Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Life In The Shadows: Palestinians In Lebanon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

I'd thought a shift in focus to Palestinian refugees in Lebanon would be a nice change as other have addressed in many threads:

Palestinian health care in Lebanon is underfunded and chronically unfit for the needs of the refugee population. Of particular concern are the overburdened and under-resourced United Nations clinics, an acute shortage of Palestinians training to become doctors and an inadequate tertiary healthcare system that places unbearable stress upon patients.

Pregnancy and childbirth are vulnerable times for mothers and newborns across the world. But in the Palestinian refugee camps of Lebanon this vulnerability is magnified by poverty and neglect.

The dark, overcrowded camps set a precarious backdrop for pregnant women and their newborn infants. With no government, and few rights in Lebanon, MAP's Maternal and Child Health works provides an opportunity for change and empowerment, and the protection of mothers and babies.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#2    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Very enlightening films.  There is a lot of misery in this world.  However, people do realize that this goes on for other populations across the globe, even citizens of those nations.  In this country, we have the inner city and the reservations.  The waiting rooms in those films are no different than the urgent care here in this country.  The first thing that struck me was that the cameraman has a thing for wires.  But after 60 years these people are no longer Palestinian.  They are more Lebanese.  Why don’t they have citizenship?  Where’s Hezbollah?  Where is the aid from all the other Arab and Muslim nations?  Oh that’s right, they get it in the form of guns and rockets to attack Israel.  It’s way too easy to condemn the way Palestinians are treated in Israel but when the same occurs in a Muslim nation, where’s the same level of outrage?

It’s very easy to see how Obamacare will look like here in a decade.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,950 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for posting a look at the reality of how Arabs treat Arabs in Lebanon.  I daresay the Palestinians who stayed in Israel have better healthcare.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#4    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,952 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

View Postand then, on 01 October 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Thanks for posting a look at the reality of how Arabs treat Arabs in Lebanon.  I daresay the Palestinians who stayed in Israel have better healthcare.
Palestinians in Israel?   That's a surprise, coming from you.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,950 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostYamato, on 02 October 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

Palestinians in Israel?   That's a surprise, coming from you.
I got tired of trying to make the point that there is no real culture or independent people known as Palestinians.  They are Arabs who live in Palestine.  It's just not worth the effort.  Those who chose not to flee at the pleading of their Arab brethren in '48 stayed to become the most free and prosperous of Palestinians in the modern world.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users