Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ghost story

Lightning88

Hi,

So me and my dad used to work for a contractor.And one day he asigns us to an older house 1950's or 60's.the owner got the house when his parents died.Our job was to paint the house,and also do laqur work then clean the house and install new furniture and some appliances.All was normal for the first few weeks.And after a while the house started to look different.The kitchen was all remodeled and new walls and windows ect.Then one day the bosses radio would not stay on.He along with everyone else assumed it was broken.He messed with it for a while then finally got it working again.Five minutes later It stopped working agian.He walked into the kitchen where it was and saw it had been unpluged.Thing is all three of us were in the living room at the time.Then a few days later the bos was fired for being drunk on the job.my dad and I were promoted and we got a new guy.One of the things we had to do was take all the doors down label them then put them in the garage.I labeld them my self 1-13.we had many issues with the garage doors closing both the electric and wooden doors at that time we assumed some one was joking around and lokking us out,then running under the door before it closed.then about a week later the doors were finised and we went to install then.we we opened the box of hardware the numbers were all wrong.the numbers I wrote were 1-13 the numbers on the were 38-117.That made no sense whatsoever.my dad complaind to the owner then we learned we had the only key and no one could posibly have been there.We also lost tools and suplies nearly every day then they would apear on the table later. By that time we had almost finished the house but there was still a room upstairs.we sent the new guy up there.A while later I was going to get suplies and the new guy said he would not stay upstairs alone.He would not explain why.So my dad went and I stayed by myself upstais.I soon learned why the new guy would not stay there.I never say anything but had a bad feeling that I was in danger,and was being watched THen I heard breathing.I cranked up my headphones and ignored it.Then I heard growling.That was it I ran out and woulden't stay there either.I never explained why to my dad.I think he found out for himself.So we worked together when upstairs.Then the next day we heard the tiolet flush by itself,we looked at each other and went back to work.A few minutes later the washing machine turned on down stairs.my dad looked in and it was filling up with water and washing a few towels by itself.We diden't realy talk about it.then as we were leaving my dad thought he would dry the run for the owners.When he opened it the towels were dry and folded in the washer! Someone would have had to walk past us to do that.It was imposible.The nxt day we put all the furniture back and there maids came and made the beds.We had a few things left to do in the kitchen and living room to do.the maids finised and left.Then we heard nioses in the other rooms.We looked in each room and found nothing.We didn't go in them again.Afew days later the owner asks who has been laying in our beds?We reply not us.and once agin we are told we have the only key.We then looked and each bed apeard to be sleptin. Luckly we were done with that job.A few days later we learned from the owner of the construction company that the owners parents did die,in fact they died in the house! We later heard similar story's from other contracters who worked on the house.

Thats just one of my storys.I have been seeing thing since I was about 9.but thats another story.Sorry if my grammers bad I wrote this in kind of a hurry.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• TRPS-TECH1

• Drayno

• Lightning88

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story , kinda wild . I seen and heard alot of things but never had a toilet flush , at least it was being polite !

Interesting story , kinda wild . I seen and heard alot of things but never had a toilet flush , at least it was being polite !

LOL Mine flushes too, but its not paranormal its a plumbing issue. That rubber stopper thingy (LOL) isnt sealing so that the water builds up and flushes on its own. My son is a plumber, he fixed mine..NOW if he would just flush LOL..JN

That is quite a interesting story. Kind of funny that they flushed the toilet..I did not know ghosts needed to go potty. :D

LOL Mine flushes too, but its not paranormal its a plumbing issue. That rubber stopper thingy (LOL) isnt sealing so that the water builds up and flushes on its own. My son is a plumber, he fixed mine..NOW if he would just flush LOL..JN

Ain't nothing more annoying than automatic flushing toilets... Must have been a man that invented them... If it was a woman, she would have made them working when you stand up not sat down!!!

Maybe they were just "living their lives" thinking they were still alive, seeing their house as if they were still living it, and not seeing you there. But that doesn't explain the growling. oO maybe it wasnt growling you heard, but a .. ghost vacum D:

Yes, it is pretty normal for some ghosts to think they are still alive. They were probably messing with you because they thought you were irritating.

If anyone does work on the house , see if it would make them lunch ! But anyway they do think that they are still alive sometimes , just doing their normal things . AGREED

Very interesting story! Thanks for sharing it with us!

I'm aware that remodeling an old house can stir up some strange activity.

I wonder how many contractors run across this type of activity while remodeling a house and say nothing, because they know they will only be there temporarily?

Ain't nothing more annoying than automatic flushing toilets... Must have been a man that invented them... If it was a woman, she would have made them working when you stand up not sat down!!!

LOL OMG I choked on my coffee.. Good one Angel.. :rofl:

Great story..I do wonder what made the new worker spooked?

I agree - good story! Growling never seems to symbolise anything benevolent though does it?

NO Normally its Demonic or Malevolent..JN

NO Normally its Demonic or Malevolent..JN

Yeh I can't imagine if two old people died and these disturbances were them, they would suddenly start growling at people from the afterlife.

Yeh I can't imagine if two old people died and these disturbances were them, they would suddenly start growling at people from the afterlife.

Exactly, human spirits dont behave that way..as they tend to visit and POOF they leave..JN

Exactly, human spirits dont behave that way..as they tend to visit and POOF they leave..JN

So, it took a in-finite time to appear at that moment?

So, it took a in-finite time to appear at that moment?

Sure, why not? Has to start somewhere. They are alot more active than we are and can go anywhere they want at any time, but we cant..NO FAIR LOL..JN

To answer some things you gauy said or asked.The worker quit shortly after that.Then a few moths ago I qiut and started my own company.I don't think the toilet was broken.We spent two moths there and it never happend before or after.But that was just ine of the things that happend.As for the growling.That was only in one room upstairs we were painting over hard wood(stupid I know but thats what the owner wanted).It was very scary and heard by at least three others at different times.Mabey they were mad we were ruining the wood.I thinck I forgot to mention they biult the house in the 50's or 60's.I worked on many other old houses.And I have no other stories from those(however I have a few others).Mabey sometime soon I will post some of my other storys.Although my others are pretty short.I have been seeing things(but not full body usualy mist in the shape of a body or large orbs) since I was about 9.Not sure why.I never did see anyting there thought.

cool story and yeah i bet a fair few builders could tell some strange tales but they perhaps wouldnt speak of them for fear of ridicule maybe and i agree flushing the toilet is wierd but at least the washing machine thing was usefull tho..