Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My first (and only ghostly experience)

frmtheashes

So I was about 7-8 at the time of this story. we moved into this new home from an apartment the year or so before. MY parents are Buddhist, so there might be some religious significance in the story.

Anyways, usually at the anniversary of my great grand mothers death, my parents would set up a table with food as offering to her in the afterlife. But the most curious thing happen. the table with all the food on it, had chairs, pushed all the way in. IT was pushed in so the back of the chair was flush with the table. I was going to sit down at the table for a minute to do something (cant remember). But the chair was stuck, like someone , or something was keeping it pushed in. Now there is no way for the chair to be stuck on the legs of the table. I know this since we still have the table. the legs of the table can jam the chair stuck, since it didnt curve or anything. It just sticks straight out, parallel to the table. when I ran to my mother to tell her to help me move the chair since it was stuck, she said that I shouldn't sit there, since my great great grandma might be sitting there. Thats been my only real ghostly experience (besides the back of my neck getting chills in a even temp room, etc). thoughts?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• RollingThunder06

• Alienated Being

• frmtheashes

Very well good be with your parents strong beliefs that it was your great grandmother. Since you still have the table set and have tried recreating the situation and can't, to me there is little room for doubt. Thanks for sharing your interesting experience. :tu:

That reminds me of a story I heard while at a hospital in the area that I live. According to what I heard, a housekeeper and another nurse were trying to move a stool in a bathroom. This was on the fifth floor, or sixth... can't remember. Anyway, when they attempted to move it, the chair wouldn't budge - it was as if something heavy was holding it down. It wasn't until then that they realized that a young boy had passed away the day before the stool wouldn't move, and he was using that same stool.

Maybe your great grandma either hadn't finished eating, or she was just trying to let you know she was there...?

:geek:

I dont think you can set any store in memories of when you were 7 or 8.

Often what we remember as happening to us at that age isn't what actually happened at all.

I dont think you can set any store in memories of when you were 7 or 8.

Often what we remember as happening to us at that age isn't what actually happened at all.

i have to agree with bogeyman although it is still an interesting story and because of there being other cases of it happening (see J.G. Snake Pliskin's post) perhaps it really was your great grandmother contacting you.

also i was just wondering how many years was it since your great grandmother had passed?

I don't know about the memory thing, but I've got a tabvle thing like frmtheashes'.

When I was about 12, I woke up early in the morning on my parents' anniversary. I went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, and the dining room table was set for two, including plates, napkins, silverware and lit candles! I went to wake up my parents and they said I was just dreaming, but my dad went into the dining room and saw it all. He started crying, because he thought it was his dad setting it for him and my mom. (I was almost a year after my grandpa died, so he didn't know my parents had a child, so we think he set it for two)

It just seemed weird and unimaginable. Other occurances like that were stuff falling off the tables and cabinet doors opening when no one was home...