Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd picture

fenris1011

Hey there everyone.

I live in Missouri right smack dab in the middle and every once in awhile my buddies and I will go out with some EVP recorders and a digital camera. There is this little town about 10 miles from where I live called Tuscumbia.

There is a graveyard in the middle of town across from the church and we decided to go there on night. Keep in mind this was about two years ago. Well we were taking pictures and nothing of interest really happened. Well I was just now digging through some old folders and found this one.

linked-image

I would save the image and then zoom in. At regular size there is really nothing. But zoom in and you will see some type of smoke or something coincidently shaped kind of like a bony arm.

No, none of us were smoking and it was late spring so it was not breath.

Your thoughts?

Personally I think it was just coincidence. I am always trying my damnedest to debunk things. :D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Aanica

• fenris1011

• sentieridiluce

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there everyone.

I live in Missouri right smack dab in the middle and every once in awhile my buddies and I will go out with some EVP recorders and a digital camera. There is this little town about 10 miles from where I live called Tuscumbia.

There is a graveyard in the middle of town across from the church and we decided to go there on night. Keep in mind this was about two years ago. Well we were taking pictures and nothing of interest really happened. Well I was just now digging through some old folders and found this one.

linked-image

I would save the image and then zoom in. At regular size there is really nothing. But zoom in and you will see some type of smoke or something coincidently shaped kind of like a bony arm.

Your thoughts?

Personally I think it was just coincidence. I am always trying my damnedest to debunk things. :D

so that whole white thing isnt there in real life, if it isnt - thats not a coincidence but if there was a tree,bush or light at the scene when you took it then it might be fake.

id say 90% paranormal haha.

Hey there everyone.

linked-image

Your thoughts?

Why would you think it wasn't your breath? It's not as obvious, but if you're looking for it, you can usually see your breath most nights all summer long. All you need is for the dew point to be at or above the local temperature. Basically, if there's dew on the grass, it's possible for your breath to condense in the air and be at least somewhat visible, especially in a bright point light source like a camera flash.

Do you remember the weather conditions that night? There are so many things that can cause mist like anomalies on the camera but it is really impossible to tell without accurate weather conditions on the night the picture was taken. .

I'd dunno, looks like cigarette smoke to me.

I'd dunno, looks like cigarette smoke to me.

Yeah see that was our initial thought. But none of us smoked.

It could be the dew and I did not know you could still see your breath in a picture even on summer nights. So that does make sense.

It was cloudless that night. I remember because it was pretty bright from the moon.

It was looking down a road going through the cemetery and there were no bushes or trees right there.

Got to admit it does look cool no matter what it was lol

Yeah see that was our initial thought. But none of us smoked.

It could be the dew and I did not know you could still see your breath in a picture even on summer nights. So that does make sense.

It was cloudless that night. I remember because it was pretty bright from the moon.

It was looking down a road going through the cemetery and there were no bushes or trees right there.

Got to admit it does look cool no matter what it was lol

Yeah man. Its off to the side so It sort of looks like it came around you from behind.

It looks like an arm most def, skeleton like, but mangled.

Edited by xCrimsonx

Was there any kind of heat source from around that area such as a car engine or something along thos lines that could produce a vapor?

No we parked our cars in the school parking lot on down the road and walked to the cemetery. Um nothing else I could think of. There was three of us.

Carrying nothing but an evp recorder and digital camera.

No we parked our cars in the school parking lot on down the road and walked to the cemetery. Um nothing else I could think of. There was three of us.

Carrying nothing but an evp recorder and digital camera.

strange then, maybe you got something there then.I have some simular photos, but they were taken indoors and the streaks are very very solid and white, but they do have that simular smokey like effect, well sorta.I wish I had a scanner to share these photos with everyone.Maybe i'll buy one soon and post them to compare with this photo.Like yours no one was smoking as it was inside my friends moms house.

Nice catch of whatever that is. :D

Wierd, i've been messing with controls on the picture....

It's too thick in some areas to be breath, if it was breath it'd be spread out more....., like in one spot it's thick and has shape to the mass.....

I'd say cig smoke, but you said no one was smoking....what gets me is how i'd have to agree it sort of has a skele shape to it.....but none the less it's hard to say without any of us others being there...have you gone over this with any the other guys that were with you??

While this is "odd" and you want it to be something it probobly isn't. It could be smoke or moisture in the air. If you or someone around you smokes a cigarette or blows smoke out of your mouth from the cold air - it makes these things appear on camera. I'm a photographer and I've learned a great deal about lens flare, lights, etc. Most orbs are moisture in the air as well. They may look cool but you would be surprised as to how many things we can't see with the naked eye, will show up on film.

But also it "could" be something. To me it looks more like a girl running across the road in front of you. The stuff behind her could just be motion blur from your cameras shutter. Always remember about that motion blur..if something is moving it might appear larger or like something that it's not so you should look real close.

Edited by LostInThought

Thanks for sharing. I do not believe it looks like some smoke or breath as its too "all over the place" so to speak. It could be ectoplasm, because there seems to be some faces, and orbs as well..JMO..JN

post-53813-1215459846_thumb.jpg

While this is "odd" and you want it to be something it probobly isn't. It could be smoke or moisture in the air. If you or someone around you smokes a cigarette or blows smoke out of your mouth from the cold air - it makes these things appear on camera. I'm a photographer and I've learned a great deal about lens flare, lights, etc. Most orbs are moisture in the air as well. They may look cool but you would be surprised as to how many things we can't see with the naked eye, will show up on film.

But also it "could" be something. To me it looks more like a girl running across the road in front of you. The stuff behind her could just be motion blur from your cameras shutter. Always remember about that motion blur..if something is moving it might appear larger or like something that it's not so you should look real close.

As I have said in my original post if you read it. I would rather debunk this than say it is something paranormal. I just posted it mainly because it looked pretty neat and wanted other peoples opinions on it. No one ran in front of the camera and I swear that we were not smoking. I would not lie about something ridiculous like that.

I have spoke it over with them and the best we could get out of it is "jack ****".

These make me think of Orb pics. So many things can cause them. Too bad.

tis cool, it does look like a skinny boneyfied skeleton arm though..

I know. And I mean you guys have to just rely on my word so I can understand that. But as I have said before, I promise you we were not smoking but I think an earlier post about even in summer your breath can show on pictures because of dew and what not and it was in the wee hours of the morning. So I am glad to debunk it lol.

I dont believe it is smoke, its too defined IMO..Does anyone else see a face here, or just me? LOL..JN

post-53813-1215570909_thumb.jpg

On the front of that solid white toward the top?

Once again JN, it is just you. Haha

If the conditions are right, no matter the temperature the camera can pick up such things, especially at night. You have humidity, dew, what have you not to mention air current and it can cause that....define look you are talking about.

I dont believe it is smoke, its too defined IMO..Does anyone else see a face here, or just me? LOL..JN
Not only you I see a face in the top left and red eyes a little to the middle

Wow I did not notice that. Thanks for brightening it up. weird but still could be anything. If you try hard enough you can make out faces in anything lol.

On the front of that solid white toward the top?

Right the solid white is just above her head? JN

Once again JN, it is just you. Haha

If the conditions are right, no matter the temperature the camera can pick up such things, especially at night. You have humidity, dew, what have you not to mention air current and it can cause that....define look you are talking about.

LOL Its not just me, it just isnt..HA HA Sunni sees it too, so whatcha gunna do? I dunno Noah its probably the P word, but I happened to notice it. WHAT if it is a woman? LOL..JN :P

Wow I did not notice that. Thanks for brightening it up. weird but still could be anything. If you try hard enough you can make out faces in anything lol.

But it called my name? LOL..I just looked at it and it appeared to be a female face, then again I could be wrong. I was wrong once back in 1985. JN :lol: