Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explaining dreams

Bite me vampy

You can pm me or put in this thread all the details (you can remember) about a dream you want explained and I shall do my best to explain it for you :)

Edited by Bite me vampy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Habitat

• Bite me vampy

• nyuk

• johnny5alive

You can pm me or put in this thread all the details (you can remember) about a dream you want explained and I shall do my best to explain it for you :)

O.K., I'm dreaming I'm in some kind of fish market where there are baskets of various kinds of fish, all of them very ugly, as well as crabs etc which I am very dubious about the edibility of. In fact, I think everything on sale there is not worthy of human consumption, and the shifty looking people behind the counter only confirm my suspicion. I've had that dream or close variations of it a number of times. :unsure2:

O.K., I'm dreaming I'm in some kind of fish market where there are baskets of various kinds of fish, all of them very ugly, as well as crabs etc which I am very dubious about the edibility of. In fact, I think everything on sale there is not worthy of human consumption, and the shifty looking people behind the counter only confirm my suspicion. I've had that dream or close variations of it a number of times. :unsure2:

I assume the atmosphere of the dream is anxiety? As you've had this dream numerous times it is an important message that you have not 'deciphered' yet.., It could symbolise that everything around you is wrong, has something recently changed in your life? Or maybe the shiftyness represnts fear of being betrayed? Does any of that relate to you?

I probably feel angry that what is being sold is "unmerchantable". That there is dishonesty in putting forward something that should never have come to market. I am not unhappy or struggling in my life, and I can't really pin down why I have had this dream so many times.

So your angry in your dream.., how long has the drean been reaccuring?

Maybe it represents my belief that our culture is riddled with false values, driven by commercial motives. Seafood is a very desirable part of the diet, and here we have something ( the inferior fish) being presented as desirable, but in fact being valueless to the "buyer". Maybe. :hmm:

So your angry in your dream.., how long has the drean been reaccuring?

AT least 5 years, maybe a dozen dreams. Even the fish look the same from dream to dream !

Maybe you feel like your being sold things that to you seem unappealing and undesirable..., I keep thinking that it's the fact something good for you can be bad for you, or a sense of trickery. It *symbolises* something VERY important if it's being repeated over that duration of time and that frequantly too. Could do with something unexpected and startling? 'Cause you'd expect it to be fresh, tasty not unedible and shifty.., hmmm..

I had a recurring nightmare when I was younger, I had it for 6years or so, but I figured out it was symbolising and it stopped..,

Anyway, so it's an unpleasant, angry dream, shifty, wrong, unexpecting..

Maybe it's your anger towards false promises, misdealings something like that.. Possibly even mistreatment?

Maybe you feel like your being sold things that to you seem unappealing and undesirable..., I keep thinking that it's the fact something good for you can be bad for you, or a sense of trickery. It *symbolises* something VERY important if it's being repeated over that duration of time and that frequantly too. Could do with something unexpected and startling? 'Cause you'd expect it to be fresh, tasty not unedible and shifty.., hmmm..

I had a recurring nightmare when I was younger, I had it for 6years or so, but I figured out it was symbolising and it stopped..,

Anyway, so it's an unpleasant, angry dream, shifty, wrong, unexpecting..

Maybe it's your anger towards false promises, misdealings something like that.. Possibly even mistreatment?

Another aspect that comes into the "feel" of the dream is a realisation that the "ugly fish" are being trawled up from depths that were in earlier times untouched. One explanation I entertained was that the dream was telling me about repulsive "deep" content in my unconscious mind, that I wanted to disown because it "shouldn't be on display, just left in the depths". :unsure:

I had and odd dream last night. I was part of a group of people that lived in this building, although I am 32 and the rest of the people were much older, probably in their 50's. For some reason I was in trouble, and they had a vote to decide my future, or non future, at the residence. They decided to let me stay! Then I found myself in a classroom. In my waking life I have been studying Latin , and in this dream, voila, we were learning a language, although I don't think it was Latin. Anyway, the strange thing is that instead of a backpack, I kept everything in a trash can with wheels that I dragged everywhere with me.

I work in a seafood department, much to my dismay. I got a kick out of reading this. :lol:

I had a dream a couple nights ago. In it I was an early teen and I was playing baseball. The field was actually in a hangar(the kind that has the window all along the top of it) that seemed to have been converted into a gym (there was a basketball hoop hanging down in Center field). I was in left field and it was the top of the first. We were getting hammered with balls hit to right center so the coach switched me over to there. The next ball that was hit went into right field but it landed right in between the light from the windows and the shadow on the field and the right fielder couldn't find it because of the contrast between the light and dark. He was on his hand and knees feeling all around for it so I called time-out to the ump but he didn't hold the baserunners and everyone scored. So I started yelling at the ump and he threatened to eject me from the game. After we calmed down I explained to the ump what had happened, and he apologized because he had missed the call. Right before I woke up I heard that we had 2 outs and the other team was up 20-0 ( still the top of the first)

Have at it!

Hi,

I keep dreaming about 3 sisters whom I am one of (I have no sisters IRL) and a pink/red large gem/stone.

I would love an opinion on this, I have no idea what it means but I keep seeing them.

I dont often remember my dreams. Sometimes i feel like i shut my eyes, then its time to get up.

I sometimes dream i am able to hover about a foot off the ground & i move like im walking, but still off the ground.

Plus i honestly dont know if i dream in colour.

Any ideas on meaning of the dream.

plus does anyone remember dreaming in colour?

I love dreams! I really have some good ones too. My question is not a dream but a dream place. Ever since I was little I have dreamed in the same place. I know all the houses, roads, and there is a river and water fall, but its not a big fall. Some of the houses have different furniture from different time periods like the 20's 30's and up to the 80's or so. I have different dreams but always in the same place. I just don't understand why I can't go anywhere else in my dreams. Everynight same place, the people change and the dreams are different but the place never changes. I have told this to people before but no one seems to know why. If you could give me some insight as to what you think that would be very cool.

Rocketgirl B)

Just a guess, but maybe your dreams are memories from previous lives.

That could tie in with same place, different people, different eras?

So the last few years I'm being plagued by these reocuring dreams. The scene varies from time to time, but the happening is always the same.

It's starts wth me being in some sort of company with a few people, when one asks me to get something in the basement or some sort.

I'll go down and as I go I feel watched and I know somethings there. The thing I need to get is mostly way at the back or somewhere well hidden. When I finaly have it and go back, I see flashes of shadow in the corner of my eyes, wich fills me with fear.

After a while as I'm still walking to the door(it's usually a very complicated way or very long), it will show itself (it is mostly a demon or some weird mutant creature) Most of the times right there, I will start cursing at the thing and yelling as a maniac and then run right into it and fight it. This is the most annoying part. As I fight my hits suddenly get very weak and slow wich cuase me to put ALOT of effort if I even want to hit at half my strenght. Then I either wake up or try to run from it but again with needing to put alot of effort in this to and going really slow. I'll often end up crawling on the floor while this thing is ripping my flesh of as crazy and trying to drag me farther into wherever I am at that moment.

So the last few years I'm being plagued by these reocuring dreams. The scene varies from time to time, but the happening is always the same.

It's starts wth me being in some sort of company with a few people, when one asks me to get something in the basement or some sort.

I'll go down and as I go I feel watched and I know somethings there. The thing I need to get is mostly way at the back or somewhere well hidden. When I finaly have it and go back, I see flashes of shadow in the corner of my eyes, wich fills me with fear.

After a while as I'm still walking to the door(it's usually a very complicated way or very long), it will show itself (it is mostly a demon or some weird mutant creature) Most of the times right there, I will start cursing at the thing and yelling as a maniac and then run right into it and fight it. This is the most annoying part. As I fight my hits suddenly get very weak and slow wich cuase me to put ALOT of effort if I even want to hit at half my strenght. Then I either wake up or try to run from it but again with needing to put alot of effort in this to and going really slow. I'll often end up crawling on the floor while this thing is ripping my flesh of as crazy and trying to drag me farther into wherever I am at that moment.

Hmmmm do you are confronting it but it's winning? Are fighting it off or are you attacking? I would recommend ( if you can be lucid enough) to bring the fight to it. Aggressively attack first.

The other option ( again if you can be lucid enough ) is to refuse to participate. Cross your arms, fall back, close your eyes and starts singing lalalalalslalala conect the dots lalalalalslalala. Thus disengment from the scenerio will keep you out of it.

I'm currently using a similar technique I'm working on to flood negative dreams with positive light to put me back into a deep non lucid sleep. I had become to aware in my dreams and it was becoming a problem.

Take my advice above, but if you can't change it, learn to create a WILD ( Wake induced lucid dream), then you can bring these issues up and deal with them in a more lucid manner. It's a lot of work, so only if things are bothering you so much that you need a solution. Pm me if you try I'll help.

Just a guess, but maybe your dreams are memories from previous lives.

That could tie in with same place, different people, different eras?

Yeah, that is what I suspectg. It is kinda weird though, I have never found anyone who dreams in the same place before. Another thing that is kinda wierd. Just the other night I had an extra long dream where there was a child involved. He started out as a baby and the whole dream was this child growing up and leaving home and it was just mundane and simple. It was so "real life" that when I awoke I felt more like it had been a part of my current life and less like a dream. I have those sometimes but write them off as odd. As far as the dream place, well I have even started a thread on it last year but never really resolved it's mystery. I will keep looking for answers, but I think your right, I do think it has more to do with past lives than I think.

Rocketgirl B)

Hmmmm do you are confronting it but it's winning? Are fighting it off or are you attacking? I would recommend ( if you can be lucid enough) to bring the fight to it. Aggressively attack first.

The other option ( again if you can be lucid enough ) is to refuse to participate. Cross your arms, fall back, close your eyes and starts singing lalalalalslalala conect the dots lalalalalslalala. Thus disengment from the scenerio will keep you out of it.

I'm currently using a similar technique I'm working on to flood negative dreams with positive light to put me back into a deep non lucid sleep. I had become to aware in my dreams and it was becoming a problem.

Take my advice above, but if you can't change it, learn to create a WILD ( Wake induced lucid dream), then you can bring these issues up and deal with them in a more lucid manner. It's a lot of work, so only if things are bothering you so much that you need a solution. Pm me if you try I'll help.

I usually attack it very aggressivly, but my hits get so weak and hard to launch that I need to take a run for it.

Though because it is a reocurring dream I'm always a tiny bit lucid in the back of my head. But not enough to actually be like "Hey, I'm dreaming!"

I will surely give a try at the not participating when I'm lucid in such a dream

• 4 years later...

O.K., I'm dreaming I'm in some kind of fish market where there are baskets of various kinds of fish, all of them very ugly, as well as crabs etc which I am very dubious about the edibility of. In fact, I think everything on sale there is not worthy of human consumption, and the shifty looking people behind the counter only confirm my suspicion. I've had that dream or close variations of it a number of times. unsure.gif

Still having this dream, or variations of it. A decade of them ! These days it seems to be more crustaceans than fish, but the theme is always the same, the seafood vaguely resembles good product, but on closer inspection it is an inferior, alien-looking substitute that is being sold under the guise of traditional prawns, crabs etc. And as always, the assumption is that it came from very deep water. As with all significant dreams there is a strong emotional content, and it is one of anger on my part that what is being sold, is misrepresented as saleable goods, but is valueless. I can't work out the message in it. Help ! :cry: