Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Life In The Shadows: Palestinians In Lebanon

buckskin scout

I'd thought a shift in focus to Palestinian refugees in Lebanon would be a nice change as other have addressed in many threads:

Palestinian health care in Lebanon is underfunded and chronically unfit for the needs of the refugee population. Of particular concern are the overburdened and under-resourced United Nations clinics, an acute shortage of Palestinians training to become doctors and an inadequate tertiary healthcare system that places unbearable stress upon patients.

Pregnancy and childbirth are vulnerable times for mothers and newborns across the world. But in the Palestinian refugee camps of Lebanon this vulnerability is magnified by poverty and neglect.

The dark, overcrowded camps set a precarious backdrop for pregnant women and their newborn infants. With no government, and few rights in Lebanon, MAP's Maternal and Child Health works provides an opportunity for change and empowerment, and the protection of mothers and babies.

Very enlightening films. There is a lot of misery in this world. However, people do realize that this goes on for other populations across the globe, even citizens of those nations. In this country, we have the inner city and the reservations. The waiting rooms in those films are no different than the urgent care here in this country. The first thing that struck me was that the cameraman has a thing for wires. But after 60 years these people are no longer Palestinian. They are more Lebanese. Why don’t they have citizenship? Where’s Hezbollah? Where is the aid from all the other Arab and Muslim nations? Oh that’s right, they get it in the form of guns and rockets to attack Israel. It’s way too easy to condemn the way Palestinians are treated in Israel but when the same occurs in a Muslim nation, where’s the same level of outrage?

It’s very easy to see how Obamacare will look like here in a decade.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting a look at the reality of how Arabs treat Arabs in Lebanon. I daresay the Palestinians who stayed in Israel have better healthcare.

Thanks for posting a look at the reality of how Arabs treat Arabs in Lebanon. I daresay the Palestinians who stayed in Israel have better healthcare.

Palestinians in Israel? That's a surprise, coming from you.

Palestinians in Israel? That's a surprise, coming from you.

I got tired of trying to make the point that there is no real culture or independent people known as Palestinians. They are Arabs who live in Palestine. It's just not worth the effort. Those who chose not to flee at the pleading of their Arab brethren in '48 stayed to become the most free and prosperous of Palestinians in the modern world.