Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow Ghost

cthulhu.

Here's the story, I was up at about 2:45-3:00 a.m. last night because I couldn't sleep. Eventually I got thirsty and went to get some orange juice. Every light in the house was off except a night light in the kitchen (yes, so I always know where the twinkies are :D) and while I was pouring the juice I noticed in the bright area of the wall where the light was shining a big shadow slowing move along the wall. any comments?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cthulhu.

• primordial

• SS79

• Shadowmalerenamon

Here's the story, I was up at about 2:45-3:00 a.m. last night because I couldn't sleep. Eventually I got thirsty and went to get some orange juice. Every light in the house was off except a night light in the kitchen (yes, so I always know where the twinkies are :D) and while I was pouring the juice I noticed in the bright area of the wall where the light was shining a big shadow slowing move along the wall. any comments?

To be honest without knowing the layout of your house ie where the windows door are etc its hard to give an opinion . the shadow could have been cast from something outside . or something as simple as a curtain or blind in the kitchen moving slightly . we wont know unless we were present to rule logical things out first . another thing is shadows that look large are made by things further away the closer things tend to make shadows more in proportion to the actual size of the object . So the fact it was large just means it was cast by something further away from you . not that it was something bad .

i would personally do the same thing again tonight with the same lighting and see if the shadow is there again . if it is. take a good look around in your kitchen and find anything that could be causing the shadow or from outside . if you cant find the source after this . then you may have something .

ss79 :)

Edited by SS79

I agree with SS... Was it human shaped or orb like?

Thanks ss, from where I was standing the hall I saw the shadow in was about 3 feet on my left and there is a window in the kitchen about 10-12 ft to the right of where I was. When I said the shadow was big I meant it was human and it looked husky, maybe around 5' 10".

We have this instinct that is still embedded within us for millions of years to survive and it will be with us till the day we go extinct ..we are yet being “the hunted”(jail to streets). The shadows of the past haunts you. I do find it odd n empathize tho, bec I do sometimes see shadows or that very slight of a glimpse of someone there in the corner of my eye. It always go away. I do hate that.

Did you see the object in your peripheral vision or in the visual field?

Edited by primordial

Well I experienced the "i saw an aura" phenomenon. I don't know if what i saw was an aura but when you actually see one you know for sure your seeing the phenomenon. It's not like "oh i think i'm seeing it" when you see it you will know. You see an aura with your periphial vision. Your periphial vision is more light sensitive. You can se more dimly light start in the night sky with your periphial vision rather than looking directly at the dim star. There is one word for what I saw and that is the aura heavenly. It looks class.

I would imagine that if one can see an aura with the periphial then you could see a ghost or shadow figure with your periphial. Then you look directly at it and it's gone. Also the fact that your alert may cloud you intuition and leave you less likly to see it again because you weren't thinking about a ghost and now your rationalising.

Edited by Mbyte

The shadow could have been cast from something outside.

It is impossible for it to have been from something outside. If the light is inside the house, the only thing that can cast a shadow is something inside, correct? Something has to pass in front of a light source to cast a shadow

Edited by ShadowMalerenamon

It is impossible for it to have been from something outside. If the light is inside the house, the only thing that can cast a shadow is something inside, correct? Something has to pass in front of a light source to cast a shadow

Of course but there are also light sources outside .

Trees from outside very often cast shadows on the walls inside my home especially if they are in front of a street lamp :D

I may well be wrong shadowmal like i said its hard to work out unless you know the house and where everything is situated ie lights. streetlamps windows etc .

Edited by SS79

Trees from outside very often cast shadows on the walls inside my home especially if they are in front of a street lamp :D

I may well be wrong shadowmal like i said its hard to work out unless you know the house and where everything is situated ie lights. streetlamps windows etc .

True, but from what blinded has said, I assumed the only light was that of the nightlight, since it was said that the shadow appeared on a spot where the nightlight was shining. I do agree with you though, more information is needed.

To answer Primordial, yes it was in my clear view, and it walked very casually right in front of me. Almost like it wanted me to know it was there.

What are you going to do now? Set up some equipment around the house like a camcorder. Do you want to see it again/or did you see it again? Its creepy in what u had seen on the wall. What flips me out is that u sensed it was aware of you.

Or, the 2D shadow could have been only a abstracted idea of human qualities of your imagination. Creepy nevertheless..

This is going to seem like a strange question, but do you suffer from depression? I have found with my reading on the paranormal that most people who see these shadow type figures are suffering from depression. That does not entirely rule out paranormal, but would be a coincidence.

I agree with ss and in no way am i trying to criticize or make light of what you are experiencing i guess my best advice based on the information provided is trust in yourself fear not the unknown and derive your on conclusions based on all the fact you know to be true in the end you cant lose and will probably be much happier with your own discovery what ever the outcome best of luck to you the biggest thing whatever course of action you decide to take dont let fear be any part of that and you will find the answer again best of luck

To be honest without knowing the layout of your house ie where the windows door are etc its hard to give an opinion . the shadow could have been cast from something outside . or something as simple as a curtain or blind in the kitchen moving slightly . we wont know unless we were present to rule logical things out first . another thing is shadows that look large are made by things further away the closer things tend to make shadows more in proportion to the actual size of the object . So the fact it was large just means it was cast by something further away from you . not that it was something bad .

i would personally do the same thing again tonight with the same lighting and see if the shadow is there again . if it is. take a good look around in your kitchen and find anything that could be causing the shadow or from outside . if you cant find the source after this . then you may have something .

ss79 :)

Wow. I like your ideas on what it could be.

More infomation is needed, like the layout of the house and what was in the area that the shadow could be at. You also have to remember that you were half-awake getting juice in the middle of the night. It was probably just a trick of the mind.

I've seen these shadow people directly on several occasions... most people claim to only be able to see them out of the corner of their eye but I have had one instance when I saw them directly... It was dark in the house and I was going downstairs to watch some TV and for some reason I went to go look in the closet mirror by the front door. In the mirror I could see in the reflection of one of them sitting in the couch behind me. Wearing all black with a black hood on. I turned around to look at him and he wasn't there when I looked back in the mirror there he was. To the right of me there was another one in the laundry room sitting on the laundry machine, I stared right at him no farther than 5 feet away from me. He began to open the cupboard door but it was in a way where the door seemed to be opening but in reality it wasn't even moving, kind of strange to explain. Thats when my mother turned on the lights from upstairs and lit up the house and they vanished with the light.

The other time I saw them was when they stabbed me in the neck and like I stated in another thread that they closed... since that day I have been hearing voices of what seems to be them. They can tell you stuff that you would have no knowledge of, things going on in places where you are not and I'm 100% sure they are the reason why many people in my town can read my mind because the way I communicated to them was actually through my head not to mention that I have actually seem many times shadows stick their heads out of peoples faces and look at me. I can see it from the side of their first... I remember the first time I saw it I was actually on the bus talking to these things in my head thinking I'm crazy and I asked what the hell is going on and they answered you dont need to know, then I looked up and out of the side of someones face I saw one of those things stick their head out from inside of them and I heard "this is all you need to know". I'm a Christian and I've read the bible and I strongly believe this has something to do with the mark of the beast and what not. I mean how else are they able to tell me stuff like who is outside or who is coming into a room soon at times I've felt as if I've just heard what someone was thinking or exactly how they felt.

The night they stabbed me felt like some kind of cult ritual. I was actually at a regular spot of mine and they began to show up 1 after the other and I could hear them talking to me with the voices of many people in my town that I know. Eventually I lied back on this rock and was looking up at the stars and slowly they all vanished and left 1 and it began to move across the sky so I closed my eyes and thats when I felt like a dagger go into my neck. When I opened my eyes I heard one of them say damn nearly got him. That was a strange night. Earlier before I got stabbed ones of my buddies actually stopped by to have a smoke him and his 2 kids (the kids weren't smoking lol)... Anyways I dont think it was raining on the other side of town but off in the distance on the other side of the town I would see lightning flashing and every time it flashed I would see this giant pyramid off in the distance a huge structure considering it that far away and still so large. After a few flashes my buddy said "holy sh** do you see that" I was like wtf. It was quite the night... after that night I haven't had a day of peace I think. I can always hear them and they have so much power over me. They can basically kill me anytime they want I don't think there is any escaping them now. They can control my feelings tell me the most interesting things thats going on and could probably have me reading minds like the others in my town but quite frankly I'm not one for accepting what I believe to be the mark of the best.

Also Bindedinchaines I wanted to know what that eye in your picture is for... I have a star of david in my right hand and an eye with a crown above it in my left hand both in the center of my palm I dont know why or what they're for. I also woke up one morning about 2 or 3 days after I was cut by those things and I found this like red cross in my forhead looks like it was done with a thumb or something.... I was able to rub it off but it was weird cuz theres no one in my house that would come anywhere close to do something like that.

Really I just want to rid myself of these things. You have no idea what its like living with them. They're brought me to the edge of suicide and back. Its like having the devil inside of you and he's dying to control you... I know they want me to keep quiet about them cuz they're silenced a lot since I began to talk. They actually came to me on the first night I posted on the internet about them... It was quite the night, shifting in and out of dream to the point of where I hardly knew what was reality anymore. I would wake from a dream into a dream all of them feeling like reality and it went on all night like that. After a while I couldn't even tell what was reality I shifted in and out for 10-20 minutes at a time for about 6 to 7 hours. I was always lying on my bed though so its like having a dream that is exactly like reality where you aren't sleeping your just lying on your bed and the strangest things would happen, like one moment there was a phone beside me and I felt a hand rich from under my stomach and reach out and grab the phone under while it was ringing, then I opened my eyes and was in the same position and when I looked out the door which was open and saw one of them with a tin can at his feet and I heard "can it" in my head... so I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep and when I fell asleep I actually woke up but with sleep paralysis and I could feel them around me... The strange thing was that usually when u awaken from a dream you can tell it was a dream but all night when I woke from one to another and back to reality again, I couldn't tell the difference, it all felt like reality to me.

Wow. I like your ideas on what it could be.

More infomation is needed, like the layout of the house and what was in the area that the shadow could be at. You also have to remember that you were half-awake getting juice in the middle of the night. It was probably just a trick of the mind.

Oh believe me crypto I was fully awake and starinhands description kinda fits mine, It looked liked it had a trench (sp?) coat on, but they don't torment me, Ive seen maybe 4 all my life, the first was right after my grandma died, I stood right infront of my bedroom door on a white wall, unmistakable. the second was in my brothers room, I was in his closet getting a paintball mask and I heard something move I turned around and right before it vanished I could make out a human figure, the third was in my attic. And yes I did crap myself. The forth was the topic starter.