Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5-year-old girl suspended over bubble-gun

Still Waters

A 5-year-old girl was suspended from a Pennsylvania kindergarten after telling another girl that she was going to shoot her. The weapon she was going to use was a pink toy gun that blows soapy bubbles.

Mount Carmel Area School District officials questioned the student without her parents present, deemed the girl a “terrorist threat” and suspended her for 10 days, according to attorney Robin Ficker, who was hired by the family to fight the suspension.

The incident happened on January 10 as the preschoolers were waiting in line for a schoolbus.

http://rt.com/usa/ne...-suspended-322/

Whatever happen to taking the toy away and putting it in a box of baned toys. That is what used to happen when my kids where young. They usually got them back at the end of the year. I think for kindergarten kid a suspension is really not going to drive home the lesson as well as they think it will.

• Like 3

Not to mention she just got a DHS/FBI file for life.

• Like 3

From the title of this thread, I half expected to read about some poor kid dangling in a harness high above a giant stick of Wrigley's!

Shoulda gone to Specsaver! s11970.gif

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 5

If only terrorists DID use pink bubble guns, this world wouldn't be as jacked up as it is.

• Like 2

She is only 5 years old for petes sake... Kids love those silly bubble guns.. Becky has had a few of them from she was 4 onwards.. The little guns are annoying, I was forever telling her NOT INDOORS!! She asked her teacher if she could take it into school to play outside during play time? The teacher laughed and said No, it would mess a lot of clothing.. But at least her teacher didn't go bonkers over the idea of Becky wanting to take it into school...

But suspending a child as young as five over that? That is mental..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

Liberal political correctness run amok. You know what turns little kids into crazy kids and crazy adults? Not letting them be kids.

• Like 5

that's how it starts. bubble gunners hate our freedom.

• Like 1

Ban Em

From the title of this thread, I half expected to read about some poor kid dangling in a harness high above a giant stick of Wrigley's!

Shoulda gone to Specsaver! s11970.gif

When I first read it, I thought it said - Bubble gum !!

• Like 2

Yes ban em. You ever have a bubble burst on your eye? That's a pain no kid should ever endure. It's time we get kids inside a bubble instead of being near the dangers outside of it. How I wish my parents kept me from scraped knees and squirt guns. Oh the torment I endured.

• Like 2

Liberal political correctness run amok. You know what turns little kids into crazy kids and crazy adults? Not letting them be kids.

EXACTLY..( Look how Michael Jackson turned out lol ) . My dad used to tell us about his glory days as a kid playing cowboys and Indians... My brother was gun mad, always playing with toy guns and having the time of it. One of the biggest games boys played was war...Always pretending to shoot..It was one of their favourite past times ..Actually my brother would still do it if you gave him the chance, it's no wonder I refuse to go paint balling with him again lol

I am going to shoot my bubble gun at you ha ha <-- That is now offensive? Sigh...kids cant be kids, they must watch what they do and say..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Michael Jackson was the first to come to my mind too. Along with numerous other child stars and serial killers too.

A five year old girl a “terrorist threat”....I think someone is becoming far too paranoid!

A five year old girl a “terrorist threat”....I think someone is becoming far too paranoid!

This anti gun thing is getting too much out of hand.. I know there are people who would love to ban all guns.. But for the love of bubbles, this just rips the as* out of it

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Its gett

This anti gun thing is getting too much out of hand.. I know there are people who would love to ban all guns.. But for the love of bubbles, this just rips the as* out of it

Its just crazy....the poor little 5 year old has been suspended over a bubble guN, and yet give it a couple of years and her parents will be teaching her how to handle a real one.......for safety reasons mind.

A 5-year-old girl was suspended from a Pennsylvania kindergarten after telling another girl that she was going to shoot her. The weapon she was going to use was a pink toy gun that blows soapy bubbles.

Mount Carmel Area School District officials questioned the student without her parents present, deemed the girl a “terrorist threat” and suspended her for 10 days, according to attorney Robin Ficker, who was hired by the family to fight the suspension.

The incident happened on January 10 as the preschoolers were waiting in line for a schoolbus.

http://rt.com/usa/ne...-suspended-322/

School officials learned of the conversation and questioned the girl for over 30 minutes the next day, Ficker said. After the talk, she was suspended for 10 days, branded a threat and required to be evaluated by a psychologist, he added

This child is being forced to be examined by a psychologist? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!? She's 5. Has the world gone completely insane? Where the hell did all the grownups go? Are teachers and administrators so scared they'll miss a real danger that they've gone off their nut? I notice that this is an RT report so I'll add the caveat that IF this is accurate, the people of Pennsylvania need a better education system.

This mentality towards guns is being pushed, as politicians say, "it is for the sake of our children."

Yes, the politicians love the children so much they sign laws with little children all around then.

But of course, let's not forget this sort of mentality towards children and guns is going to be pursued by the Department of Education.

Oh, and let's not also forget that the secretary of said Department is going to be ahead of a national campaign about mental health awareness.

And let's also blatantly disregard the Department of Education is a prime example of Orwellian doublespeak.

What is the best part of this mental health campaign? The secretary will be lecturing children.

She'll probably just end up talking to them and telling them the dangers of thought crimes like these.

Or to tattle on anyone who has violent thoughts; especially those dangerous, playful 5 year old boys who will be labeled terrorists for brandishing fingers in play fights, who will have government files compiled about their behavior, and who will then be forced to go through re-education about mental health and guns.

All the while the children are persuaded guns aren't cool or acceptable; fulfilling all of Eric Holder's dreams about brainwashing kids.

This case is freaking sick.

Edited by Eonwe
  • Like 1

School officials learned of the conversation and questioned the girl for over 30 minutes the next day, Ficker said. After the talk, she was suspended for 10 days, branded a threat and required to be evaluated by a psychologist, he added

This child is being forced to be examined by a psychologist? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!? She's 5. Has the world gone completely insane? Where the hell did all the grownups go? Are teachers and administrators so scared they'll miss a real danger that they've gone off their nut? I notice that this is an RT report so I'll add the caveat that IF this is accurate, the people of Pennsylvania need a better education system.

So it's the shape of the toy that got her suspended. It's shaped like a gun! Oh MY GOD!!!! If it was an old fashioned bottle full of soap with a plastic ring on a stick inside, I'm confident the traumatized school officials could have calmed down and thought this over rationally.

I'm so glad I didn't have to grow up with this generation. Now we can't even make the shape of a gun with our fingers without a paranoid school employee collapsing in a stress induced seizure. I can imagine what would happen if kids still used pencils, and a kid actually held a pencil in his hand from the eraser end after sharpening it and pointed it at one of his classmates eyes. A teacher could have a heart attack over something like that. Is there a pill for that? Get these teachers some help!

http://rt.com/usa/news/six-year-old-suspended-school-pretend-236/

The really bad part.....................it turns out that the child didn't even have the bubble gun on school grounds. She and her little girlfriends were only talking about it.

• Like 1

These teachers don't need to get help. They need to get lost. They're obviously beyond the point of no return.