovering, more info required please.

it fell to the ground because the batterys ran out and smashed to pieces haha
  • Like 2

Shouldnt this post be in the UFO section?

It defo looks alot like the District 9 alien spaceship... I call malarkey on this!

• Like 1

Its always funny on these clips,theres never a Landing,and a exit,or other aircraft in the area, No facts, No E.T`s just mans way of saying I gotz no job to do today ,so I`ll build a UFO video !

Interesting that this UFO made a loud noise while hovering. Interesting because it is unusual in a UFO sighting, and because it would attract a lot of attention and (almost definitively) more video evidence from stunned onlookers

• Like 1

Looks like the same chopped star wars model used for the UFO supposedly filmed from a cruise ship off the Florida coast.

The video is remarkably clear. It can be enlarged as much as my computer allows, and the object is still clear, and apparently without suspicious video artifacts. The usual complaint against UFO videos is that they are blurry.

The resemblance to the 'District 9' craft is not particularly close, although there are some similarities. This UFO has a more symmetrical arrangement of protrusions from a basically biconvex shape. Five on the bottom, in three different shapes, arranged by type they go: a,b,c,b,a, with 'c', at the center, the largest. Five knobs on the top, too. Four of these match up with the symmetry on the bottom.

The camera failed after 15 seconds? This wouldn't be the first time that electronic equipment inexplicably failed in the presence of a UFO.

• Like 1

Interesting that this UFO made a loud noise while hovering. Interesting because it is unusual in a UFO sighting, and because it would attract a lot of attention and (almost definitively) more video evidence from stunned onlookers

Exactly, one or even 2 guys looking at the sky and filming it, would make MOST people look in the same direction. We all do it. We're nosey!

Plus lots of us have cam phones and theres only one dodgy clip, yet New York is packed with people

• Like 2

The comments under the vids are a good place to start, one said

Looks like someone learned how to motion track the free green screen spaceship from district 9

And that image is below

ship1.png

Yep I thought the same, looks awfully similar to the ship from district 9.

• Like 1

That was definitely Duck Dodgers Rocket Ship.

Can't be, it's not the 24 1/2 century!

Once again, I note the lack of any real sense of scale. If it's that clear, there are two possibilities. First, it's relatively small and close to the camera. Second, it's absolutely gigantic. If it was that big, I suspect it would have created more of a panic.

• Like 1

Why is the video extremely short? Where are all the other videos? Were any jets scrambled? Questions. Questions. Questions.

It's a paper cutout pasted on a glass window. Because it doesn't move. Only the camera moves.

Edited by Ashyne
  • Like 2

It is exactly what it says it is.

An Unidentified Flying Object.

But I would bet it is a prototype Amazon drone

looking for a delivery address.

Better get used to it.

• Like 2

Yes its always the same, the same old Photoshopped,B.S. the Same old waist of time, But in the end. And This Is the End according to Jim Morrison ,Were all going to be eaten by E.T`s ! Watch Distric-9 again its will turn your tummy a bit ! Not a bad flick by the way !

• Like 3

LOL well for one its not photoshop at all. Look at it in relation to the small square building in the distance. You can tell that it is very close to the person taking the video. The object lines up with the bottom left corner of the building at the start, you see it move with the camera, at the end its lined up with the right side of the building. SO yeah, small and really close.