Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help needed with photo

AliceCoopersGirl

I took this photo last night...it was meant to be in the funny thread as George Bush funeral home...but when I went to add it,I realised that there are loads of orbs(?) in it.

Can anyone tell me if these are dust particles or what?

It was not raining,windy and my flash was not reflecting off a window and I was leaning out of a car window to take the piccie.

user posted image

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AliceCoopersGirl

• BurnSide

• Jesus_Freak

• silence!

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the picture!

Not too sure about the orbs though. notworthy.gif

the thing to the right of the private parking sign looks like a reflection on the window... the other things could be dust... but i'm no expert with cameras.

the orbs are supposed to be ghosts that you arent able to see fully.

simply put it represents a sprit/ ghost of some1

god bushes funeral y couldent u chose i nice 1? blah

Orbs are missinterpreted by people who don't fully understand such things to be spirits.

To me, and most people, it is quite obvious that they are indeed specs of dust. Since dust is EVERWHERE at ALL TIMES, it is only to be expected that a digital camera would pick them up when they settle on the lense.

You can also see the dust in a ray of sunlight through a window in a dark room. But we do not dismiss this as Ghosts!

yeah i would have to say that is dust, not orbs. its just too hard to believe that orbs are really spirits.

Orbs are missinterpreted by people who don't fully understand such things to be spirits.

To me, and most people, it is quite obvious that they are indeed specs of dust. Since dust is EVERWHERE at ALL TIMES, it is only to be expected that a digital camera would pick them up when they settle on the lense.

You can also see the dust in a ray of sunlight through a window in a dark room. But we do not dismiss this as Ghosts!

471135[/snapback]

If you read my post Burnside you would have noticed that I asked if someone could tell me if they were dust particles or what.

Please do not assume that I am saying they are ghosts without reading properly what people are saying thank you.

And what says that it is obvously dust?Oh yes...I forgot,it is you that is saying it is obvously dust. notworthy.gif

As a photographer I never put much credit into orb photos taken with a digital camera. Orbs on digital are extremely common. So common that orbs were barely seen on film until digital cameras came out.

I have done some speculation as to why that is. On almost every digital camera, the flash is located pretty close to the lens. Even with disposable film cameras the flash is not near the lens. I speculate that the orbs are caused by side reflection from the flash being so near to the lens. But this is just speculation.

I don't honestly think the orbs in this photo are dust. I think they are just lens flare spots caused by the digital flash.

As a photographer I never put much credit into orb photos taken with a digital camera. Orbs on digital are extremely common. So common that orbs were barely seen on film until digital cameras came out.

I have done some speculation as to why that is. On almost every digital camera, the flash is located pretty close to the lens. Even with disposable film cameras the flash is not near the lens. I speculate that the orbs are caused by side reflection from the flash being so near to the lens. But this is just speculation.

I don't honestly think the orbs in this photo are dust. I think they are just lens flare spots caused by the digital flash.

471918[/snapback]

Thanks Rayce...thats the type of answer I was looking for instead of being put down...I am grateful for that explination and you seem to know what you are talking about.

Thank you once again. thumbsup.gif

I'm sorry to be "bursting your bubble" but my father is a camera freak and my friends and I took pictures of our school at "The Battle of the Bands" and the exact same type of "orbs" showed up in our pictures. I showed the pictures to my father but he only shook his head saying it usually happens with digital cameras....

I'm sorry to be "bursting your bubble" but my father is a camera freak and my friends and I took pictures of our school at "The Battle of the Bands" and the exact same type of "orbs" showed up in our pictures. I showed the pictures to my father but he only shook his head saying it usually happens with digital cameras....

471992[/snapback]

Did you not read this thread properly?

If you had you would have realised that there is no bubble to burst...I was asking if someone could tell me if they were dust particals or what they were...not once have I said they are anything else...please before you post a comment,read what is being said...do not assume you think you know what someone is saying,thank you.

Edited by AliceCoopersGirl

Here is a pic of dust. If you notice there is a circular pattern that is very similar to your pic. Not saying it's dust but it does look similar

post-14504-1107367953.jpg

Edited by RacerX13