Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Best ever' photograph of Loch Ness monster

Still Waters

The picture appeared to show the curved, brown back of the monster submerged in the loch, and attracted world-wide attention when it was published last year.

So convincing was the photo that Nessie expert Steve Feltham called it "the best photograph I think I have ever seen".

http://www.telegraph...-as-a-fake.html

Previous thread -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=231127

• Like 1

A hoax? Now that has surprised me! s9409.gif

• Like 2

That hump is almost as bad as the commercial: "Guess what day it is! Guess what day it is!" ".......it's hump day........"

...so you cannot have a bit of harmless fun these days without someone complaining...............

• Like 2

...so you cannot have a bit of harmless fun these days without someone complaining...............

In general I'd agree with you... but I have to ask myself if this guy profited from his deception... If so, he should be ashamed of bilking people out of their money based on his lie...

If not, then no harm done...

Point taken, but after the first couple of hundred Nessie fake sightings, it gets a bit 'old hat' IMO!

• Like 1

I love how someone could be described as a Nessie expert. Make me laugh out loud.

• Like 3

Thank heavens...I thought the subject line meant that the famous photo with Uruquart Castle in it had been debunked as a hoax. That would have been a bummer.

I hadn't even seen this recent one...for once I'm glad I avoid the news. :P

• Like 1

Ahaha.

Feel bad for all the Nessie lovers who were brought hope through this photo - but this made me laugh.

I seem to recall getting into an argument with a "believer" about how credible the ship captain was and "why on Earth would he fake something like this.."

uh huh

• Like 1

Nessie saved a local economy and still provides for the locals,using logic we all know it's a hoax but we enjoy the faith and stories about it,like we do with God.

This just proves that anyone can fake anything for the hell of it with no necessary external factors. Not for money, not for fame, just for the hell of it!

Good luck to him. A good hoax is worth a laugh and if people are stupid enough to believe it then they deserve to be fooled.

• Like 3

its time hoaxers were given a big fine for the expense they cause many people

And the damage they cause to the credibility of real witnesses....

• Like 2

Good luck to him. A good hoax is worth a laugh and if people are stupid enough to believe it then they deserve to be fooled.

And I suppose anyone stupid enough to be defrauded deserves to be robbed? :no:

• Like 1

For the most part yes.

I believe Sir Doyle said it properly ... There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact. And, I would assume that Mr Edwards, who operates a cruise boat on the loch, will now cater to budding comedians.

its time hoaxers were given a big fine for the expense they cause many people

I disagree. Of course it depends on the degree of the hoax. Without hoaxes, I dare say that this section of the forum would not exist.

No harm done. Gave the news something to fill time.

I can not express my disapointment at finding out it was a fake, i was so taken in by it.

Not to worry, i still have all those virgin mary and bigfoot photos to keep me intereste ZZZzzzzz.

• Like 1

In general I'd agree with you... but I have to ask myself if this guy profited from his deception...

I reckon he could do quite well from this. He's made himself a bit of a celebrity now and no doubt tourists will be only too willing to take a trip on Loch Ness in his boat. Even if it's just to take a few photos of themselves with him to take home as a keepsake.

• Like 1

He seems like a colossal narcissistic, arrogant ass... regardless of perpetrating this particular hoax or not. Having actually perpetrated it just confirms it.