Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Child photographed with ghostly figure

erin potter virgin mary

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,101 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

A family in Kirtland, Ohio is shocked this weekend after they noticed a strange figure in a photograph with their daughter. Erin Potter is seen in the photo with a ghostly apparition beside her. Cleveland's 19 Action News interviewed the Potter family on Friday regarding their experience.

At the time of the photograph, Erin was battling leukemia. In the photo, Erin is pictured running through the yard with sprinklers. Next to her is a red figure that some people believe is the Virgin Mary. The Potter family also thinks the figure is the Virgin Mary.

http://www.examiner....-ghostly-figure

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,816 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Not sure about the virgin Mary, looks more like a Buddhist monk.
But also notice the lights on the left, same colour.  I think this is a one of those strange things which happens when taking a photo of moving lights. Unusual but nothing spiritual, but if the family believe it is and it helps them, then thats fine by me.,
Its like the thread about clouds, some things can be explained although they are unusual to see and quite spectacular.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    phantasia

phantasia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."
    DAVID SUZUKI

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

She is running through the yard with "sparklers ", not "sprinklers".  It looks like motion blur from a long exposure (taken at night).  No ghost or Virgin Mary here.

The truth need never fear ridicule.  ~ Sir Wearer of Hats

Psychosocial hypothesis in Ufology : http://en.wikipedia....cial_hypothesis

#4    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

i'm with freetoroam on this one, regardless of what "it" is, if it makes the family happy and gives them hope, power to them and their Mary.

#5    lsra

lsra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Someday we'll look back at this and plow into a parked car.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Yeah I think that has something to do with glare from the sparklers. Nothing supernatural there.

#6    Mys-terious

Mys-terious

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Not too sure about the 'ghostly figure' being the Virgin Mary, though I wouldn't rule her out. It certainly appears to be an entity of sorts. I wouldn't be so quick as to call it motion blur; take a look at the size of said figure, in comparison to the little girl.

Edited by Evening Star, 27 May 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Since the child was sick maybe it was a spirit watching over him.  Who knows really.

#8    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

I agree, Lens flare or slowing shutter speed.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hmmm,did more "ghostly" figures appear in photos when they were still developed chemically ,instead of being digitalized ?

Miss me?

#10    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,316 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

good show ... wonders big or small is not necessarily a bad thing

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#11    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,225 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 27 May 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Hmmm,did more "ghostly" figures appear in photos when they were still developed chemically ,instead of being digitalized ?

Yes, especially long exposure such as this one.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#12    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,981 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

What if this is just the child's astral body? Sometime kids live half in, half out of their bodies.

Edited by regeneratia, 27 May 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#13    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Yea lens flare, shutter speed, motion blur... but none of the three explain the full apparition, and no other anomaly.

Motion Blur: (Can't be motion blur because the apparition is taller then what the little girl can swing the sparkler. She is simply not swinging that high, so there are parts that cannot be a blur of what she is swinging.)
Posted Image

Long Exposure: (Take note that everything has a certain blur and shadow where the picure looks like a 3d movie without glasses.)
Posted Image

Lens flare: (Why would anyone have even suggested this?)
Posted Image

Yeah, all these things make total sense as to why a person is standing behind a child in a picture but not in person.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,225 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostxFelix, on 27 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Yea lens flare, shutter speed, motion blur... but none of the three explain the full apparition, and no other anomaly.

Motion Blur: (Can't be motion blur because the apparition is taller then what the little girl can swing the sparkler. She is simply not swinging that high, so there are parts that cannot be a blur of what she is swinging.)

Long Exposure: (Take note that everything has a certain blur and shadow where the picure looks like a 3d movie without glasses.)

Lens flare: (Why would anyone have even suggested this?)

Yeah, all these things make total sense as to why a person is standing behind a child in a picture but not in person.

Yes, they are all perfect reasons. Cameras capture light in diferent ways. ( I am no expert, but have seen plenty like this, and better ).

The " figure " is the boys figure. Look at his left hand, the sparkler goes much higher then he could reach in the pic.

I am sure some will post great explanations, with more detail then me.

We know cameras do this, and that is fact....

So, saying it is a spirit makes much more sense.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sakari, 27 May 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#15    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

I wonder if no one considered the kid maybe, Oh i don't know, Jumped?

Edited by Brian Topp, 27 May 2013 - 09:15 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users