Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two UFOs spotted by me and my wife (video)

Twenny

Hey people of Unexplained-mysteries!

New member here, i posted this elsewhere but then I found this site so I thought I would post here too.

So a couple days ago my wife noticed something in the sky flying strangely. She is quite skeptical of most things but she got quite excited by this. She got me to come have a look and at first I told her it was probably a plastic bag or something similar floating, but after watching it for while I became very interested. I filmed it as best as I could with my iPhone. Turns out there was two of them! I'm not saying they are aliens but they are definitely flying objects which are currently unidentified!

Let me know what you guys think. I've had a few people tell me they are balloons, but they definitely did not look at all like balloons IRL. It can be hard to make out the shape in the video but they looked almost flat, I will post a still shot to give an idea.

The attached still shot was taken after the video with my wife's DSLR and gives an idea of the shape, although it still looked much better IRL. The image in the red square is a zoomed in version of the object in the centre of the main image:)

post-158963-0-11451000-1451454363_thumb.

• Like 2

It looks sunny there, could well be a couple of folks playing with their drones, when the sun shines on metal it can look strange. Have seen the same "white glow" effect on planes many a time, when the sun hits it at the right time.

Welcome to the forum, Twenny. I agree, the apparent shape doesn't suggest balloons. Maybe remote-controlled model planes, since something looking like wings is mentioned. It seems that they'd have to be awfully high, though, for this identification to not be obvious.

Just as the one object enters/flies in front of the cloud (and during it's interaction with the cloud), it begins to pixelate/distort the area around it, as if it were photoshopped onto the video.

Now, I'm not saying that's exactly what happened, but I noticed it right away.

Otherwise, aircraft.

The attached still shot was taken after the video with my wife's DSLR and gives an idea of the shape, although it still looked much

better IRL. The image in the red square is a zoomed in version of the object in the centre of the main image:)

The objects shape in the still is very different to the shape in the vid. I assume that the longish looking shape in the still

was caused by the exposure time and the objects ground speed. As there are no meta data with the still pls let me know

the exposure time and the focal length as well.

Just as the one object enters/flies in front of the cloud (and during it's interaction with the cloud), it begins to pixelate/distort the area around it, as if it were photoshopped onto the video.

That's just a video compression artefact. Nothing suspicious about it really.
  • Like 1

That's just a video compression artefact. Nothing suspicious about it really.

Okay. I bring it up because of the innumerable video fakes, and it was something that caught my eye.

I'll stay with aircraft as the explanation.

Okay. I bring it up because of the innumerable video fakes, and it was something that caught my eye.

I'll stay with aircraft as the explanation.

The one thing I know for a fact about those objects is that they are 100% real, I have no idea how to photoshop videos. They were no aircraft I have ever seen. The shape was very strange when looking at them with the naked eye, the quality of the video really doesn't do them justice. At one stage they were quite close and the first one we saw looked almost like it was changing shape(it's hard to explain). Before my wife called me out to have a look she said one of them looked like it dropped almost to the ground and then shot back up in to the sky. I also thought maybe a drone at first but they looked nothing like any drone I have seen. It was a very surreal thing to see. I have another shot that I took with the DSLR where a black helicopter came through(which is also uncommon here)while they were flying around and there is a black object that's seems to be hovering in the background. I didn't notice that until I went through the photos.

The one thing I know for a fact about those objects is that they are 100% real, I have no idea how to photoshop videos.

I believe you.

They were no aircraft I have ever seen. The shape was very strange when looking at them with the naked eye, the quality of the video really doesn't do them justice. At one stage they were quite close and the first one we saw looked almost like it was changing shape(it's hard to explain). Before my wife called me out to have a look she said one of them looked like it dropped almost to the ground and then shot back up in to the sky. I also thought maybe a drone at first but they looked nothing like any drone I have seen. It was a very surreal thing to see. I have another shot that I took with the DSLR where a black helicopter came through(which is also uncommon here)while they were flying around and there is a black object that's seems to be hovering in the background. I didn't notice that until I went through the photos.

Please post all the material you have on this.

An ordinary aircraft, even a model one, or a drone, probably wouldn't appear to change shape in an unusual way-- that is-- quite apart from the changes caused by it moving along and presenting different aspects to the viewer. There is a good deal of lore, and some photography to indicate a class of unidentifiable objects that do appear to change shape in an atypical manner.

• Like 1

Please post all the material you have on this.

Will do! There is a few other photos as well, I will have a look at what I got and upload them. I'm not at home right now but should be back in an hour or two:)

• Like 1

An ordinary aircraft, even a model one, or a drone, probably wouldn't appear to change shape in an unusual way-- that is-- quite apart from the changes caused by it moving along and presenting different aspects to the viewer. There is a good deal of lore, and some photography to indicate a class of unidentifiable objects that do appear to change shape in an atypical manner.

It is very hard to explain what I saw. The only way I can try to explain it (and it might not make sense) is imagine a sheet of metal, maybe aluminium, folding in on itself and then returning to its original shape over and over again but never becoming creased. Maybe an optical illusion I don't know, but it was very interesting to watch.

• Like 1

It is very hard to explain what I saw. The only way I can try to explain it (and it might not make sense) is imagine a sheet of metal, maybe aluminium, folding in on itself and then returning to its original shape over and over again but never becoming creased. Maybe an optical illusion I don't know, but it was very interesting to watch.

The shape-changing could be an optical illusion, of sorts. Perhaps some sort of rotating energy field surrounding the object, that distorted its appearance to the viewer, in a recurring manner. Certain infrared radiation can certainly do this by uneven heating of the air.

Could be weather balloons. Some are round, others aren't. I'm no expert at all, just guessing, trying to help...

Googling images of weather balloons bring up some that are long and appear to be only about 3/4 full. Perhaps the gas inside expands at higher altitudes, making them more round. Maybe these are those types, at a relative lower altitude, and they shift around as they are rising due to the non-spherical shape.

A few days ago I saw a plastic bag being blown by the wind about 20 feet overhead and it shifted around as it went along.

Maybe these are huge plastic wrapping bags from some appliances that got blown into the sky from a garbage bin... the way that they move seem more wind driven than motor driven, but then again I've only looked at the video on my iPad, not a large screen.

Google images of weather balloon ufo's to see if anything matches up to what you saw.

You can also put weather balloon UFO into the YouTube search to get some videos that are a little similar...

• 3 weeks later...

It seemed to move to the left at a constant speed, slow down and stop.

They could be white plastic bags that got caught up by the wind - Iv'e seen that plenty of times before.

They may even be children's balloons.

• Like 2

The object moves 'fast' so long as the only thing to compare it to is the clouds; as soon as the leaves enter the picture, it 'slows' right down. I'll suggest Venus, having been the victim of its apparent movement 'against' a moving cloud background myself.

The object moves 'fast' so long as the only thing to compare it to is the clouds; as soon as the leaves enter the picture, it 'slows' right down. I'll suggest Venus, having been the victim of its apparent movement 'against' a moving cloud background myself.

Venus ? - I thought there were two objects.

Venus ? - I thought there were two objects.

There were Astra, and neither of them was Venus. .... and they didn't (imo) seem to be 'powered craft' , and so I'll agree with your original suggestion that they were 'plastic bags' or balloons. :tu:

Cheers Astra.

• Like 1

There were Astra, and neither of them was Venus. .... and they didn't (imo) seem to be 'powered craft' , and so I'll agree with your original suggestion that they were 'plastic bags' or balloons. :tu:

Cheers Astra.

Well - thank you for your vote of confidence 1963 - I hope all's well in your part of the world :st

And may we keep enduring - the never ending saga - of the elusive UFO... whether they be plastic bags - kids balloons - birds - drones or Venus :rofl:

• Like 2

Did you hear any noise? With ear buds I noticed in the background the sound of what could be drone engines. May be just background noise but those electrically driven propellers have a very distinctive sound. As these drones proliferate and change in design we'll get more and more of these videos IMHO. As far as the shape, I couldn't make out any in the video or the photo just a white, flat object that could hover, climb, turn and run at about 40 MPH (guess) which are the flight characteristics of guess what?

Edited by Merc14

Did you hear any noise? With ear buds I noticed in the background the sound of what could be drone engines. May be just background noise but those electrically driven propellers have a very distinctive sound. As these drones proliferate and change in design we'll get more and more of these videos IMHO. As far as the shape, I couldn't make out any in the video or the photo just a white, flat object that could hover, climb, turn and run at about 40 MPH (guess) which are the flight characteristics of guess what?

There is from time to time a faint but discernible sound. Unfortunately the sounds of the birds, a baby and a car passing make it difficult to be sure.

There is from time to time a faint but discernible sound. Unfortunately the sounds of the birds, a baby and a car passing make it difficult to be sure.

When the trail object goes past the cloud you can definitely hear an sound that is very much like a drone makes. Also,that fact that it came down to the ground and then rose back up is telling. No way to be sure but I am betting drones all day.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1